Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-14-2008, 07:54 PM #1
jsk100

Vents Lens and events question

Hey guys. So i got my avatar vents and its got the black lens on them. I'm confused on what the difference is with the tints. Like the firey type and see through. Is that just if you want it darker.. or lighter.. or ... I'm confused.. hah. It seems that the stock lens are a little darker.. and kinda hard to see because of the darkness. Should I change to the clear ones? Also, whats the difference between Events and avatars.. they look the same.
jsk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 04:08 PM #2
echoback
aka harbichidian

echoback owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
echoback has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Lens tint is mostly personal preference, but there are a few advantages to each: Amber lenses filter out harsh blues, raising the contrast and making it easier to see movement, but they only work well in bright light. Smoke and mirror lenses are good for very bright conditions, because they darken everything. Clear lenses are good for indoor and dark fields because they let more light through. It all depends on what you need it for, and what look you're going for.
echoback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 04:44 PM #3
shockers rock94
Hi!

shockers rock94 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
shockers rock94 is for the Gunfight
shockers rock94 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
shockers rock94 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
events have soft ears and avatars dont and avatars are a little wider or longer for got which.
superior paintball team fan club member #1
www.superiorpaintball.net
www.airassualtpaintball.com
shockers rock94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 06:21 AM #4
ClowN_

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoback View Post
Lens tint is mostly personal preference, but there are a few advantages to each: Amber lenses filter out harsh blues, raising the contrast and making it easier to see movement, but they only work well in bright light. Smoke and mirror lenses are good for very bright conditions, because they darken everything. Clear lenses are good for indoor and dark fields because they let more light through. It all depends on what you need it for, and what look you're going for.
Amber / yellow is for low light conditions aswell
Clear is for indoor / mid light conditions
Smoke & mirror are for bright light
Ninja Lense is for intense bright light (its essentially a smoke, just alot darker)

Differences between e-vents and avatars, is e-vents have soft ears, avatars are probably softer abit, but not much. And the jewels are different, the E-vents have Empire logos, the Avatars have Vents logos.
ClowN_ is offline   Reply With Quote