Just finished untaping my events. Want to give them a couple of days to let the paint finish curing before I throw the lense in. I used Krylon Fusion paint and a boatload of coats to cover the black. I had a problem though with the black, the paint didn't seem to want to stick that well. I cleaned it with warm soapy water first and dried it before I started, but still have areas along the tape line that came up as a solid piece of red exposing the black underneath. I don't know how well this is gonna hold up to paint until I blast at it next week after it's cured. This process would be SOO
much easier if Empire would've just made a white with red events in the first place. I think it looks sick, my fiance thinks it reminds here of a clown. I say clowns should be feared anyway. Here's the pics.
I'm gonna work on cleaning up the lines and scraping the little pieces of foam off at a later time when the paint cures. Next is gonna be figuring out how I'm gonna tape this thing up to get the little black pieces in the vented portion of the grill. It will look awesome once that's all done.