Annual Supporting Member
raehl is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
raehl plays in the PSP
raehl supports our troops
raehl is an NCPA National Champion
raehl plays in the APPA D5 division
Separate ceremonies for each division?

The only people who really stay for them are the people in them, and at least for PSP, even most of those people are usually up at registration immediately following the last game of their division trying to get to the airport or on the road.

When you televise, there are going to be some adjustments to make it work. Sucks that the weather didn't cooperate, but weather is weather.

- Chris

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

American Paintball Players Association - www.paintball-players.org
Old 05-19-2008, 11:51 AM #24
Knights05
EGO Owner

they did d1 semi pro and pro ceremonies all together and if they wanted the tv thing to work they should have schedual it that way dont change it to make it work

TopGun Factory

dXs
Vforce
BEVOLUTION AMMO
Old 05-19-2008, 11:53 AM #25
southbaykilla
EC

D3 is just as important as any1 else. bonehead move to seperate the awards ceremony.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:38 PM #26
bmoney003
187 cRew it's Murda!!

bmoney003 is a Professional paintball player
bmoney003 plays in the PSP
bmoney003 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
soooo...what happens if say those teams didnt plan on playing buffalo or just couldnt afford it.....will the NPPL send them there fro free??

interesteing
Old 05-19-2008, 12:42 PM #27
shamu
Transplanted

the plan was to do it as normal - awards ceremony at the end. unfortunately the weather threat made them change that. why? because if the awards ceremony is cancelled you don't have much of an end to your TV show. It's not something you can reschedule, particularly when your TV show is supposed to start airing before the next event.

on the other hand, lower division finals can be rescheduled and affect fewer people.

yes, it sucks that D2 has to finish their finals in Buffalo but at least they can.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:46 PM #28
Statiz
ɹǝ4ʞ2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoney003 View Post
soooo...what happens if say those teams didnt plan on playing buffalo or just couldnt afford it.....will the NPPL send them there fro free??
[NJ]
"...Like a ***** with no ***, you aint got ****..."
Old 05-19-2008, 12:52 PM #29
RavinX13
PewPewPew

Annual Supporting Member
RavinX13 is BST Trusted
RavinX13 plays in the APPA beginner division
RavinX13 supports Empire
Guess what people... It isn't all about you. You are not the only person out there on the field. Schedules had to be adjusted. Be glad that they stopped it. The stoppage was for safety, with netting coming down and a thunder storm approaching being out on the field isn't a safe place for players, refs, or spectators.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:27 PM #30
sdzell18
Code it and Load it

Annual Supporting Member
sdzell18 works for a Paintball manufacturer
sdzell18 plays in the APPA Pro division
sdzell18 is All In
The real story:

So they realized the storm was coming in so they did pro and semi pro and d1 finals first before the D2, D3 and pump in order to accommodate Fox Sports. They then had the award ceremony immediately following the Pro finals. after the ceremony they started playing the lower division finals in the order- pump, d3, d2. We got through 2 games for each pump and d3. right after the final d3 match the nets blew over on All the fields and play was stopped. The last I spoke to Walker he said that the D2 teams (go for broke and Rage D2) will be playing the rest of the games in NY however this is still up in the air.

this is coming from a Go for broke player
My Feedback +43, -0
Old 05-19-2008, 08:19 PM #31
||SoCaLkId||
.818ventkrew

||SoCaLkId|| plays in the USPL
||SoCaLkId|| plays in the PSP
||SoCaLkId|| plays in the APPA D2 division
to topgun factory guys for being really cool and good sports.

yaa, i confronted sean walker before our d3 final games in the pits;dont know if any of the top gun guys remembered . but ya i gave it to him and he was kinda quite and i can tell he waslike ya this isnt happeneing again. but we are at the bottom of the totem(sp?) pole now but soon to be rising up it. guess we just gotta earn our respect and pay our due's before we can get publicity and respect that the higher divisions get. but it still woulda been nice to have the crowd and publicity for us youngins. but all in all it was still fun.

many people can easily pick out the bad things about what happens and not cherish the good parts but at the same time they still have to be said to be resolved and i think if he hears more things from the players it will help him make the tournament better. i didnt notice this but someone else told me this and was told that the preliminary draws were based on alphabetical order and not ranking. dont know how true this is but it shoulda been on ranking imo.

still a fun event. minus having to leave straight from game 2 in finals in pouring rain to the airport for my 8:15 flight.haha

see everyone in buffalo

LA Collision Fast Five R.I.P CS Union Cobras
Steezy beanies for sale. pm me.

Last edited by ||SoCaLkId|| : 05-19-2008 at 08:22 PM.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:05 PM #32
paintballa12788

Annual Supporting Member
paintballa12788 plays in the PSP
paintballa12788 plays in the APPA Pro division
paintballa12788 supports Empire
paintballa12788 is All In
paintballa12788 is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by ||SoCaLkId|| View Post
to topgun factory guys for being really cool and good sports.

yaa, i confronted sean walker before our d3 final games in the pits;dont know if any of the top gun guys remembered . but ya i gave it to him and he was kinda quite and i can tell he waslike ya this isnt happeneing again. but we are at the bottom of the totem(sp?) pole now but soon to be rising up it. guess we just gotta earn our respect and pay our due's before we can get publicity and respect that the higher divisions get. but it still woulda been nice to have the crowd and publicity for us youngins. but all in all it was still fun.

many people can easily pick out the bad things about what happens and not cherish the good parts but at the same time they still have to be said to be resolved and i think if he hears more things from the players it will help him make the tournament better. i didnt notice this but someone else told me this and was told that the preliminary draws were based on alphabetical order and not ranking. dont know how true this is but it shoulda been on ranking imo.

still a fun event. minus having to leave straight from game 2 in finals in pouring rain to the airport for my 8:15 flight.haha

see everyone in buffalo

couldnt have been said better, and anything my team has said has just been us venting on a lil disappointment. But congrats to CS Union on being a classy yet great team. Congrats on 2 wins in a row and hopefully we meet for 1st and 2nd in buffalo. (time for you guys to come to our turf) hahah
Old 05-20-2008, 07:46 AM #33
jve153
STD Factory

jve153 is a Supporting Member
jve153 plays in the USPL
congrats to all teams who made sunday and especially those who won/made it to finals. go for broke, good luck to you guys in buffalo against rage. was awesome playing you guys first round. you are a stand up group of ballers and hope to see you on sunday again in buffalo.
as for the weather... cant help it, and i think the NPPL staff did an amazing job bouncing back from fridays storm to be able to continue the event on saturday. and to all teams whose games got delayed till sunday, way to suck it up and play ball on a schedule that was messed up for all involved.
thanks everyone for a great event and look forward to seeing you all in buffalo.
see you at the 50
07/09 egos
02 DC custom milled viking
06 Angel Speed "The Gat"
"...now if i could only get my angel to shoot real paintballs."
"i dont think the format really matters, as long as there are players on the opposite side of the field, i think well be able to figure it out"
Old 05-20-2008, 07:58 AM #34
Naughty_Dogs

coming from team velocity congrats cs union and our series was a badass series tons of fun and once again congrats

PArty like a ROCKSTAR!

Str8Killa

Feed Back: (Old Style)
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...3#post21093693
Old 05-20-2008, 08:50 AM #35
oldschool_Pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballa12788 View Post
couldnt have been said better, and anything my team has said has just been us venting on a lil disappointment. But congrats to CS Union on being a classy yet great team. Congrats on 2 wins in a row and hopefully we meet for 1st and 2nd in buffalo. (time for you guys to come to our turf) hahah
I agree what you both said. And concgrats to CS union , topgun . we wished we didnt have to pull out of jax's. we were looking forward in playing you guys again (Karma) . But the worst thing is that us D3 teams get screwed because we are the lower divison, but if it wasnt for us they wont be making that much more $$, being that we have the most teams that go to these events . We should get treated better. They don't even list the top 10 teams at least.

PaintBall Arena***\*TopGun *\*PRESTIGE PAINTBALL *\**OXCC\ \\Genr8 \ Fein \ RIPdanas \Empire\Gary Baum
Pump Gun PimP #37 ~ Official Pump Gun Fan
1 SHOT 1 KILL 100% SKILL
PUMP AWAY MY FELLOW PUMPERS\
Old Woods Ball
Swift Silent & Deadly