PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-19-2008, 07:38 PM #1
Xi Troll 13
LS1

has been a member for 10 years
Retaliatory Neg/Neutral feedback.

Hey guys, I just made a deal with someone on here for my Xbox 360 and PSP for his marker. I agreed to ship 1st when we agreed to make a deal.

I shipped out my stuff, wrapped very carefully and each piece individually, with bubble wrap and when he got it, he backed out of the deal and then told me that if I want my stuff back I'd have to pay him for shipping to get it because he claims that the xbox had some kind of flaw, which is BS because I know it doesn't. Anyways, I agreed to pay for 1/2 the shipping back. I got my 360 back today and when I opened it up, it was just carelessly thrown into the box, nothing was wrapped like I had it originally and this resulted in my 360 getting scratched and marked up and I also noticed a slight crack in the face plate.

Can I leave him negative or neutral feedback and if I leave him negative or neutral feedback, will he have the right to retaliate with neg or neutral even though I came through 100% on my end of the deal?

Thanks, Jeff

OLD PBN Feedback 47+
Xi Troll 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-19-2008, 11:14 PM #2
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

Annual Supporting Member
John is playing at Living Legends VII
John has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
John is a PbNation video producer
I'm sorry but we can't mediate this deal for you. We have no way of knowing what actually transpired with the deal. We don't know what was promised, what was delivered or if either party is telling us the whole truth.

I agree that nothing is worse than doing your part and then having someone else not only fail to live up to their end, but also try and blame you for it not working out. I wish we had a better way to deal with retaliatory feedback. Ebay's answer is to allow both parties to mutually withdraw, but that doesn't actually warn users against bad traders/sellers. We're always looking for good ideas on how to improve the system so if you have any, please share.

Pretty much the only time we will mediate Feedback or a B/S/T deal at all is if one of our mods was used as a third party. Then we at least know what happened.

Before you do another deal on PbNation, we strongly recommend you read the B/S/T Tips. They might not have saved you this time, but there is a lot of valuable information in there.
John is online now   Reply With Quote