Community Focus

Old 05-18-2008, 07:56 PM #43
MonkeyWithaGun
respect the badge

MonkeyWithaGun is a Supporting Member
MonkeyWithaGun supports Cereal Killerz 2
MonkeyWithaGun donated to help Peyton Trent
MonkeyWithaGun is a videographer
and now he wants to rewrite my business model...

-patrick

"Would you accuse me of causing a riot if I was quiet. Would you?"
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-18-2008, 08:31 PM #44
JordanMiller
★ JoMilla ★

has been a member for 10 years
The people who run PBnation are very childish.
JoMilla.net
Old 05-18-2008, 08:52 PM #45
CraigAL32

CraigAL32 plays in the APPA beginner division
Patrick I love your products and feel for you on what went down.

You and your company has never been the issue as far as I am concerned.

My issue has always been the way PBNation took that fight here.

PBNation in my opinion and the opinion of most is an OPEN FORUM for paintball fans. In an open forum it should only be NOT Open when someone is swearing, targeting someone , and stuff like that. The NPPL was treated like a bad word, actually being blocked out by the same software that blocks bad words.
Once that was put into place there was no way in hell the fans or even the haters could be productive in any capacity towards this whole argument. At one point I was concerned of being banned for starting threads to question this PBNation ruling.

I have no problem with PBNation taking them off the top front section that PSP sits at after every event.

Again bottom line PBNation Censored the NPPL and anyone wanting to post anything about the NPPL by putting it in the bad word filter.

Anyone that runs a forum site knows the key to their site is keeping it honest and not editing, censoring, or choosing what they can and cannot speak about in topics important to that forum.

Luckily this is over with and they can learn by it.

Owner of the Annihilators and one of the original founding players.
One of the founding players for Miami Rage 1994-1997
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Florid...s/377685150910
http://www.floridapaintballing.com
Boogie Fan #1
Old 05-18-2008, 09:01 PM #46
dm7killer153

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyWithaGun View Post
and now he wants to rewrite my business model...

-patrick
excuse me, the poster i had quoted asked me how i would like if i was running a movie production company. not if i was solely MWAG.
MWAG isnt the only company that got told no center court filiming, you know.
i dont have a problem with MWAG or any other film company, i have a problem with pbnation taking a situation and putting it in their own hands when they had nothing to do with it.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:35 PM #47
MonkeyWithaGun
respect the badge

MonkeyWithaGun is a Supporting Member
MonkeyWithaGun supports Cereal Killerz 2
MonkeyWithaGun donated to help Peyton Trent
MonkeyWithaGun is a videographer
CraigAL32

You are right! What can I say... You guys where caught in the cross fire, sorry.

PBN took a stand and I respect them for it. It might not of been the way you would have liked, but it did bring the matter to light. Some times a stand has to be made.

CraigAL32 thanks for your time.

-patrick

"Would you accuse me of causing a riot if I was quiet. Would you?"
Old 05-18-2008, 11:18 PM #48
chain hang
Kobe might be a alcoholic

Question

what was the dispute about?

Everyday I wake up I'm ashamed the University of South Carolina still exists
Absolute Carnage
Sponsored by Planet Paintball
Old 05-18-2008, 11:32 PM #49
dm7killer153

read before you post.

NPPL had a deal with fox,so fox will record NPPL boston
at the last minute, they strike a deal that leaves FOX with exclusive Center Court recording rights, as film companies come, there isnt enough time to inform them before hand, so companies are told basically as they get there.
in return, they were rumored to be given free media passes, as well as all costs refunded (hotel, flight, etc).

pbnation decides to take the matter into their hand, ban any of their websites, remove NPPL off the front page and will not allow any news thread posted about the NPPL to last more than 10 seconds.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:47 AM #50
raehl
NCPA President

Annual Supporting Member
raehl is a Supporting Member
raehl plays in the PSP
raehl supports our troops
raehl is an NCPA National Champion
raehl plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm7killer153 View Post
read before you post.

NPPL had a deal with fox,so fox will record NPPL boston
at the last minute, they strike a deal that leaves FOX with exclusive Center Court recording rights, as film companies come, there isnt enough time to inform them before hand, so companies are told basically as they get there.
in return, they were rumored to be given free media passes, as well as all costs refunded (hotel, flight, etc).

pbnation decides to take the matter into their hand, ban any of their websites, remove NPPL off the front page and will not allow any news thread posted about the NPPL to last more than 10 seconds.
Your sequence of events is wrong.

NPPL makes a season-long deal with the video companies.

NPPL decides they want to buy airtime to put a show on Fox.

NPPL knows that they will not be able to allow the video companies to film center court, but does not make any effort to inform the video companies that NPPL does not intend to honor their agreement with them until the video companies have already paid to travel to Boston and are on-site the day before the event, nor does NPPL make any effort to reach a new agreement that both they and the video companies can agree to, nor does NPPL even offer to reimburse the video companies for their expenses until later and under considerable objection from the video companies and others.

So after the video companies arrive at Boston, NPPL tells them they will not be able to film center court where the finals will be played.

PbNation, who distributes for MWAG, one of the video companies affected, apparently contacts NPPL in an effort to reach some suitable arrangement on behalf of MWAG. Shawn Walker gets on the NPPL webcast and instead of acknowledging that NPPL may not have handled the situation with the video companies very well, lies about the situation and claims PbNation just doesn't want paintball on television.

Some time after the video companies are first informed that NPPL has unilaterally decided not to honor their original agreement with the video companies, NPPL does offer the video companies reimbursement - but reimbursement was not originally offered.

I don't know exactly what relationship PbNation and MWAG have, but whether or not you feel PbNation should have gotten involved on behalf of MWAG, and whether or not you think PbNation's response was appropriate given the situation, NPPL did not handle the situation with the video companies well at all either.

Now, this was over a year ago. Everybody makes mistakes and it seems NPPL and PbNation have decided to move on. But to suggest that NPPL did not share any responsibility for the situation is simply not fair to the other parties involved.

- Chris

Last edited by raehl : 05-19-2008 at 12:57 AM.