PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 05-08-2008, 01:58 PM #1
todoroff

Question about fields

I'm gonna be in the DC area for the summer and was trying to find paintball fields in the vicinity. It looks like OA is pretty close, but it also seems from looking at other topics that the fields have issues. So, I've a few questions:
1. is OA in a playable condition (for speedball, with people who've played before)?
2. are there other fields in the area (like, not an hour and a half away) that are either much better or cheaper?
3. are there fields in the area that a lot of teams normally practice at, or is it scattered among all the fields?

Thanks for the help!
todoroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2008, 08:56 AM #2
DwnNdrty
MD MILITIA #69

www.pbreview.com first choose md, va, or west va put the location into google maps and you can compare the field distances from you. there are several fields for you to choose from. oh yeah oa is ok it caters more towards woodsball players, there are 2 hyperball fields and 1 airball field that has to be reserved. the rest is woods and it just depends on if you get a good day with good players as far as players ability goes. hope this helps, good luck!

"If the first thing you would grab in a fire is your paintball gear put this in your sig"

Last edited by DwnNdrty : 05-09-2008 at 08:59 AM.
DwnNdrty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:26 AM #3
todoroff

thanks
todoroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 02:42 PM #4
DwnNdrty
MD MILITIA #69

no prob

"If the first thing you would grab in a fire is your paintball gear put this in your sig"
Old 05-11-2008, 11:38 AM #5
s3sixshot
Team Nefarious

its a field in the woods at OA thats called nightmare thats like speedball.
s3sixshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 04:45 PM #6
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

stevebski supports Bob Gurnsey
stevebski supports our troops
If you're looking for speedball, OA is not the place to go. It's unfortunate, I'll be the first to defend OA and all, but I've gone quite a few times and spent the whole day waiting to hit the hyperpipe and it just doesn't happen. I thought it was a fluke the first time it happened, now I'm counting with both hands how many times I've gone down hoping to play some speedball and got stuck on the first field on the left or the first one on the right. I even bugged the refs to let us play the castle just to eliminate the amount of stick bunkers where people shove the barrels through the bunker to effectively blind shoot, but I was shot down every time. I'm now to the point where I'm just going to make the drive to Taneytown, ECX or even Crims to check out walk-on airball.

That's just the MD area. I'd look over in Leesburg, VA and see if Pev's is open and running. mileage wise, OA and Pevs are the closest to DC.
Old 05-15-2008, 03:08 PM #7
bestsportever1234

the oa field in bowie has been having a walkon group just for the speedball field when they need to break the walkons in 2 groups, one will be on hyper and the other will be in the woods. i was there the past 2 weekends and they did it. i think that they are hearing the complaints and they are trying to please all there customers (cause not everyone like speedball and vice verus) i really recommond this field. dont go to pevs, oa is alot closer. also i think you should try it out yourself and dont listen to some people, they dont seem to know what they are talking about. so check it out , it might be that something your looking for and you can decided for yourself.
bestsportever1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:59 PM #8
ballerMD
FREE AGENT!!! NEED TEAM

oa is deff. your best choice for distance and last i heard feilds at pevs are in their final stages. it might be done now. alot of awsome ballers at pevs. if u go to oa look for team reign. if your lookin for competition talk to them. theyll give u all u can handle.
ballerMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 08:08 PM #9
BlueSliverDM6

Reign doesnt play at OA
Old 05-16-2008, 09:01 AM #10
DwnNdrty
MD MILITIA #69

ok im tired of ppl trying to see we dont know what we're talking about. we've been to oa dozens of times and we know exactly how everything goes there. we basically grew up on oa, i think we know. so dont tell us we're ****in wrong when we play all the time, probably more than u best. oa is mostly for ppl who are new to the sport. judging by the questions that todoroff is asking he probably wants a little more than to play with mostly beginners. and if that is true oa is not where he wants to go!

ReplyRegional Ups