Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2008, 03:32 AM #1
blackrain
 
 
blackrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Belfair,Wa
blackrain is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
blackrain supports Bob Gurnsey
This is what happens when you get stupid with paintball markers

Got this from another site. I think it's very important that all should read. Now a common sense factor really needs to come in with reading this. All of us know that paintball velocity can be cranked up and that balls have been frozen by many players. So don't read between the lines. I'm sure this was done by a few idiots out there. I'm not even sure if the people were caught. By it's crap like this that gives our sport a bad name. Way to many paintball accidents such as this and other related incidents are happening. Don't blame companies for putting guns in Walmart, cause the internet sells them too as well as paintball shops. So just read it and let it sink in. If by chance you were the person who did this, I hope your caught and tried as an adult. Maybe this should be a sticky:
http://www.garrettphoto.com/Paintball.html
Later,
Blackrain
__________________
"When all else fails,pull the pin and see what's next!"

Last edited by blackrain : 02-10-2008 at 09:03 PM.
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:37 AM #2
Chuckles_031
Yay nipples!
 
Chuckles_031's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indiana/Washington
Annual Supporting Member
Chuckles_031 is playing at Living Legends VII
Chuckles_031 is for the Gunfight
Chuckles_031 supports Pev's Paintball
Chuckles_031 plays in the APPA D5 division
Chuckles_031 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
words cannot describe the rage and frustration i feel at this point about peoples stupidity and the fact that any moronic 18 year old can go out, buy a cheap wal-mart/k-mart/target marker and shoot at a crowd of people. this is why the sport has a bad name
__________________
Need Vanguard parts? Contact Reaper at Deadboxsports
Chuckles_031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:22 PM #3
xXSeanisLegendXx
Teh Legend.
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Northwest Indiana.
Quote:
PLEASE understand the dangers of paintball guns! They are not a toy . . . they are a weapon . . . and
they can cause serious damage.
Paintball guns are NOT weapons.

Quote:
some protective glasses have
shattered at close range, causing blinding injury.
proof?

Quote:
Many shooters also freeze the paintballs, allowing
them to exit the gun more smoothly, but also making them more prone to cause damage.
Not completely true. "Freezing" paintballs will just make them more brittle. (given they aren't crappy *** monsterballs.)
also it's not possible to "freeze" paintball.

Quote:
We also met a 26-year-old man at the eye
center who had accidentally shot himself in the eye, thinking that his gun was on safety.
Take the extra second to look again people. come on, even if on safty don't look down the barrel w/o gogs on.

Don't be stupid. Look again. Use some common sense when playing.
__________________
The Legend.
Team Achilles Sons
Badlandz
xXSeanisLegendXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:22 PM #4
blackrain
 
 
blackrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Belfair,Wa
blackrain is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
blackrain supports Bob Gurnsey
The whole point of this was to show proof of the idiots that are out there with paintball guns. Yes a paintball gun is a weapon, just ask the 4 boys in Colorado who did a little Federal Prison time for assult with a deadly weapon.
Trust me I've been playing long enough to see lenses shattered by paintball, just ask Zleader about their recall. They are the guys who make the lenses for the NFL as well as for a few paintball companies.
Yes back in the day paintballs did freeze. They do now but the shells get brittle, but remember Murphys Law "What can Happen Will Happen".
Tell the local kid here to take a sec. Pointed a milsim tippy at the cops. After he took six rounds, he thought about it. Same with my friends kid who shot out his eye 3 yrs ago.

However let's get back to my originol posting. I said "DON'T READ BETWEEN THE LINES" This man did not know alot about paintball at the time his Daughter was shot. Since those yrs he has heard form people like me who have helped him out. He doesn't want to close down paintball nor see a ban on it. It was just a message he was sending out to all on the DANGERS of what can happen when the PAINTBALL GUN is in the wrong hands. See when people post this kind of stuff there is always someone who reads between the lines and tries to find the bad in it. But look on YOU TUBE and there are idiots and many here probably know them that are being filmed taking 3000 shots on full auto or taking a shot straight to the head as a team initiation.
To me that's a real DUMB ***. It's people like that you hope a draft starts up and it thins out the Gene pool a little. Is there really a justifiable reason for doing it?
What gives Paintball a bad name? Some ******* shooting a kid from a car or some ******* taking 3000 rounds to bare skin? Hmmm seems to me like both of them would.
Like I said don't read between the lines, you have to understand that this individual wrote this quite a few yrs ago. What you really have to ask yourself is this:
If you knew your freind did this, could you reach down grab a set and let the police know? Or would you be a follower and say "Oh well it was a sweet shot she's alive".
Understand that I am not trying to flame here at all. I posted this for all to read and see what idiots do. Who knows where the gun was bought from:
Walmart?
Kmart?
pro shop?
On Line?
Doesn't matter it's people like this that ruin it for everyone.
Later,
Blackrain
__________________
"When all else fails,pull the pin and see what's next!"

Last edited by blackrain : 02-21-2008 at 07:26 PM.
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:43 PM #5
Chuckles_031
Yay nipples!
 
Chuckles_031's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indiana/Washington
Annual Supporting Member
Chuckles_031 is playing at Living Legends VII
Chuckles_031 is for the Gunfight
Chuckles_031 supports Pev's Paintball
Chuckles_031 plays in the APPA D5 division
Chuckles_031 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
agreed
__________________
Need Vanguard parts? Contact Reaper at Deadboxsports
Chuckles_031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:27 AM #6
mclutch (Banned)
 
 
mclutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: "best place on earth"
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSeanisLegendXx View Post
Paintball guns are NOT weapons.



proof?



Not completely true. "Freezing" paintballs will just make them more brittle. (given they aren't crappy *** monsterballs.)
also it's not possible to "freeze" paintball.



Take the extra second to look again people. come on, even if on safty don't look down the barrel w/o gogs on.

Don't be stupid. Look again. Use some common sense when playing.
Paintball markers ARE weapons if used in the means of injuring someone, just like a bat is.

Paintballs will become harder if they are in a freezer in an unopened bag because moisture is absorbed into the shell, which then freezes.

Some people just aren't very smart, but I agree with you on that one. If you are stupid enough to look down the barrel of a loaded gun, darwinism will take it's path.
mclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:53 AM #7
xXSeanisLegendXx
Teh Legend.
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Northwest Indiana.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclutch View Post
Paintball markers ARE weapons if used in the means of injuring someone, just like a bat is.

Paintballs will become harder if they are in a freezer in an unopened bag because moisture is absorbed into the shell, which then freezes.

Some people just aren't very smart, but I agree with you on that one. If you are stupid enough to look down the barrel of a loaded gun, darwinism will take it's path.
I can see how markers can be weapons, but by that logic pens and pencils are "weapons". Not trying to flame or anything.

Paintballs will become harder in the freezer, but they will not freeze. End of story.
__________________
The Legend.
Team Achilles Sons
Badlandz
xXSeanisLegendXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:29 PM #8
The~Killing~Game
 
 
The~Killing~Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Saint Augustine
i agree that this is to inform people about the dangers but please have your facts right. And i hate how people look down on paintball because it involves"guns" why not take a stand against baseball because countless people have been killed with baseball bats . Why not take a stand against golf bacause people have been killed with golf clubs. Paintball guns in my opinion are less dangerous than both of these items but yet people go after paintball because it involves guns. I have nothing but sympathy for the girl and her family but i believe that paintball is not the culprit, the culprits are the idiots who assaulted her. And i hope people realize this before paintball markers become outlawed in more us cities .
__________________
Taking Names and Shooting Lanes
I Murder For The INC
www.murderincpaintball.com
The~Killing~Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:16 PM #9
blackrain
 
 
blackrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Belfair,Wa
blackrain is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
blackrain supports Bob Gurnsey
Well those idiots are the ones that will ruin it for everyone, or the shops that sell to minors. He wrote this several yrs ago. However I have been in contact with him. His message it nothing against paintball, it's aginst the dangers of what can happen when the wrong people get ahold of Piantball guns. Like I said, don't read between the lines. Just read the message he is sending out. Which is the dangers of idiots.
Later,
Blackrain
__________________
"When all else fails,pull the pin and see what's next!"
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 02:51 PM #10
Mc.Gregory
716
 
Mc.Gregory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: ŴŅỲ
Mc.Gregory plays in the PSP
Mc.Gregory plays in the APPA D4 division
thats not good...
__________________
"Never tell anybody outside of the famley what you are thinking again" - Don Vito Corleone
Mc.Gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 06:50 PM #11
Crazymidget84
 
 
Crazymidget84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
I think that no one should ever blame p ball u could also hit the person with idk a bat or like they said a golf club, but just because the person used a paintball gun our safe sport gets the blame! from other people blaming p ball
Crazymidget84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:02 AM #12
SupaSnipaX
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
I've never seen an incident where PAINTBALL CERTIFIED goggles cracked upon getting hit by a paintball... It'd be the biggest lawsuit up the ***. Other than that, there are always idiots, and if someone is going to do a driveby with a paintball gun, by all means they would do the same thing with a real gun ( which is just as EASY and cheap to obtain as any paintball gun ).
SupaSnipaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:33 PM #13
Mnofstl007
Here to have fun.
 
Mnofstl007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: norco, Ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsn0man View Post
no. NOT by that logic assclown. paintball guns are used for the sole purpose of inflicting pain on others so they know they are out. its fun, i love paintball. but they are derived from weapons and have no useful purpose other than shooting people, while pens and pencils are necessary.

i hate people like you.
and people who shoot indiscriminately.

Paintballs had a use before "inflicting pain" they were used to mark trees by hunters. Just FYI. lol and all i can think of while reading your post is should we nominate large red rubber balls as weapons because they are used in dodgeball to cause pain so they know they are out? Calling em weapons is a LOT drastic and unnecessary lol. Lazertag guns arent weapons paintball is just lazer tag with paintballs imo.. They are not like actual guns.

Sad story i feel bad for the girl and her family, i wish they found the guy who did this and put him in prison for life. This is disgusting.
__________________
"I'm forever blowin' bubbles, pretty bubbles in the air."

"Destroy all that which is evil, so that which is good may flourish."
Mnofstl007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 01:10 PM #14
~B-Ryan~
Sacrifice Foley!!!!!!!!!
 
~B-Ryan~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsn0man View Post
no. NOT by that logic assclown. paintball guns are used for the sole purpose of inflicting pain on others so they know they are out. its fun, i love paintball. but they are derived from weapons and have no useful purpose other than shooting people, while pens and pencils are necessary.

i hate people like you.
and people who shoot indiscriminately.
dude shut the F*** up they are not made out os sole purpose of inflecting pain cause it dont hurt when i get shot....... apparenty you dont love paintball if you are bashing the same sport you supposly love.........no they are not delivered from weaons read about paintball history they were first made to mark cattle....so know what the F*** you are talking about
~B-Ryan~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 01:41 PM #15
Ryguy916
 
 
Ryguy916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: California
god tht pisses me off...i wna find the mother ****ers tht did tht and wring their necks with my bare hands
Ryguy916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 04:56 PM #16
PaintballDude24
Weekend Paintballer
 
PaintballDude24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
PaintballDude24 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
PaintballDude24 supports Team VICIOUS
PaintballDude24 is for the Gunfight
PaintballDude24 supports Sherwood Forest
Stuff like this gives the sport a bad name I hate seeing stuff like this happen. It kills me to see it happen. I am glad to see she is all right.
PaintballDude24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 10:05 PM #17
Mat420
Slapin' that bass
 
Mat420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mississauga Ontario
this is terrable but the sad thing is most kids want to do this stuff wit htehre paintball guns..
__________________
"Originally posted by dr.strangelove: Unless you're mildly to severely retarded, it's not hard to own an Angel."

DO NOT DEAL WITH MULDIN12! HE IS A SCAMMER/LIAR/THIEF

LUCKY'D A4 $350 obo want DM6 NXT
Mat420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:46 PM #18
a1exweibl
 
 
a1exweibl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Easton, Massachusetts
a1exweibl helped look for balloons
a1exweibl owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
a1exweibl posts videos on PbNation
a1exweibl has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsn0man View Post
no. NOT by that logic assclown. paintball guns are used for the sole purpose of inflicting pain on others so they know they are out. its fun, i love paintball. but they are derived from weapons and have no useful purpose other than shooting people, while pens and pencils are necessary.

i hate people like you.
and people who shoot indiscriminately.

Actually if you knew how paintball was started you would know that it wasn't ment to inflict pain or be shot at people. It was invented to shoot your herd and organize them. Then people started shooting people and that's how the sport developed. So yeah they did have a useful purpose and before you say things like that you need to know.
__________________
FREE AGENT!!! PM me for teams in MA
a1exweibl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 12:58 PM #19
Eliangonzalez
 
 
Eliangonzalez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kolder's mom's basement
I'd do her
Eliangonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 06:11 PM #20
protoplayer18
Giggedy Giggedy Goo
 
protoplayer18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Providence, RI
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsn0man View Post
no. NOT by that logic assclown. paintball guns are used for the sole purpose of inflicting pain on others so they know they are out. its fun, i love paintball. but they are derived from weapons and have no useful purpose other than shooting people, while pens and pencils are necessary.

i hate people like you.
and people who shoot indiscriminately.
The point of paintball MARKERS is to get people out by "marking" them with paint, assclown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliangonzalez View Post
I'd do her
Idiot 12 year olds...
protoplayer18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:36 AM #21
jcm944 (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Well did those dudes get caught yet?

I dont like to call it Paintball "Guns" you alot other people like me sometimes still call em Markers....
jcm944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump