PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 05-07-2008, 12:33 PM #1
agurish
War Machine

agurish has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Thumbs up Sou'Cen PA Ballers - Anyone want to play?

Let me introduce myself... My name is Aaron Gurish, and I'm a semi-pro paintballer (playing regularly since 2006, and recreationally since 1998). I currently play for the Exiled Souls, a scenario paintball team with members from up and down the eastern seaboard (PA, NJ, NY, MD, OH, VA, etc). What I'd like to do here is connect with other players interested in playing paintball in the south-central PA area - and using this forum as a meet-up and general info hub.

Thanks for giving this a read. Don't be afraid to post a question or chime in with your own point of view! I monitor this thread on at least bi-weekly and love a good conversation!

This thread is primarily geared towards woodsball, Big Games, and scenario paintball. If you're only interested in speedball/hyperball/airball - see the thread found here: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3699240.

Team: The Exiled Souls #42
Death Before Dishonor #117
My Feedback

Last edited by agurish : 11-10-2014 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Refreshing for 2014
agurish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2008, 12:58 PM #2
Lehigh
Glowing Goblins Paintball

Hey... I'm a new player from the Steelton area. Trying to get my friends into the game. Got a couple interested, but nobody's committed yet.

Haven't been out yet, just got some gear to fool around with, but I'm looking to meet some other folks in the area who play. FYI, I'm 29 myself, so age shouldn't be an issue.
Lehigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:12 PM #3
pmanx8

hi all, i live near chambersburg so i am not too far away! i have been trying to locate local fields for a bit (i just moved to pa last year). id like to join up and start playing again! as long as i am available.

what types of fields does "wanna play paintball" offer? i am about an hour out from that place.
pmanx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 03:49 PM #4
agurish
War Machine

agurish has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Dear PmanX8,

There are *many* fields near Chambersburg, PA. Try www.pbreview.com, and use their field finder tool to locate some near you. As for hooking up and playing together, you're a bit far afield for me. I'd be happy to shake your hand if I meet you at Wanna-Play, but you live too far away for me to meet up with you otherwise.

-AGURISH

Team: The Exiled Souls #42
Death Before Dishonor #117
My Feedback
agurish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 12:00 AM #5
pmanx8

i dont mind traveling to wanna-play i dont consider it far as i am used to raveling long distances all the time! i just want to go start playin again, the good thing is the season is here and i am ready for action!

does anyone have plans on going any time soon? if so let me know ill go if i am not out of town! as long as i know a week or so prior!

what are the fields like at wanna-play?
Old 05-13-2008, 04:58 PM #6
pmanx8

i dont think i am busy sunday id like to go! if they open at 10 than i will probably be there at that time! ill let you know before the weekend!
Old 05-14-2008, 09:27 AM #7
drandtus
Ride or Die

drandtus is a Supporting Member
drandtus supports Cereal Killerz 2
Hey, Guys. I stumbled on this thread when digging around for other stuff and felt should I should comment.

I've been playing at Wanna-Play for years. I am a tournament player, but I can tell you that they have some of the nicest woodsball fields around. Really, really fun to play. Forts, huts, all kinds of stuff. The reffing is very good and safety conscious. The proshop is right across the street, but that won't be open on Sunday (nor on Tues., all other days open @12:00-8:00 except Sat. 12:00-6:00). There is 1 airball field up right now, plus the hyperball field. We have just finished putting up the netting (we take it down in the winter so it doesn't get ripped). The X-ball field will be set up when the Chicago layout comes out. The airball field is set up for the NPPL angel field in Jacksonville, FL.. If you haven't been on a hyperball field, you may really get a kick out of it. All the woodsball fields are open. Since the scenario game is on Sat.., it may be a few less people on Sun.. I think you will all find that the ride is worth it. If you stop by, make sure to say hi. I usually have lime green JT goggles on and am getting shot up by a bunch of kids.

Dave
drandtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:22 AM #8
pmanx8

wow drandtus, thanks for the info! i am really looking forward to playing this weekend its been a while for me (too long). lol i am gonna feel like a "newb" again hehe.....or is it "noob" these days??
Old 05-15-2008, 08:28 AM #9
Lehigh

I believe the appropriate spelling is n00b... lol

I won't be able to come out this Sunday, but i'm definitely down for future sundays with you guys. Maybe I'll catch you there pmanx8.

Thanks for the info drandtus!
Old 05-18-2008, 07:33 AM #10
pmanx8

bummer i have been tracking the weather and its not looking good for this region, i wont risk driving an hour to get rained out !!

ill make it one of these days there is still the whole summer ahead of us! besides i am waiting for my new gun to come in the mail!! just adding to the bunch i already have lol!!!
Old 05-19-2008, 08:19 PM #11
Lehigh

I'm planning on going... hoping to rope in a buddy or two of my own...

I can't get to the field till aruond 1 or so...
Old 05-20-2008, 04:24 PM #12
Lehigh

yeah... but we don't get out of church till noon... factor in a little time to change clothes and a 25 minute drive... best I can do.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:52 PM #13
Lehigh

I snagged some Visible Impact at the ol' walmart to use, so I should be set for paint... I'll be driving a black jeep wrangler with a black soft top and "Blue Mountain Jeep Alliance" decals over the rear wheels.

Last edited by Lehigh : 05-21-2008 at 03:55 PM.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:38 PM #14
Lehigh

well... this sunday is now out for me.

Got family commitments I either forgot about or they have superceded paintballing... maybe next sunday.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:28 AM #15
pmanx8

ok, i should be there, weather permitting!! it looks like the weekend should be nice!
Old 05-27-2008, 03:31 PM #16
Lehigh

Cool... I don't feel so bad now about not being able to go.

Keep me posted!
Old 05-27-2008, 08:42 PM #17
Lehigh

Nah, I'm not like that... Gotta be flexible, otherwise ya end up all stressed out over stuff that doesn't matter.

You'll find that I'm a pretty laid back guy.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:10 PM #18
autostalker
Apple Jacks

has been a member for 10 years
Hey guys, I'm Jon from York, Pa. I play at SkiRoundtop but have also been to WPP on occasion. I'm 18, in the US Army, and get along with pretty much everyone. I'm planning on getting back into paintball after about a 2 year break. I use to play on the team BigTimerz, but we died off. Just looking for some people to play with sometime if nobody minds. I leave in July for basic and then in January I'm off for Iraq but before then I'm looking to stay out of trouble with some paintball. Just let me know whats going on, thanks.
-Jon
Philly Americans Fan #417

Feedback
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...9#post19643619
autostalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 06:29 PM #19
Lehigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by autostalker View Post
Hey guys, I'm Jon from York, Pa. I play at SkiRoundtop but have also been to WPP on occasion. I'm 18, in the US Army, and get along with pretty much everyone. I'm planning on getting back into paintball after about a 2 year break. I use to play on the team BigTimerz, but we died off. Just looking for some people to play with sometime if nobody minds. I leave in July for basic and then in January I'm off for Iraq but before then I'm looking to stay out of trouble with some paintball. Just let me know whats going on, thanks.
-Jon
Hi Jon,

Just wanted to say hello, and Thank You for what you're doing for our country. You got my respect right there bro.

Brad
Old 05-29-2008, 09:13 AM #20
autostalker
Apple Jacks

has been a member for 10 years
It's my pleasure, hopefully we'll be playing together soon.
Philly Americans Fan #417

Feedback
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...9#post19643619
autostalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 08:17 PM #21
Lehigh

Hoping to go this Saturday if anyone is interested... going to WPP...

Not 100% yet, but looking pretty good if the weather works out.
ReplyRegional Ups