PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 05-03-2008, 08:50 PM #1
joncarll

Boneyard needs us

Hey guys.....believe me I know how expensive paintball can be. But if we don't start supporting the Boneyard field more we could lose it. Then where would we be....remember only a few months ago? With the price of gas , we need to step up and support BOTH our local fields.
joncarll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-03-2008, 09:01 PM #2
soldier life
EVIL MAN

im goin there tomorrow anyone down to go with me
soldier life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:02 PM #3
chunkamunk

it's just to far for me I barely have a job and gas is to much to travel to boneyard when I could just go to premiere which is just under 2 miles from my house
702 MAFIA#2
PBprints.com get custom poster here
When life gives you lemons.... make grape juice and then sit back and let the world wonder how you did it.
chunkamunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:31 PM #4
piccointegra

i hope they wont shutdown i love playing at boneyard..
piccointegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:46 PM #5
Rmachine138
Vegas Insanity

People don't go there as much as LVPP because of the BYOP policy. They need to setup a time where people can bring their own paint, and more players as well as new players will start to show up. Maybe make 1 day a week BYOP day, raise the entry fee a little bit ($20), and possibly give incentives to players for buying paint from the field on those days instead of bringing their own. I understand that paint other than white fill makes the turf look dirty and kinda ugly, but if you gotta hose the field down and clean it up a little more than normal to save your business, consider it as a possibility.

Last edited by Rmachine138 : 05-03-2008 at 09:50 PM.
Rmachine138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:02 PM #6
zkorAVALS
4T3HLULZ

My goggles suck and when I go to Boneyard I can't see anything. Maybe when I get better goggles i'll go more.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:24 PM #7
ego_maniac
Photographer

ego_maniac owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ego_maniac owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ego_maniac supports Team VICIOUS
ego_maniac supports Pev's Paintball
to much cash for me and the field is hella small.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:37 PM #8
Xx_lvballer263
David[vegas insanity]

i go to boneyard every week ! but not this week i had a event come up so i support!
Old 05-03-2008, 11:14 PM #9
xpoptart21x

xpoptart21x owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i love going but i aint got $70 to spend everyweek on going there......plus i cant play at all for abother 2 weeks
xpoptart21x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:20 PM #10
dTownImpulse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmachine138 View Post
People don't go there as much as LVPP because of the BYOP policy. They need to setup a time where people can bring their own paint, and more players as well as new players will start to show up. Maybe make 1 day a week BYOP day, raise the entry fee a little bit ($20), and possibly give incentives to players for buying paint from the field on those days instead of bringing their own. I understand that paint other than white fill makes the turf look dirty and kinda ugly, but if you gotta hose the field down and clean it up a little more than normal to save your business, consider it as a possibility.
agree
dTownImpulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:24 PM #11
ryryo2
Ryan Volner.

paint.
ryryo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 12:16 PM #12
Facejackets

I work like three minutes from Boneyard.

They seem pretty cool there. I've never played there though. I just went there on my lunch break.

I would love to play there, but the paint rule kinda sucks. And like poptar said, I don't have $70 to spend on paintball a week.
Facejackets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 02:37 PM #13
Slosh
Sin City Paintball

has been a member for 10 years
You want peeps to go there then make it so they want to.....Now a days people dont want to spend 70 dollars to play....Make 1 day a week BYOP, you can also buy cheaper paint and lower paint prices....there our alot of ways to get players to your field you just have to want to do some of them....try not making all the profit on the first few peeps but spread it out to all the peeps. Make paint 35 to 40 a case...dont carry 2 types of paint....all you need is 1 type of good paint and cheap....2 types means more inventory to move and could get costly,,,,,,take my suggestions from someone who knows...
Slosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 03:32 PM #14
PeeBeeNayshun (Banned)

its not that bad , buy heat and play with it , it would be 60 bucks to play just like you would pay to play at lvpp
PeeBeeNayshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 05:16 PM #15
ryryo2
Ryan Volner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeBeeNayshun View Post
its not that bad , buy heat and play with it , it would be 60 bucks to play just like you would pay to play at lvpp
actually. lvpp is cheaper strictly because u can BYOP.

20$ entry/air

and u look for paint deals.

if iam payin 55$ 2 play then its gettin a little pricy.

call me cheap. .brokekrew.
ryryo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:42 PM #16
Slosh
Sin City Paintball

has been a member for 10 years
why buy heat when i can buy seconds from SCP and play at LVPP
Slosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:44 PM #17
zkorAVALS
4T3HLULZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slosh View Post
why buy heat when i can buy seconds from SCP and play at LVPP
How much are seconds from SCP?
Old 05-04-2008, 10:42 PM #18
Xx_lvballer263
David[vegas insanity]

well boneyard to me only is 60 bucks but i work for it.Plus i love the people there just bring some canes chiken and you get free paint:]
Old 05-05-2008, 01:00 AM #19
Large Unit

I have a feeling if boneyard can hang on till it starts getting hot out they will get a lot more business.

old|FeedbacK|new
-100% positive.. I'm cool like that-
Large Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:33 AM #20
PahrumpPaintballPark
Nevada's Best Place

You wanted indoor paintball - you got it

From what we understand - Boneyard doesn't have an option of BYOP. ( most indoor fields don't. we didn't for several years - and even now have to work so hard to keep it.

So Nevada seems to have delevoped this feeling that paintball here costs too much. Have you checked in Calif? Paint there STARTS at $40 a case for the crummy stuff. Entry / air is a lot higher. and those companies don't work with the players one iota. You are nothing but a body with cash to them. Paintball is So Nevada is primo compared to that - at Bonehead - LVPP or here in Pahrump.

there is no such thing anymore as "good cheap" paint.
like everything else - paint prices went up. So did delivery fees. And every other costs associated with paintball. LVPP is able to run and operate because they use a lot of volunteers ( no comment on the safety or legality of this) but when you have to pay employees( or managers) and all of the bills cleaning/maintenance - like Bonehead is doing- a company cannot make all of these payments on $5 per case profit and give super low entry fees.

Players want it all cheap and good. People in hell want ice water - it don't mean they get it.

No one can buy paint - have it delivered AND absorb the cost of the financial holding of it ( they pay thousands up front and have to wait to get it back - for those not in business this is equivelant of 9% in today's economy) - for less than $30 a case for GOOD paint. BEFORE profit and sales tax. And even that is just so-so paint. 2nds, heat and some of that level are OK paints - but they are not GOOD paint. when you use less quality paint - you spend more time cleaning your equipment. either way you pay the same. do you pay to play or pay to clean your equipment?

yes - paintball IS expensive - but so is waterskiing, golfing, and most any extreme sport. Not everyone can do it - and those who really want to - find a way.

Our recommendation for those who can't "afford" it .. get a job - this is the summer - there are a million ( literally) senior citizens in Vegas who would pay $7-10 and hour to have kids clean up their yards and do other things like that around the house. put in 4-5 hours a week and you can play all the paintball you want. and you will be in better shape for it!

just our 2 bits.
702-436-6220
PahrumpPaintballPark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:06 PM #21
SpecOps189
Prez

SpecOps189 supports Pev's Paintball
SpecOps189 plays in the APPA D4 division
SpecOps189 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Just an FYI, Boneyard receives help from volunteers usually, at least when I'm there to help clean up and what not.
Former UNLV Paintball President
SpecOps189 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups