PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-22-2008, 07:51 PM #64
ohya23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLX Audrey View Post
This is true. The fact of the matter is Smart Parts machines all of their parts in the USA, right in their facilities. They have one of the most sophisticated, high-tech machining facilities in the world with over 75 fully automated CNC machine tools. Seeing the machines in the machining factory is absolutely amazing. After that, our DLX crew will assemble the parts and handle the rest of the organization.

-Audrey

So dlx just assembles the guns for smart parts then,but in a different factory?
I could see the confusion as to why they are being thought of as the same company now.

"The best mode on a smarts parts gun is off."
ohya23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-22-2008, 08:17 PM #65
zachisevil (Banned)

has been a member for 10 years
Read it till you can understand it.
SP cuts the parts for them. It makes sense because a smaller company would not be able to handle workload, and contracting SP to do it would be cost effective in the short run. At least until they deem it necessary to make their own parts.
zachisevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:22 PM #66
ohya23

oh so sp cuts it for them.So different than making it for them. Also ever hear of sp helping another company? I've just heard of them sueing the compition if they try to devolope a product even close to theirs. Also how much money do you think that they would be spending to buy these parts? Doesn't sound to cost effiecent to me.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:49 PM #67
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D5 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohya23 View Post
oh so sp cuts it for them.So different than making it for them. Also ever hear of sp helping another company? I've just heard of them sueing the compition if they try to devolope a product even close to theirs. Also how much money do you think that they would be spending to buy these parts? Doesn't sound to cost effiecent to me.
hopefully nothing more than 10 bucks. ahh i cant wait till a year later and you get the same anno wear like the sfts were notorious for.

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
yuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:12 PM #68
Nick Brockdorff

Nick Brockdorff posts videos on PbNation
Jeeez - some people on here are incredibly dense

As SP is not selling or servicing DLX products, why on earth should DLX products be in the SP forums?

The SP forums are there for SP reps (and other SP knowledgable people) to answer YOUR questions.... and it makes very little sense to suddenly have a whole other company's support meddle in the same forum.

Has anyone actually asked DYE/Proto if they want different forums? - it might actually be something they don't want, even if offered, since support and distribution are exactly the same for both products lines, and it would be ineffectual with two forums?

Seems to me this thread has just outed every malcontent understimulated "never was" and every conspiracy theory freak on the nation.....

Nick

Nick Brockdorff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:16 PM #69
ohya23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Brockdorff View Post

Has anyone actually asked DYE/Proto if they want different forums? - it Nick
Yes
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2627629

Old 04-22-2008, 09:43 PM #70
zachisevil (Banned)

A lot of companies contract out to make their parts.
Mechanics buy parts for cars, they do not make them.
Dell contracts out many of their computer parts.
Dye contracts out to SMC for their solenoids.
The list of companies that do this are endless. Take a business course, my managerial accounting course took special attention to buying goods as opposed to making them in house.

Of course it is going to be cost effective for them. They can buy in bulk from an experienced machining company. Is it that hard for you to understand?
zachisevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:48 PM #71
Nick Brockdorff

Quote:
My question was if anyone has asked DYE (and gotten a response) - not if someone had made a poll, and gotten a reply from all the same malcontents in here

Nick

Old 04-22-2008, 09:51 PM #72
ohya23

my bad

Old 04-22-2008, 09:55 PM #73
Nick Brockdorff

Quote:
my bad
No worries dude

- my point just is, that while a lot of people are *****ing about DYE and Proto not having separate forums, the case may actually be, that they dont want it

Nick

Old 04-22-2008, 09:56 PM #74
ohya23

zackisevil i am sick of argueing w/ you. They are owned by smart parts making them part of smart parts just like wgp is owned by jt or proto by dye. They are all part of the parent company. Don't believe me read the last paragraph of this.
http://www.free-press-release.com/ne...207705403.html

just in case you don't read it I tell you what it says "Developed as a focused high-end design and manufacturing group owned by paintball industry leader Smart Parts, Inc."

pwnd

Last edited by ohya23 : 04-23-2008 at 05:15 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:08 PM #75
****inabox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhand View Post
Not a close analogy at all, a lot of lexus parts are made in toyota plants, such as transmissions and engines. So unless smartparts makes parts for them.......
its been stated that smartparts is helping them in the manufacturing like letting dlx us their faculties. so it is the best analogy. Also for everyone making the argument that this should be with smart parts because dye and proto are together thats because all pm and dms are pretty are the same layout.
****inabox is offline   Reply With Quote