Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-14-2008, 02:26 AM #1
blackrain

blackrain is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
blackrain supports Bob Gurnsey
How To hydration pack

Last How To for a while. Mom is getting tired and I'm leaving out of State to work.

Started off as a $10.00 Hydration pack. Not much for the money. Trust me the Ebay picture looked better. I also needed a pattern for one. This was just thrown together very quickly. I'll probably just give this away. So here how it Started off. I'll post measurements later. I actually have a one piece design like the pods pouches, but I don't have any butcher paper to make a pattern. That will come at a later date and be much better then this one.

The Pack torn apart:
Not much to it and very cheaply made. Look at the tape that held the snaps in place.

Cutting the pattern:
Real simple just lay on fabric and pin. Then cut.

Both sides cut out:

Punch the snap holes:
Real simple this time. I just left the fabric pined together and punched thru the snap and fabric.

Laying and sewing the webbing:
I had to add better stuff. so this time we swed everything in real good, all the way across. I punched holes thru the webbing later to add the snaps.

MOLLE Straps:
Layed these down and pinned them. They are centered one inch apart from each other.

The MOLLE Weave Straps:
Takes four of them. They are an 1-1/4" from the side and sewn above the first straps.

Then put on the snaps:
At this time I put on all the snaps. Now was the right time.

Front MOLLE straps:
Nothing special about these, just a place to attach more gear if needed. If you don't want them, don't add them.

Add the VELCRO:

BIAS Tape:
This was around the whole inside, but I only put it on to clean up the edges of the outside flaps. It doesn't really matter if you BIAS tape all the edges. As long as you double or triple sew the sides,it will all hold together.

Sew the darts:
As in all the how to so far we have had darts. Just one of those things you need to give it that nice ROUND BOTTOM.

Ready to put together:
Just pin the bottom. This will hold everything even. Make sure the MOLLE straps are facing each other.
Advertisement
Old 04-21-2008, 05:08 PM #2
JASZER13
♥Redrum Unit♥

JASZER13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I wish I had a Mother/wife that knew how to kick *** in sowing. Great job
JASZER13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:11 PM #3
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
you used ranger green on OD green... funny... those look just like the ones I make and sell...
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:51 AM #4
blackrain

blackrain is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
blackrain supports Bob Gurnsey
I use what I have on hand as far as sewing supplies. I had 50 yrds of the webbing laying around, and 4 yrds of the 1000D laying around. I was going to put tan coyote brown webbing, but I'm saving that for a special project.
I just purcashed some crye 50/50 multicam. It's going to be used for my brothers hydration pack. He needs one for work when the Sun is out.
I make a HELL of a thurmas carry handle also lol.
My next hydration pack will be made out of something almost every scenario player has on hand. It will be a cool project. VERY LITTLE SEWING.
Barrel roll I'd like to see a picture of your hydration packs. I'm sure your gear looks very nice.
Later,
Blackrain

Last edited by blackrain : 04-22-2008 at 03:09 PM.
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote