Old 04-17-2008, 05:59 PM #1
railz
Manamana - DooDooDeDooDoo

railz is a Supporting Member
railz donated to help Peyton Trent
railz is playing at Living Legends III
railz supports our troops
Theft Report Search Idea

How about this to help people protect themselves when doing trades?

Under the profile, or maybe under the feedback page for every member, put a link that will search the Theft Report sub-forum for posts containing their PBN name and maybe heir AIM/MSN/Email contact details.

Of course this would be subject to the site's population (non-ASM members won't be able to search when more than 1500 are on) but it will encourage people to actually use the TR forums as a prevention tool.

You check someone's feedback, hit a link, and can check for previous problems straight away.
railz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 06:30 PM #2
Dyerunner
git er done

has been a member for 10 years
eh. thats what search section is for. you type in their name/contacts or a keyword relating to them. Something comes up, then there you go....

Really it's not pbn responsibility on taking care of thefts reports or anything that sorts. Its Your and other's job on profiling people before they make deals. I'm more than willing to ship first in some deals if this person's slate is clean. *just saying*. Remember feedbacks helps, join date helps but dont change the fact that people will do a scam here and there or what not.

Think about it, pbn are not going to take the responsibility on making theft reports, they'd rather spend time on making ban list and take care inappropriate threads from wrong sections.

just my 2 cents

I'm in the market for an ATV.... pm me your offer. *** i'm from maine, so the closer you are.... the better! ***
Dyerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:21 PM #3
~Proto~
Jan 2k6'r

~Proto~ plays in the USPL
~Proto~ helped look for balloons
~Proto~ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
~Proto~ has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Ive made a thread on this also.

No one seems to agree on it.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:42 PM #4
SmArT-SpOrKs
The Power Is Yours!

SmArT-SpOrKs is a Supporting Member
Well if it isn't controlled by the 1500 user limit, everyone can use it and be protected..I think PBN can spare the bandwidth for something such as this.
stupid useless conversations with anybody.
SmArT-SpOrKs is offline   Reply With Quote