Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-03-2008, 10:16 PM #43
nmp8ntballa
iBYAAH!

half these people all probably just band wagoners who hate SP to be "cool". SO THE **** WHAT if SP owns DLX. Nike owns converse, but they are 2 totally different companies. i for 1 like this gun and i think DLX did a pretty good job. im not a sp fanboy, at all, but hey i could care less how they do business, if i like the marker then im gonna use it.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2008, 10:34 AM #44
Ydna
timetraveler

Ydna is a Moderator
Ydna is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Ydna is BST Trusted
Different forums have their own different moderators and styles of doing things, organizational goals, etc. It's not the fault of moderators here that other moderators are getting on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent6 View Post
so are you saying there's an equal number of haters and fans to SP? there's the possibility that SP's income is actually hurting, and that the numbers aren't balanced.
I'm jsut trying to voice the fact that it's not a DIGITAL decision based on some inherant truth. Such as "zomg everybody hatez sp and now tehy won't" It works both ways.
Smart Parts doesn't have a problem with income.

As told by Stobaeus
...someone who had begun to learn geometry with Euclid, when he had learnt the first theorem, asked Euclid "What shall I get by learning these things?" Euclid called his slave and said "Give him threepence since he must make gain out of what he learns".
Ydna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 05:22 PM #45
ExpressKidDave
~ Dekalz ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlapJacks View Post
OK FelllowS its time 4 education 101.

First: the NAME Smart Parts has been irrepably HArmed by US the internet Forums.

Second: The point of the "lux" is to disassociate the name of SP from this new gun. SP KNOWS that we will never by anything SP so they made a new brand. This is to get into our pockets once again.

SP knows they have damaged their image. So they did this.

20 dollars says that the brothers Gardner are running the "DLX" Show.

And if its Proto to DM or vice a versa. It still does not need its own forum.

But Here is the deal. IN AMERICA MONEY RULES ALL. So SP is going to get whatever the hell they want.

I am Crazy, I know. but that changes nothing.

goodbye
i love my shocker, they shoot well, aside from regular mainence (all guns need this) it has never let me down. im not a SP team player, my team is sponsored by KEE, but 90% of our team uses he shocker. people that cant count past 20 without taking their shoes off shouldnt have allankeys.
PBNFEEDBACK NEW
GUNS IN SIG
ExpressKidDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 07:21 AM #46
DFSniper
10 years and counting!

DFSniper donated to help Peyton Trent
DFSniper helped look for balloons
I skipped the last page and a half, so i don't know if i'm repeating something, but from what i've heard, DLX is owned by SP, but DLX runs itself. they have their own customer support and run everything themselves. so i'm guessing the only thing SP gets out of it is $$.
DFSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 12:48 PM #47
darkzeith
Im a 2K6R

Isnt Cadillac GMC?...
Old 04-07-2008, 11:15 PM #48
shockersoul
DISBIN THE PAINTBALL SIN

another crazy fact is that ford owns cummings dissel corp. and you will only come to find out that they own jaguar , volvo and international. so if you hate ford and love dodge diesel trucks with the cummings diesel under the hood- its a ford motor. i think its funny when i here people down ford cuz they take pride in dodge and are bias towards the real company thats under there hood!! if anyone calls me out on this than do your research and you will be the supprised one-point being if dlx and sp are affiliated in any way- who cares!! if the product performs than it performs regardless. and yes, they are affiliated but not completly. take tippman and b.t tippman e.g - almost same product but some people swear by one or the other n vice verca
shockersoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 11:43 PM #49
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D4 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ydna View Post
Different forums have their own different moderators and styles of doing things, organizational goals, etc. It's not the fault of moderators here that other moderators are getting on you.

I'm jsut trying to voice the fact that it's not a DIGITAL decision based on some inherant truth. Such as "zomg everybody hatez sp and now tehy won't" It works both ways.
Smart Parts doesn't have a problem with income.
eh if dlx was a different company we wouldnt have the same sp mods.

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
yuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:50 AM #50
Ydna
timetraveler

Ydna is a Moderator
Ydna is a Supporting Member
Ydna is BST Trusted
You mean...JUST me? Fallnangel isn't an SP mod, nor is Kolder, wolverine, etc a mod here.

Whenever a new forum is made there's a general moderator request put out, for anybody to sign up. I signed up for this one because I'm already familiar with it and I'll be providing support for it in the future. There are a few other new forums apearing in the future for which I'll also be a mod, for the exact same reason. It doesn't mean there's a connection between thisandthat. There's no conspiracy here!

As told by Stobaeus
...someone who had begun to learn geometry with Euclid, when he had learnt the first theorem, asked Euclid "What shall I get by learning these things?" Euclid called his slave and said "Give him threepence since he must make gain out of what he learns".
Ydna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:12 PM #51
zachisevil (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DbDBlackJack View Post
QFTMFT!

Like Chipotle is to McDonald's
McDonalds doesnt own chipotle anymore.
zachisevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:42 PM #52
surealpaintballer

surealpaintballer supports Cereal Killerz 2
surealpaintballer posts videos on PbNation
dlx is its own thing, SP was only helping DLX out, they are seperate companies, but are have a close personal realationship together. Thats PERSONAL, not bussiness.

Kindof like how teams help each other out.
EMPIRE Paintball gear
Ultra EVIL PAINTBALLS

GARDEN STATE PUMP
surealpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 04:58 PM #53
Luigi Speed 05
PBN made me a gun whore..

Luigi Speed 05 plays in the PSP
Luigi Speed 05 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Luigi Speed 05 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Luigi Speed 05 plays in the APPA D4 division
Luigi Speed 05 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLX Technology View Post
To clarify this a little. DLX is a completely seperate company run by me. We have our own shipping, our own techs, and our bank accounts, etc.
that's prolly good for you, SP has gathered quite a number of haters around here... dissociate yourself as much as you can, if I can give you some advice...

$outh Beach Pimp$ sponsored by: Planet Eclipse, SobePaintball, Deadly Wind, Ninja Paintball & The Ford Report

DaLuxeMob
Luigi Speed 05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 05:04 PM #54
jdubau55
I got nothin' for here

jdubau55 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockersoul View Post
another crazy fact is that ford owns cummings dissel corp. and you will only come to find out that they own jaguar , volvo and international.
They don't own Jaguar any more. Nor do they own or have owned Cummins. Ford only owns Volvo cars not Volvo trucks. They will also sell Volvo soon. So they won't own that for long. Oh, and they don't own International either. International just makes the Power Stroke for them.

Last edited by jdubau55 : 04-15-2008 at 05:08 PM.
jdubau55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 06:15 PM #55
Nero9171
gh^m@fn7

Nero9171 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Nero9171 supports Sherwood Forest
Who cares if it has its own forum???

Seriously, why do people care so much???
Old 04-16-2008, 09:05 AM #56
Luigi Speed 05
PBN made me a gun whore..

Luigi Speed 05 plays in the PSP
Luigi Speed 05 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Luigi Speed 05 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Luigi Speed 05 plays in the APPA D4 division
Luigi Speed 05 supports DLX Technology
nope, it seriously doesn't need its own forum... if Proto (with their huge installed base) doesn't have one till now, then this does not need it either... but I guess it's too late now huh?

$outh Beach Pimp$ sponsored by: Planet Eclipse, SobePaintball, Deadly Wind, Ninja Paintball & The Ford Report

DaLuxeMob
Luigi Speed 05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:29 AM #57
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D4 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi Speed 05 View Post
nope, it seriously doesn't need its own forum... if Proto (with their huge installed base) doesn't have one till now, then this does not need it either... but I guess it's too late now huh?
unfortunately the people in the dye/ proto forum arnt passionate enough about the matter to give a gripe. and the mods dont want to make the people aware so they burry discussions in the advice/ suggestions thread that gets like 50 hits a week.

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
yuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:02 PM #58
team pyro

SP just machines the parts and DLX does the rest.
team pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:16 AM #59
DLX Audrey
DLX Rep

DLX Audrey works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by team pyro View Post
SP just machines the parts and DLX does the rest.
This is true. The fact of the matter is Smart Parts machines all of their parts in the USA, right in their facilities. They have one of the most sophisticated, high-tech machining facilities in the world with over 75 fully automated CNC machine tools. Seeing the machines in the machining factory is absolutely amazing. After that, our DLX crew will assemble the parts and handle the rest of the organization.

-Audrey

DLX Audrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:10 AM #60
thor19880821 (Banned)
i swag when i surf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLX Audrey View Post
This is true. The fact of the matter is Smart Parts machines all of their parts in the USA, right in their facilities. They have one of the most sophisticated, high-tech machining facilities in the world with over 75 fully automated CNC machine tools. Seeing the machines in the machining factory is absolutely amazing. After that, our DLX crew will assemble the parts and handle the rest of the organization.

-Audrey
yeah very true those machines are really goddamn sophisticated and expensive.

so just to clarify, DLX is NOT in ANY WAY affiliated with SP, except for SP machines all of DLX's parts? so then it's not at all like Dye/Proto?
thor19880821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:37 AM #61
Nero9171
gh^m@fn7

Nero9171 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Nero9171 supports Sherwood Forest
DLX is a different company than SP, the only relation they have is SP makes their parts. This is because a company working from the ground up initially doesnt have the money to invest in a high tech manufacturing facility like Smart Parts has. Who knows, they may branch out in a few years, and they may not. I for one look forward to owning a Luxe, SP affiliated or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuik View Post
and the mods dont want to make the people aware so they burry discussions in the advice/ suggestions thread that gets like 50 hits a week.
Don't complain about the mods, they are just doing their job. This site would be a trainwreck without them. Be grateful of them keeping this place together like they do. You may think that they are biased, but they are just doing what needs to be done
Old 04-22-2008, 04:17 PM #62
recballchamp243 (Banned)
Ballin' since summa 1989'

Quote:
Originally Posted by russianlegion3 View Post
Isn't this a smart parts marker, under another companies name?

I just want some clarification, because some guy told me that.

And if it is, just another SP marker, why have its own forum?

thanks.
its becasue, SP wants to make a highend gun like the sl8r, and dm8 and all that stuff WITHOUT the SP rep. so they made DLX
recballchamp243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 04:47 PM #63
zachisevil (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by recballchamp243 View Post
its becasue, SP wants to make a highend gun like the sl8r, and dm8 and all that stuff WITHOUT the SP rep. so they made DLX
no
zachisevil is offline   Reply With Quote