Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 02:37 PM #22
mellifont

slg is the best option because its a beginner speedball gun and thats what youre doing its better than the ion
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-13-2008, 07:58 PM #23
ndftw11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotf View Post
that is why they are awesome...... you could be like rambo and be like pew pew pew....
lol pew pew pew.. i would say get a promaster or a older timmy angel etc. promasters are very good guns i had one but u might be able to find a used 05 or etek ego for a pretty good price.correct my if im wrong

Closers come with all the goodies, but I personally think they look like poop. Weird alien poop.

Don't lose all hope for having a hamster face - Watch for our 2nd generation mask................
Old 04-14-2008, 12:48 PM #24
Luigi Speed 05
PBN made me a gun whore..

Luigi Speed 05 plays in the PSP
Luigi Speed 05 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Luigi Speed 05 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Luigi Speed 05 plays in the APPA D4 division
Luigi Speed 05 supports DLX Technology
check out the Dangerous Power guns, they're awesome for newbs and advanced players as well, awesome price points too, the F8 or the G3 depending on your budget... keep in mind you'll prolly need an HPA tank and a decent hopper... and personally I'd go with brand new markers instead of used ones, especially if you don't know very well what you're buying...

$outh Beach Pimp$ sponsored by: Planet Eclipse, SobePaintball, Deadly Wind, Ninja Paintball & The Ford Report

DaLuxeMob
Old 04-14-2008, 03:57 PM #25
caraboose (Banned)
I has shawrks

Ions are good for beginners.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:06 PM #26
paintballin71

Surprised this hasn't been locked by the pbnation po po.. Anyways, PM7 from Firstcall is what I'd get if they have any in the $400 range left. Super gat for a awesome price. barring that I'd get a PMR. Someone mentioned Promaster. That is a project gun for a experienced gun tech.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:10 PM #27
AkyrXX
Isaiah 64:8

Quote:
Originally Posted by caraboose View Post
Ions are good for beginners.
Epic Fail.
If you want a new marker New for >300, Proto SLG or Rail, Promasters (find one quick, ICD stopped making markers last year) or a Epiphany. You can get a older high end marker used (Dye DM4 & DM5, WGP Black Magic, Nerve, and a SFT Shocker) for about the same price as a new mid-range today. Its a matter of personal preference. My advice. Get a def. price range, go to a proshop, and try out different markers to find the one you like, instead of buying one online and get it, and you dont like it, so your out 300 bucks.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:28 PM #28
paintballin71

Ions are fine but you have to look at what you're getting. If you can get a upped one with a better trigger, feedneck, barrel, ASA and reg under $175 it's something to consider.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:34 PM #29
XEverX
Get Some

XEverX owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
XEverX supports Team VICIOUS
Dont get an ion...all youll have form that is problems!
since your kinda of a begginer goin from pump to speedball...
i would suggest guns like the slg if ur gona gona go a bit more expensive try the pmr or mini (i suggest the mini).
Old 04-14-2008, 07:06 PM #30
Dyelightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by XEverX View Post
Dont get an ion...all youll have form that is problems!
since your kinda of a begginer goin from pump to speedball...
i would suggest guns like the slg if ur gona gona go a bit more expensive try the pmr or mini (i suggest the mini).
well, if i'm correct ion aren't bad starter speedball gun and i've never had problem with mine.
On that note, they do need upgrades, but are fairly reliable guns.
a PMR is a good gun also, i own one and have never had a single problem with it. Many people suggest getting a mini, i've had no experience with one but what i hear is that they are good guns.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:08 PM #31
lsongj721

Well coming from a person that owns an Ion- Dont get one. They're full of problems you just dont want to deal with.

Here is my list going in prices of what you should get. BTW im only going to 350 max cause useually a newbie wont pay much more than that.

150-VS2 (wouldnt go any lower then 150 for a decent speedball gun)
200-Promaster, SLG, Timmy?
250-SPECIAL EDITION PMR (i said Special Edition because they feature pretty much metal everything that used to be plastic), E-bladed cocker if you can find one, and are LUCKY- noone can hate a cocker. TIMMY
300-Timmy, lightly used mini- a little more will get you new
350-probably find a used DM6 or something, look around, theres PLENTY in this area. Older PMs, DMs, Timmys, Egos, E-blades, ect.

Timmys inhabit almost every price level about 150. Just look around. The good thing about timmys are that there are abundant parts just floating around, youll almost always find someone who knows how to fix a timmy, they look awesome, proven performance, there are almost no haters!