Old 04-13-2008, 10:39 PM #1
tsu-money
♫ In the Navy

tsu-money supports Cereal Killerz 2
tsu-money donated to help Peyton Trent
tsu-money supports Bob Gurnsey
tsu-money supports our troops
GatSplat Paintball Field Review

As of late I have been lucky enough to patronize other paintball facilities that are not anywhere my hometown. So I try to make these reviews as unbiased as possible as to provide out-of-towners a different perspective. So here it goes:

Planning
Before even considering where to go I did some research on all of the field in the Dallas/Forth Worth area. After considering such factors as distance, pricing, and hours, I decided that GatSplat would be worth a visit.

The directions to the field were easy to follow from the field's website. Just head north on I-35, take exit Business 121, turn right, and it will be on your right hand side in about a half a mile.

Facilities And Pricing
We drove up on Saturday the 12th of April at around 3:00 o'clock. Upon arriving at the facilities, I noticed how well kept everything was. It was nice to see that the field owner took pride in his business. Registration was a snap since the website already had the form on it. The entry fees and the cost of paint was also very reasonable. The shop was full of high-end paintball products with a knowledgeable staff to meet your needs. Other amenities include vending machines full of snacks and drinks to help a paintballer stay energized throughout the day.

The Field
The field was quite possibly the greatest thing that I've ever seen. Please remember that this is coming from a guy who lived in West Texas his whole life. I have never played in an indoor field before but I love the turf. The ability to slide around and not worry about rocks, brush, dirt, or anything else like that was quite a change from my normal field.

Refs
There were more than enough refs there to keep the games running smoothly and to clear up any problems that may have arrived on the field. They were a hard working group of guys who knew what they were doing. This was also a big plus in my book.

Players
Since it was a very nice day there weren't a ton of people playing but there were enough for me. There were two groups that day: beginners and the intermediate/advanced group. I played with the intermediate/advanced group. They were a great bunch who just wanted to play and have fun. Everyone was flexible and we were able to play several games before the store closed at 8:00.

Negatives
I guess my only complaint would be that there seemed to be a bit of miscommunication during some of the games about the bunkering rule. Depending on who would be playing, it seemed that the refs would state that we could bunker people or that we couldn't bunker people. Yet it seemed that there was more than one occasion where it wasn't clarified what rule was in effect. I'm sure that they changed this rule to accommodate those people who did not want to be bunkered, but it did yield a few moments of confusion while on the playing field.

This may seem like a minor one but I would like to point it out. The lack of a water fountain made obtaining a drink from the faucet a hassle but could easily be overcome with a cupped hand.

Overall Impression
Overall this was a very positive experience. All of my expectations were met and I would love to return anytime to improve my own skills. 9/10
tsu-money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
ReplyRegional Ups