Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 04-11-2008, 10:05 PM #22
BigTime55

No both in Sauk Prairie. Twenty mins north of madison.

Blood makes the grass grow
BigTime55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-11-2008, 10:12 PM #23
solidius89
THE NONNIE

Dang, I thought we could meet this weekend.
Its one of the only free weekends I have free for a while, with SPPL and other stuff comin up.

Get back to where it all started!
The Ultimate Woodsball League

Central Paintball League Commisioner
solidius89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 05:36 PM #24
timgrant_69
#1 Stunna

timgrant_69 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
My Winona State team and St. Mary's team here in Winona practice at Back 80 still. We bought a practice field with money from school funding. If you guys get something going contact one of either schools members and we can set up practices with you maybe.
timgrant_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 09:49 PM #25
solidius89
THE NONNIE

I freaking love you winona state.
Knowing that we a practice facility and people to practice with should most definitely help our case when we get to submitting it to the school.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:44 PM #26
BigTime55

Any update?

Old 04-16-2008, 01:19 AM #27
Threesecondmemory

Sorry I have been busy with a project the past three days, I will get the info to you later in the week. Real sorry for the delay JT.
Extreme Audio Entertainment www.eaentertainment.com

FEP Custom Quest
Threesecondmemory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 06:22 PM #28
solidius89
THE NONNIE

your breakin my balls, Tim, breakin my balls.

Old 04-20-2008, 11:12 PM #29
BigTime55

So I was bored and went to Infinity's website today because they were flashing some sponsorship stuff and sent them a little email explanning our situation bout starting up a team and asked what they were looking for in regards to the whole sponsorship thing. Just thought I would let everyone know.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:49 AM #30
HiMom
BennyBoom

Annual Supporting Member
HiMom is BST Legit
HiMom works for a Paintball manufacturer
HiMom plays in the PSP
HiMom plays in the APPA D2 division
HiMom has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
HiMom is All In
my brother goes to UWL
HiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:11 PM #31
solidius89
THE NONNIE

Benny get your bro involved if he's here and plays!! We can use all the ballas we can meet.

When it comes to sponsorships, I'm not to worried about a full sponsorship. IF we get one than YAY!! I think Legends are the ****! If we could someone to just do the paint thingy and the entry fee's it's good.
The Winona St and St. Mary's teams have extended an invitation to us when we get set up to come and practice with them.
There are a lot (I mean a lot) of under the radar retired pros and high in the paintball world guys living the La Crosse area. We could probably get to one of them and get them to coach.

Now here comes to all of those that are on campus now. If you know ANY faculty that could possibly serve as the advisor to the group, try to pitch the idea to them. Get them thinking, use the whole we are the only 4 year UW school without a team. It's the truth, and if Stout can do it, so can we!
Go ahead and throw them my email, if they want to pitch any questions back at me about anything. Lindholm.john@ you know the rest

Old 04-22-2008, 01:17 PM #32
HiMom
BennyBoom

Annual Supporting Member
HiMom is BST Legit
HiMom works for a Paintball manufacturer
HiMom plays in the PSP
HiMom plays in the APPA D2 division
HiMom has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
HiMom is All In
he doesnt play but I would like to help with what can
HiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 04:20 PM #33
som3 dud3
Hop stars

I know one of the professors there, I'll talk to him about being an adviser.
som3 dud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 04:24 PM #34
solidius89
THE NONNIE

Whats he teach?

Old 04-22-2008, 04:25 PM #35
som3 dud3
Hop stars

He's an English teacher of some sort. I'm not sure what courses he specifically teaches, but Dr. Richardson if that rings any bells.
som3 dud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 04:46 PM #36
BigTime55

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidius89 View Post
Benny get your bro involved if he's here and plays!! We can use all the ballas we can meet.

When it comes to sponsorships, I'm not to worried about a full sponsorship. IF we get one than YAY!! I think Legends are the ****! If we could someone to just do the paint thingy and the entry fee's it's good.
The Winona St and St. Mary's teams have extended an invitation to us when we get set up to come and practice with them.
There are a lot (I mean a lot) of under the radar retired pros and high in the paintball world guys living the La Crosse area. We could probably get to one of them and get them to coach.

Now here comes to all of those that are on campus now. If you know ANY faculty that could possibly serve as the advisor to the group, try to pitch the idea to them. Get them thinking, use the whole we are the only 4 year UW school without a team. It's the truth, and if Stout can do it, so can we!
Go ahead and throw them my email, if they want to pitch any questions back at me about anything. Lindholm.john@ you know the rest

Ya well it was flashing in the right hand corner about the sponsorship so I thought I would give it a try and see what happens.

But that would be pretty sweet to get a coach that knows the game from our level to the pros......now to find the data base that they all register too.....

Hey Alec,

Iam glad to hear your looking into Infinity for a sponsorship I am going to need more information about your team like where you guys are from, how many guys are on the team, and what tournaments you guys plan on playing.

Thanks,
Tom Castagnetto

Old 04-22-2008, 04:50 PM #37
solidius89
THE NONNIE

The only Dr. Richardson I can think of is the adviser of Kappa Delta Pi (The International Honor Society in Education). Unless there is two.

Old 04-22-2008, 04:56 PM #38
solidius89
THE NONNIE

Bigtime, I kinda figured that's what he was gonna say.

Winona dudes, someone PM me. I got a couple of questions about money thingys.

Old 04-22-2008, 05:01 PM #39
BigTime55

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidius89 View Post
Bigtime, I kinda figured that's what he was gonna say.
Winona dudes, someone PM me. I got a couple of questions about money thingys.
Problem...... is I don't know what to say.

Umm well we don't have a team, dont know who is going to be on the team, what events were playing in or even if were forming a team.

I would MUCH rather have a paint sponsorship of some kind then a gun one though.

Old 04-22-2008, 05:40 PM #40
Threesecondmemory

I can tell you from my experience involved in the paintball community, that sponsorships are very difficult and rare. Most companies will allow a sort of discount on items and a very large expense meaning, you buy 10 to 15 of our guns then you can say you are sponsored by us. It really is not worth it especially for a starting paintball club. The best thing right now is to find local sponsorships that are willing to help with costs and all you have to do is represent them... Remember to check with your school on what kinda sponsorships are allowed and what needs to be done. It would suck to lose your club status before you even start.

As far as paint sponsorship, go to a local field and talk to the owner. If that does not work then talk to other teams you practice with and see if you can do a sort of bulk purchase on paint... Paint sponsorships are another difficult thing to acquire.

Dont let this deter anyone from trying for a sponsorship, I just want to tell you from my experience what happens. I have been doing this for several years and this last year has only gotten worse. Best of luck to you...
Extreme Audio Entertainment www.eaentertainment.com

FEP Custom Quest
Threesecondmemory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:35 PM #41
solidius89
THE NONNIE

Tim, are you ever going to email me?

Old 04-22-2008, 09:17 PM #42
BigTime55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threesecondmemory View Post
I can tell you from my experience involved in the paintball community, that sponsorships are very difficult and rare. Most companies will allow a sort of discount on items and a very large expense meaning, you buy 10 to 15 of our guns then you can say you are sponsored by us. It really is not worth it especially for a starting paintball club. The best thing right now is to find local sponsorships that are willing to help with costs and all you have to do is represent them... Remember to check with your school on what kinda sponsorships are allowed and what needs to be done. It would suck to lose your club status before you even start.

As far as paint sponsorship, go to a local field and talk to the owner. If that does not work then talk to other teams you practice with and see if you can do a sort of bulk purchase on paint... Paint sponsorships are another difficult thing to acquire.

Dont let this deter anyone from trying for a sponsorship, I just want to tell you from my experience what happens. I have been doing this for several years and this last year has only gotten worse. Best of luck to you...
Well I understand bout the whole gun thing. I wasn't expecting a real good sponsorship at all. Im not that naive. But were not going to let anything deter us. I really want to get this off the ground as I am sure as everyone else does.

ReplyRegional Ups