PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-07-2008, 09:21 PM #1
Dirdy
The Dirdy Dagger

Eos Ranking with Smart Parts

This isn't a Vs thread but im just trying to get a feel on how good this marker really is. I'm doing my research on the Eos, its a new gun and im trying to read up on it.

I own a Nerve and love it, but its had its good and bad days and i could use another marker to take place or as backup to the Nerve around the same price and performance as the Nerve. Plus Nerves are getting touchy on pieces to find now since they don't sell.

I was reading the Eos is a bridge between the Ion and Shocker where the performance is inbetween. Which reminds me alot of the Nerve a step down from a Shocker.

So tell me, where would you rank the Eos with the Nerve, Shocker, Impulse, and Ion?

Thanks.

Dirdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2008, 10:51 AM #2
sh4d0vv

sh4d0vv owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
It is the same as the ephiphany so a big step up from the ion and less than a shocker. Probally the same slot as the nerve, but better because it is newer and it doesent have its touchy days.
E-Flexes White
sh4d0vv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 02:55 PM #3
Dirdy
The Dirdy Dagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh4d0vv View Post
It is the same as the ephiphany so a big step up from the ion and less than a shocker. Probally the same slot as the nerve, but better because it is newer and it doesent have its touchy days.
Hmm, okay that sounds like what im looking for thanks.

I knew it was a upgrade from the ion but i thought the ephiphany was similar to a ion though except some key diffrences and upgrades.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:30 PM #4
sh4d0vv

The ephiphany/eos is essentially a fully upgraded ion that operates at a higher pressure. The eos has a bolt out back and volume cntrol inserts for better control. It is a great gun, just no shocker, but with some upgrades like a board and a freak kit, it can keep up with a stock shocker just fine.
E-Flexes White
Old 04-09-2008, 02:12 PM #5
Dooku
AKA ... Count Scoobith

has been a member for 10 years
sh4d0vv ... The Eos comes with a freak... well freak jr... which I consider a freak.

Alright MR. Dirdy....
I've pretty much owned everything SP has made or have shot it all enough to know it pretty well... I have a close friend that has a nice shocker which I've used a few times. He actually has a Nasty Nerve and a Shocker... and he has a hard time figureing out which one to shoot.
I had a hard time figuring out which was better... a Nerve or shocker... to me they were pretty close.. it realy came done to personal prefference IMHO.

I will say that my Eos is better than my Nasty Nerve I owned for a few reasons.
1. Cleaning the Nerve was actually pretty tough to do if you want to get at the Hammer assebly and piston. *take out the eye first otherside you'll be needing a new one and they're HARD to find now days*
2. If you don't have an upgraded board, you might have problems with Black or Clear shelled paint. With that said the vision worked GREAT no chops for me and I ran a modded revy in the SPPL. I had problems with Marbs... it wouldn't read the black swirl... so I had to turn of vision shot, then turn it back on. Then after about 20 balls it would do it again. That was stock board vision though...
3. The have found the Eos to be more effeincent than the nerve.
4. I found the Eos to be quiter than my nerve. I would say my Eos shot VERY close to a shock if not the SAME.
5. Parts are hard to find for the nerve with it being discountinued. Pretty much have to go to SP.
6. The Eos is a little smaller, lighter than the Nerve. Which the nerve and shocker where pretty close in that weight... don't let anyone say otherwise.
7. Nerve has more O-rings to worry about, but less than a shocker.
8. You can clean / break down the Eos so much faster than a nerve. A shocker is also faster than a nerve, heck even an imp is easier to clean than a nerve.
9. Bigger trigger frame than a shocker or nerve.. which the shocker and nerve share the same frame.

I could keep going but... I loved my nerve to much to keep bashing on her...

Nerve:
1. The nerve does have a higher ROF with the stock board ... only because the Eos / Ion / Eph are capped by the board. *I got lucky and had the "Team Board" in my nasty never so I had extra mods and could do 35 bps, so is my freinds*
2. The nerve was unquine becuase not many people had them. *which now is a down fall*
3. The neve was VERY underated... it was really a nice marker to me tough.

Side note....
The EOS.. blows away the Ion.... and I've had 2 very NICE Ions.....
I would also say... my nerve Beat the Ion's as well.... the only down fall the Ion had was the BB vision for me.

My order:

1 of my Imps I don't have pic's of the other one:
#6 My other imp..... no pic... so I'll put up a Rancor

My Ion's I had:

#2 Nasty Nerve # NXN0001

#1 Eos:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...8#post29959238

Last edited by Dooku : 04-09-2008 at 03:19 PM.
Dooku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:07 PM #6
Dirdy
The Dirdy Dagger

Well i loved my nerve too, but yeah i'll tell you what the Nerve is not the easiest marker to maintain if you use it alot. It's really touchy and all. But when it works its unbelievable.

But so many times i have had problems with the Nerve its just not reliable.

I tried avoiding starting a vs thread but i just wanted a feel on how good the Eos really is since its such a new marker. Compared to what else Smart Parts has put out there.

I'm gonna take a trip to the Local PB store to see if the Eos "feels" right for me to be the determing factor if im in for it or not.

A friend told me Eos feel heavy, but if its lighter than a Nerve...it cant be that but plus the Freaks are heavy themselves anyways.

Thanks!

Old 04-09-2008, 09:19 PM #7
TheAznInvazn
550 for Fighters

TheAznInvazn has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I must admit, the EOS isn't exactally feather light, but I've held many things heavier.

The EOS is quite amazing, with all it's features, it really steps things up.

BUT!
I've heard that people don't like the trigger since it's snappy, and blah blah blah. It's a good idea to feel it first.

I hope you find the EOS as amazing as the rest of us do!
Old 04-09-2008, 09:43 PM #8
Dooku
AKA ... Count Scoobith

has been a member for 10 years
I LOVE the trigger on the EOS... I found the adjustments very easy to set it up like I want.
The EOS isn't the lightest marker out... but I still say it's a little lighter than a nerve. The overall feel to me is great.... deffently get your hands on my to see if you like the feel.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...8#post29959238
Dooku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 08:45 AM #9
nate4444

I've had my Eos for about 3 months now and I love it. We placed second in a speedball tournament last weekend and it worked very well. I never broke a ball and I was using some brittle paint that a lot of other people's guns where chopping into soup. Its so easy to take apart and relube. It takes me less than 3 or 4 minutes to take apart, clean, then relube. Its awesome. There really isn't a whole lot that needs upgraded. I'm sure you could find stuff if you want like I see some people change the ball detents and the eyes, but thats not a have to have. Some people just like to tinkle with stuff. This gun is more then worth the price that they sell it as
nate4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 12:47 PM #10
sh4d0vv

agree with nate4444
E-Flexes White