PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-09-2008, 04:02 PM #43
dyepballer07 (Banned)
Suggestion Box OT OG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantthinkofausername View Post
this is the one thing i hate about going to play rec ball is the people on the sideline talking to the guys on the field telling them to bump up or yelling what bunker im at.So my question is do i shoot the sideline talkers or what
um, its only recball. not like its a tourny or anything.
dyepballer07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2008, 04:15 PM #44
UglyDuckGizmo
Surfer of pavement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cambo4585 View Post
I have mixed feelings about the whole "dead men don't talk"/sideline reffing thing.

Paintballers advocate that paintball is a sport. In all sports, you have your teammates yelling out to you when an opposing player is coming up to you, behind you, etc. Yet paintball is supposed to mimic "gun battles" where dead men really don't talk. But speedball and woodsball are two different styles of play. i believe the dead men dont talk rule could/should be enforced in woodsball, where it's meant to mimic gun battles between two teams and also it caters to the whole milsim-aspect.

Speedball on the other hand, is the "sport" side of paintball. You have teams who practice, tournaments, matches, etc just like any other sport. This is the side of paintball that is mainly advocating that paintball IS a sport. In sports, you have teammates helping you whether they are on or off the field. Your team can yell "man on", "pass the ball", "shoot", etc in soccer, basketball, football, etc. Why should speedball be any different? You have to take the bad with the good. You want to be legitmatized as a real sport, you have to deal with bad sides of being a "sport" with a team.

Just because paintball is a sport doesn't mean it needs to conform to football/baseball/whatever. That line of thinking makes me sick. It's paintball people. It is what it is.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

"Originally posted by drunkkoala: does that make sense to you? u ****ing idiot."
UglyDuckGizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 04:43 PM #45
Mr.Dirt

Mr.Dirt is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I could care less. If you have someone coaching you in rec ball, you probably suck.

WTB MQ Valve Urethane dot's
Mr.Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 06:11 PM #46
cambo4585

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyDuckGizmo View Post
Just because paintball is a sport doesn't mean it needs to conform to football/baseball/whatever. That line of thinking makes me sick. It's paintball people. It is what it is.
Everyone keeps talking how they want paintball to be a "mainstream" sport. What makes a sport mainstream? TV time? Sponsors?

If you want anything to be "mainstream" then you have to conform to some sort of universal rules/guidelines/whatever. Pick one or the other, but not both.
cambo4585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 06:17 PM #47
Always_Dazed
Under Achiever

I don't think you should tell player positions, etc. to someone during rec-play. But if the other team doesn't mind, I think it is acceptable to tell a teammate what they are doing right/wrong. "Tuck your elbow in, keep your gun up, talk" and stuff like that. But definitely shouldn't give away player positions or anything like that. Just personal tips to help them get better as a player. Just ask the other team if they care first.
"Originally posted by fatalblow: Another player on my team is very popular, (We both play football for the highschool) and he constantly interrupts practice to make out with his girlfriend or on one occasion mine."

UNDER ACHIEVERS are sponsored by:
Rampage Paintball
Thread in Aggieville
Always_Dazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 06:25 PM #48
dyepballer07 (Banned)
Suggestion Box OT OG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cambo4585 View Post
Everyone keeps talking how they want paintball to be a "mainstream" sport. What makes a sport mainstream? TV time? Sponsors?

If you want anything to be "mainstream" then you have to conform to some sort of universal rules/guidelines/whatever. Pick one or the other, but not both.
X-ball ftw.
dyepballer07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:00 PM #49
paintballin71

I wouldn't worry about it. Have some of your friends yell at them and give them bad advice. I doubt they can really hear much.
paintballin71 is offline   Reply With Quote