Advertisement
Old 04-06-2008, 10:00 PM #464
CoronaBeerMan
destroy...

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kspaintballer101 View Post
Dang dude. That's a bad deal.
Meh, we lacked consistency today, lost our first won the rest but the last two. Can't blame anyone but ourselves, thanks to the reffs and to Dan, George and KEE for having a great event, we look forward to the next one!
CoronaBeerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:03 PM #465
Kspaintballer101
On the field since '98

Kspaintballer101 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Definitely an amazing day for paintball as well. Saturday could only have been better if it wasn't so windy in the morning.

But yeah. We won our first one. It came down to a 2 on 1 and I was the 1. Won that against vK. Then we lost, and then went on a four or five win streak to win 1 in the finals and lose 3.

Definitely could've played a lot better, but I can't really ask for more, seeing as that was my first time playing in a good 4 months.

By the way Matt, that e-tek shoots great with the stock board. After I sell the B2 I won, I'm probably gonna star frame it.
KS Ballers Club Member #10
1/24 Vego9 and 1 of 1 factory Orange Ego7 $625 or trade!?
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4070878
Kspaintballer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:05 PM #466
big EB

big EB plays in the PSP
big EB supports Team VICIOUS
big EB plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by UneaK View Post
1st - storm
2nd - graffiti (i think)
3rd - cave somthing....

?
its "cave stars"
big EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:07 PM #467
CoronaBeerMan
destroy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kspaintballer101 View Post
Definitely an amazing day for paintball as well. Saturday could only have been better if it wasn't so windy in the morning.

But yeah. We won our first one. It came down to a 2 on 1 and I was the 1. Won that against vK. Then we lost, and then went on a four or five win streak to win 1 in the finals and lose 3.

Definitely could've played a lot better, but I can't really ask for more, seeing as that was my first time playing in a good 4 months.

By the way Matt, that e-tek shoots great with the stock board. After I sell the B2 I won, I'm probably gonna star frame it.
ya i never liked the virtue that much lol, made the gun shoot weird i dunno
CoronaBeerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:08 PM #468
UneaK
Veni Vidi Vici

UneaK plays in the PSP
UneaK owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
UneaK supports Team VICIOUS
UneaK plays in the APPA D4 division
they did take 3rd right?
UneaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:27 PM #469
big EB

big EB plays in the PSP
big EB supports Team VICIOUS
big EB plays in the APPA D3 division
yes
1st - Storm
2nd - Graffiti
3rd - Cave Stars
big EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:41 PM #470
newpbkid
striving for greenness

newpbkid plays in the PSP
newpbkid supports Team VICIOUS
newpbkid plays in the APPA D4 division
newpbkid has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I was personally not impressed with the reffing, last year at Tornado Alley reffing was great for L3 but I was disappointed this year. At one point it was a 3v3 and one of my guys bunkered a player and that guy proceded to play on and shoot my player in the back. Although my player did get shot by one of their live players BUT they should have pulled a 1 for 1 on the guy shooting my player in the back. PLUS THEY DIDNT EVEN PULL THE GUY WHO HE BUNKERED THEY LET HIM PLAY ON!!! But instead they pulled a 1 for 1 on us for talking after being declared dead. they pull me, who just happens to being running tape killing EVERYONE!!! then they shoot my last guy cuz he had no idea what the **** happened!!!! yeah reffing SUCKED!!! The paint was good and I agreeing laying the X down was the STUPIDEST THING you could do IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GOD DAMN TOURNAMENT I MEAN SERIOUS WTF!?!? that completely threw us and many teams off then we get 10 mins to walk the ****ing feild before we start playing agian!!??! They could have just tied the X to another post and saved us the trouble! And plus just alot of little stuff like inforcing rules on some but not others. Really makes no sense to me. You say one thing at the captains meeting then by the end of the day its not inforced. We once told a ref "hey that just behind the dead box" and he said to us "it really doesn't matter were really not inforcing that" then at our game the ref runs over and screams at me for being 4 inches behind the box.. WOW... We will be back to play HPP just because we support Jared and the guys but that will be our last MPS event.. unless we get persuaded!

Last edited by newpbkid : 04-06-2008 at 10:50 PM.
newpbkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 11:08 PM #471
Pflaumen
*913*

Annual Supporting Member
Pflaumen donated to help Peyton Trent
Pflaumen owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Pflaumen has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by newpbkid View Post
You say one thing at the captains meeting then by the end of the day its not inforced. We once told a ref "hey that just behind the dead box" and he said to us "it really doesn't matter were really not inforcing that" then at our game the ref runs over and screams at me for being 4 inches behind the box.. WOW...
Yeah that whole "Don't break the Dead Box plane" thing wasn't mentioned in the captains' meeting, and then they call me for it. I had only heard about the barrel needing to touch the front of the dead box...nothing about your body. So yeah, kinda angry at that part. But the rest of the time was ok, a few calls could have been better, worst call for HPP I have ever seen, but overall pretty good. These guys aren't pro refs, just teams helping out; so they deserve a little slack.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:14 PM #472
KSSuperStar
I woke 'em up!

Annual Supporting Member
KSSuperStar owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
I was personally not impressed with the reffing, last year at Tornado Alley reffing was great for L3 but I was disappointed this year. At one point it was a 3v3 and one of my guys bunkered a player and that guy proceded to play on and shoot my player in the back. Although my player did get shot by one of their live players BUT they should have pulled a 1 for 1 on the guy shooting my player in the back. PLUS THEY DIDNT EVEN PULL THE GUY WHO HE BUNKERED THEY LET HIM PLAY ON!!! But instead they pulled a 1 for 1 on us for talking after being declared dead. they pull me, who just happens to being running tape killing EVERYONE!!! then they shoot my last guy cuz he had no idea what the **** happened!!!! yeah reffing SUCKED!!! The paint was good and I agreeing laying the X down was the STUPIDEST THING you could do IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GOD DAMN TOURNAMENT I MEAN SERIOUS WTF!?!? that completely threw us and many teams off then we get 10 mins to walk the ****ing feild before we start playing agian!!??! They could have just tied the X to another post and saved us the trouble! And plus just alot of little stuff like inforcing rules on some but not others. Really makes no sense to me. You say one thing at the captains meeting then by the end of the day its not inforced. We once told a ref "hey that just behind the dead box" and he said to us "it really doesn't matter were really not inforcing that" then at our game the ref runs over and screams at me for being 4 inches behind the box.. WOW... We will be back to play HPP just because we support Jared and the guys but that will be our last MPS event.. unless we get persuaded!
um..wow..nothings going to be perfect.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:15 PM #473
dirtymidwest
***HOT-SPICE***

dirtymidwest owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
their problem was that they would make a call with out even checking the person then afterwards they would tell us that it was a bad call and they wont do it again. or when u asked where you got hit they would tell you the wrong place or they just called you out cause they thought you got hit. and the other thing was when they checked you they would jerk u around all over the place to where you couldn't even continue to play. i thought the reffing sucked but thats just my opion and to all the tap people and refs dont come on here and say everyone complains after EVERY paintball event cause thats total BS we reffed world cup and didnt have a single complaint and we reffed for 5 days straight.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:16 PM #474
dirtymidwest
***HOT-SPICE***

dirtymidwest owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
yea it wont be perfect but have some logic to the calls that you make or atleast be able to explain to the player what the call was about or where you got hit
Old 04-06-2008, 11:18 PM #475
Pflaumen
*913*

Annual Supporting Member
Pflaumen donated to help Peyton Trent
Pflaumen has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
That is true, I saw a few of the refs being very rough with players while making paint checks. The head ref even warned another to be more gentle or he would pull the ref out. These guys are players; you'd think they would ref the way they would want to be reffed.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:22 PM #476
newpbkid
striving for greenness

newpbkid plays in the PSP
newpbkid supports Team VICIOUS
newpbkid plays in the APPA D4 division
newpbkid has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I mean I understand it won't be perfect but i mean we missed finnals by 15 points that game should have been a 100 point max but ended up a 10 point game because a ref made a bad call. And the other thing that bothers me is the ref that pulled me was on the oppisite side of the X where he could not even see what was happening on the dorrito side, which is where the conflict was happening, then when I went to the ref standing RIGHT BESIDE the ref that pulled me and asked what happened he said he did not know what happened and to ask the other guy...
Old 04-06-2008, 11:28 PM #477
KSSuperStar
I woke 'em up!

Annual Supporting Member
KSSuperStar owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
I mean I understand it won't be perfect but i mean we missed finnals by 15 points that game should have been a 100 point max but ended up a 10 point game because a ref made a bad call. And the other thing that bothers me is the ref that pulled me was on the oppisite side of the X where he could not even see what was happening on the dorrito side, which is where the conflict was happening, then when I went to the ref standing RIGHT BESIDE the ref that pulled me and asked what happened he said he did not know what happened and to ask the other guy...
wow ok well I guess I understand a little more now.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:21 AM #478
sdAFTERMATHsd
#PLUMLIFE

sdAFTERMATHsd plays in the PSP
The refs were TERRIBLE. Not just saying that cause they screwed my team over but if anyone else caught on the team that didnt have problems with the refs were teams that knew the refs or play there on a regular basis. like Mayhem, grafitti and others.
sdAFTERMATHsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 12:40 AM #479
BigPimpin55
Repping Western Ks

BigPimpin55 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdAFTERMATHsd View Post
The refs were TERRIBLE. Not just saying that cause they screwed my team over but if anyone else caught on the team that didnt have problems with the refs were teams that knew the refs or play there on a regular basis. like Mayhem, grafitti and others.
not exactly true on the Mayhem part but I thought the reffing of ok, didn;t like the fact that refs would run from one side of the field to the other to make a call when a ref is standing right next to the guy that the ref from the opposite side is checking so...

CO of Kansas SKO
Thanks to our sponsors: | Valken | SM Tactical | FOXHOLE Paintball store and field | M.N. P.I.R.O.D. | Quantico Tactical

My Guns For Sale: UL'd PMR for sale or Trade for Real Steel Magfed Phenom FS
Christ KREW
BigPimpin55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:19 AM #480
fro_lock

Quote:
not completely true

but mostly yeah.

id like to apologize for my rude comments after the mayhem and EA game.

i was a bit out of line.

except to that kid who kept going like he was agg or something.

because he wasnt

"Originally posted by dontgotsaclu: frolock 08' for president of all things awesome"
fro_lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:29 AM #481
BigPimpin55
Repping Western Ks

BigPimpin55 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Ryan, clean out your inbox lol, yeah everybody that was a mayhem fan kinda went a little nuts there

CO of Kansas SKO
Thanks to our sponsors: | Valken | SM Tactical | FOXHOLE Paintball store and field | M.N. P.I.R.O.D. | Quantico Tactical

My Guns For Sale: UL'd PMR for sale or Trade for Real Steel Magfed Phenom FS
Christ KREW
BigPimpin55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:33 AM #482
fro_lock

done

"Originally posted by dontgotsaclu: frolock 08' for president of all things awesome"
fro_lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:56 AM #483
UneaK
Veni Vidi Vici

UneaK plays in the PSP
UneaK owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
UneaK supports Team VICIOUS
UneaK plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
yeah we got a really bad call, but it was only one that screwed us out of first

Quote:
Originally Posted by fro_lock View Post
not completely true

but mostly yeah.

id like to apologize for my rude comments after the mayhem and EA game.

i was a bit out of line.

except to that kid who kept going like he was agg or something.

because he wasnt
lol ryan that was really funny
UneaK is offline   Reply With Quote