PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-28-2008, 09:13 PM #1
parkerpaintball
R.I.P ZJ PAINTBALL <3home

fill air tanks

what parts do i need to fill a 48/3000 psi and 68/4500 psi tank i dont have any stores around me but have my dad which is an hvac guy and could fill them if he knows the parts to get. please post i need my tank filled.
parkerpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-31-2008, 07:41 PM #2
espresso fiend
that's not paint, its ink

your only hope is to find a scuba shop or fire station that has some tanks for sale or out of hydro. We use SCBA tanks from a fire station that hold 4500 psi. You then need to get a nipple from the SCBA setup and put in a three way so you can have a fill nipple and a bleed off. The local fire station fills them for us each week, and I just bribe them with a free pound of coffee.

good luck. And filling HPA tanks really has nothing to do with HVAC, so I doubt he could help out much other then threading together the fill adapter.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:57 PM #3
parkerpaintball
R.I.P ZJ PAINTBALL <3home

[quote=espresso fiend;46073820]your only hope is to find a scuba shop or fire station that has some tanks for sale or out of hydro. We use SCBA tanks from a fire station that hold 4500 psi. You then need to get a nipple from the SCBA setup and put in a three way so you can have a fill nipple and a bleed off. The local fire station fills them for us each week, and I just bribe them with a free pound of coffee.

good luck. And filling HPA tanks really has nothing to do with HVAC, so I doubt he could help out much other then threading together the fill adapter.

he thinks he might have the parts
parkerpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:03 PM #4
Kenny_McCormic (Banned)

A HVAC guy probably wont have the parts, trust me. You need a 3-5kpsi air source with an on/off valve on it, something to connect to the air source, a QD for the tanks fill nipple, and a bleed off valve. A scuba tank works great for this and you can buy a paintball fill station that fits a scuba tank for $40.

AIR SOURCE W/ ON/OFF>TEE>HOSE WITH QD>TANK TO BE FILLED
....................................^
..........................BLEED OFF VALVE

Last edited by Kenny_McCormic : 03-31-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Kenny_McCormic is offline   Reply With Quote