Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-23-2008, 12:57 PM #1
Ringwood1237

ACI Griffin

I just got an ACI Griffin from my cousins that played a little years ago. The tanks that came with it say they were made in 2000 so I'm assuming this guns about 8 years old. I took it apart and cleaned it, its relatively clean...Not much use but it wasn't cleaned either.

I hooked it up to my air tank and its leaking pretty bad on the inside.

The front bolt O-ring is missing. The hose screws into an adapter (some sort of wierd regulator) and then that screws into the gun. What appears to be a valve and I think says "AO" on it is all rusty and I'm thinking thats the problem. Does anyone have a clue as to what this might be, how to remove it and where I would get another one?

I know this is an older gun but any help is appreciated.
"You know... You know what I've noticed? Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it's all "part of the plan." But when I say that one little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds! Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."

Permanent brother with: paintballfreak45_2
Ringwood1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:33 PM #2
dengle

Would the weird regulator thing you are talking about happen to be the verticle bottle adapter or a expansion chamber ? And when you said that the front bolt o ring was missing. Where you talking about the o ring on the front of the bolt or one on the reservoir plug in the front of the gun ? If I were you I would replace the missing o rings first. Then put it on the bottle again and listen to see if the air/gas is leaking from the barrel or around the vertical bottle adapter/expansion chamber. If you have inspected all of the o rings and replaced the bad and missing ones. I would be willing to say that the leakage is due to a bad cup seal. If you need further assistance I would be willing to try and help. I hope I was able to help assist you with this issue.
dengle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 10:59 PM #3
TheSilverBullet
Timmy Clan Teddy Bear

TheSilverBullet donated to help Peyton Trent
prolly the 6 stage expansion chamber. did you try taking out the valve and replacing the orings or re-lubing them? tear it down and clean it well then throw it back together the weirdest things can be solved by simple tear down and cleaning
TheSilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote