PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-28-2008, 05:06 PM #1
FuzzyFish

has been a member for 10 years
Music/law question

Basically my neighbor is president of the home owners, and I'm a drummer. I play only during the day and try to be considerate of my neighbors, I've tried to insulate my garage but it doesn't seem to make a big enough differance. Anyways their proposing new rules and sound control rules are in it. Also this president doesn't enforce the rules of our neighborhood if it's one of his friends breaking the rules. Your not allowed to run businesses or have trailers in your driveway according to the homeowners but his friends are allowed to keep their traillers in their driveways. So I'm thinking after it's against the rules for me to play I'm going to setup on the sidewalk so the noise doesn't come from my house and they can't fine me. Sidewalks public property right?
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —George W Bush Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004
FuzzyFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-28-2008, 05:29 PM #2
rkwhoooooo
Male Model

Not if you're in a gated community - if you are - then the President's reach extends to the edge of all property.

ΣX
rkwhoooooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 05:38 PM #3
apunkjunkie

HOAs are civil contracts only and cannot be enforced by police. To enforce any action, your subdivision would have to basically sue you. If they don't have enough money for a lawyer, then there's nothing they can do.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:54 PM #4
graysonp
Me = Awesome

I think if you're getting complaints, you should talk to neighbors and the HOA. Don't set up on the sidewalk and cause a public disturbance. That's just going to create resentment and problems from your neighbors.

EDIT: How old are you? Do you own your own house or do you live with parents?
graysonp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 09:51 PM #5
FuzzyFish

I'm 20, and I'm working on my education so I can get a decent job so im living at home. I don't live in a gated community but we have a HOA....so the sidewalk isn't enforceable?
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —George W Bush Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004
FuzzyFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:10 PM #6
apunkjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyFish View Post
I'm 20, and I'm working on my education so I can get a decent job so im living at home. I don't live in a gated community but we have a HOA....so the sidewalk isn't enforceable?
It is, its part of the neighborhood. Like I said, its all civil though.