Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-27-2008, 01:16 AM #1
PDXMark
flopy head and beedy eyes

How the two different ideas act upon eachother.

I had wrote this long *** article based on some of the situation you'll see in the video.
The article in which I had wrote did not reflect on the South Korean issue as you see,
but more of how this kind of situation is starting to pick up all around the world.
I see people simply asking for their freedoms, only to be beat, tortured or killed.
As this kind of violence has not started here(U.S.) yet, I know the definition of 'entropy' all to well.

In this video you'll see South Korean Labor demonstrators sitting in protest,
while people who quit possibly are their childrens age kill them, or bring them close to that point.
[South Korean Labor demonstrations]

The only way to find answers to the end of our inhuman idealistic squabbles is to search inside of ourselves for answers of truth.
This can only be done with a mind free of bias, judgement and ego!- MaP
Old 03-27-2008, 01:47 AM #2
Furious Ge0rge (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXMark View Post
This can only be done with a mind free of bias, judgement and ego!- MaP
Ego, judgment, and bias will exist until the day humans die out. EVERY single person exhibits these characteristics, and someone who claims otherwise is lying, or doesn't understand the true definition of these three traits, or doesn't understand human nature.
Furious Ge0rge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:30 AM #3
Sir Raph
R3PR1S3NT

has been a member for 10 years
Citizens asking for more freedom and then being denied violently is nothing new at all.
Citing only a couple American examples: The American Revolution, the Civil Rights demonstrations in the middle of the 20th century.

I believe it's incorrect to say that situations like those between Tibet and China or the situation in South Korea represent an upturn in civil liberties violations. Nor do I think it's correct to claim that it's signalling the beginning of a larger movement, or globally spreading trend.

If you're concerned that the U.S. is heading in such a direction, I would both agree and disagree. Americans are fortunate enough to have the Constitution, which helps us defend ourselves from our government when we choose to publically disagree with them.
We live in a time when the Constitution is being challenged, the powers of the Executive branch are expanding, and for the first time in the history of our country a President has gone to war without congressional consent.

However, Americans are proud of the freedoms we have, and many people resist these changes despite the suggested increased threat to their own lives. I think we can view those actions as evidence that our culture is vehemently resistant to the loss of our freedoms.

I personally find that comforting.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:16 PM #4
Bobeo
-Life Is Good-

That is false. The War has Congressional and public consent at the beginning, and you could argue that it still does. The single thing Congress must do to get us out of Iraq is stop funding it. But that would be a bold move, and most politicians would rather sit, do nothing, and not piss anyone off rather than actually do something.

EDIT: To the part about no congressional approval of the War.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:57 PM #5
PDXMark

But 'Logan's Run' was such a great movie!
Old 03-27-2008, 04:04 PM #6
Sir Raph
R3PR1S3NT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobeo View Post
That is false. The War has Congressional and public consent at the beginning, and you could argue that it still does.
But was it voted on and passed through formally?

In the interest of staying on topic: erasing the comment about the hasty invasion, I believe my point still stands.
The citizens of this country are very sensitive to react to any sign that their liberties are being infringed upon.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:26 PM #7
PDXMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Raph View Post
The citizens of this country are very sensitive to react to any sign that their liberties are being infringed upon.
Would stripping people of their gun rights help solve this problem?
Old 03-28-2008, 08:47 AM #8
Sir Raph
R3PR1S3NT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXMark View Post
Would stripping people of their gun rights help solve this problem?
What?
Old 03-28-2008, 05:15 PM #9
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Raph View Post
Citizens asking for more freedom and then being denied violently is nothing new at all.
Citing only a couple American examples: The American Revolution, the Civil Rights demonstrations in the middle of the 20th century.
The war on drugs.

"Originally posted by so_FLY: i've heard one beer adds .1 to your BAC, so he had 79 beers?"
Animalm0ther3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 05:34 PM #10
rkwhoooooo
Male Model

Iraq isn't a state commissioned War. Not sure where you got that inane idea from.

The Congress didn't pass a declaration of war...they authorized military engagement. Big difference.

ΣX
rkwhoooooo is offline   Reply With Quote