PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-25-2008, 10:02 PM #22
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious Ge0rge View Post
A plug without any backing of facts. You said to vote for McCain. On what merit? Just vote for him to vote for him? It's funny you're trying to defend your flawed logic with even more flawed logic. Nice backtrack though. Keep going.

It's kind of convenient for you to stick in a plug to vote for a guy you support, with no reasoning, and a short snippet stating he supports cutting corporate taxes. Stop trying to pin this on me. If you're going to support to OP, back him up with some logic or an article, not with a shameless plug for a guy you basically give a reach-around to in every thread, and if someone disagrees or questions you and your support, they're a joke or illogical.

Not about your post, just your rampant support and distaste for anyone who doesn't support McCain, as pointed out in other threads.
You still never addressed the fact that this thread is not about McCain, its about excessive corporate tax rates. If you want to argue about McCain, PM me and I'll be happy to enlighten you. As I said, McCain is the only candidate that has pledged to cut corporate tax rates by 10%, so my plug is entirely relevant to this thread. Your posts aren't.

And your 'reach-around' comment is especially ironic given the fact that I don't even have a picture of the candidate I support in my avatar, as you do. Maybe you should look up 'hypocrite' too.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-25-2008, 10:45 PM #23
koolkid
Evolutiondesperatelyneded

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthiness View Post
When I read about how much control, say, the pharmaceutical industry has WITHIN the FDA in regards to regulating which foods are harmful and which are not, it just makes me ****ing hate corporations.

For example I just read in the magazine "Nutrition Action", almost all plastic products, and cans used for canned foods, have some amount of BPA in them, a chemical a bit similiar to estrogen, can cause prostate and breast cancer.

However, 100% of the studies done by industried producing products with BPA found that there was no danger.

I don't even know why those bastards are allowed to do studies on their own products. There are no checks and balances.
There were never meant to be "checks and balances." That only applies to the government. There is regulation and different viewpoints on the amount of it there should be.

BPA has been around since the 1930's, it's not a huge deal. Chemical phobia has cost tens of millions of lives already, like for example restrictions on the use of the pesticide ddt because of its negative effects on birds and other animals resulted in an estimated 20 million childhood deaths due to malaria.
Dynasty Board
freeflow version 3 bolt w/spool
freeflow trigger
Check it feedneck
Hybrid Bad Guy Wraps

Last edited by koolkid : 03-25-2008 at 10:49 PM.
koolkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:10 PM #24
Truthiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkid View Post
There were never meant to be "checks and balances." That only applies to the government. There is regulation and different viewpoints on the amount of it there should be.

BPA has been around since the 1930's, it's not a huge deal. Chemical phobia has cost tens of millions of lives already, like for example restrictions on the use of the pesticide ddt because of its negative effects on birds and other animals resulted in an estimated 20 million childhood deaths due to malaria.
When I read studies saying that it just might be a big deal, then I am concerned. And I don't care if there were never meant to be checks and balances, there had goddamned better be now.

And I don't think people are concerned over ddt because of its negative effects on birds persay, they're concerned because they know if it harms other animals, it very likely harms us as well.

That's the damn problem with people who don't understand environmentalism. They think that it's all about the animals. It's about the animals as far as being able to tell how it might affect us.
Truthiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:03 PM #25
koolkid
Evolutiondesperatelyneded

Quote:
When I read studies saying that it just might be a big deal, then I am concerned. And I don't care if there were never meant to be checks and balances, there had goddamned better be now.

And I don't think people are concerned over ddt because of its negative effects on birds persay, they're concerned because they know if it harms other animals, it very likely harms us as well.

That's the damn problem with people who don't understand environmentalism. They think that it's all about the animals. It's about the animals as far as being able to tell how it might affect us.
Thats ****ing ridiculous, the effort to stop ddt was based on the fact that it was killing birds, with fear mongers like Rachael Carson suggesting that it caused cancer, using the ban on ddt as their causus belli. They "guess" and as a result tens of millions of poor people who you will never hear about are dead because of it.

If some of these enviromentalists had their way the one billion people who Norman Borlough saved through the green revolution would be dead.
Dynasty Board
freeflow version 3 bolt w/spool
freeflow trigger
Check it feedneck
Hybrid Bad Guy Wraps
koolkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:54 PM #26
NorCalBaller88
iFap

We need someone with balls to head the FDA. Only answer to the problem. Balls.

"Plenty of room at the Hotel California..."
NorCalBaller88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:27 AM #27
Furious Ge0rge (Banned)

Let's examine what you said;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster

I merely stated that he will greatly reduce corporate taxes in a thread about excessive corporate taxes with an added plug for his candidacy.
So you acknowledge that you 'added' the plug, which is semi off-topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
You still never addressed the fact that this thread is not about McCain, its about excessive corporate tax rates. If you want to argue about McCain, PM me and I'll be happy to enlighten you. As I said, McCain is the only candidate that has pledged to cut corporate tax rates by 10%, so my plug is entirely relevant to this thread. Your posts aren't.
So what is it? Even though your plug is off-topic, and doesn't contribute to the OP's discussion on corporate taxes, is it still 'relevant' to the thread?

Is it relevant for me to go into a thread about Fiscal Conservatism and say that Ron Paul wants to get rid of the IRS, then say "VOTE FOR HIM" with no reason given?

Oh right, keep back-tracking some more, this is really fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster
And your 'reach-around' comment is especially ironic given the fact that I don't even have a picture of the candidate I support in my avatar, as you do. Maybe you should look up 'hypocrite' too.
It's no secret that I am a huge advocate for Ron Paul. But I don't force my opinion on others, or tell them to vote for him based on no merit. I tell people his views, and hope they'll see them and say, 'Hey, that ****ing makes sense. I like this guy'. I don't go into threads and list a minor part of his platform, then, in the next sentence, say vote for him, without giving a good reason why you should.

Seems to me like you're having a hard time following what's going on in this off-topic 'debate'. Perhaps you should go back and read what you typed before you make yourself look like a bigger ***.
Furious Ge0rge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:06 AM #28
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Quote:
Let's examine what you said;

So you acknowledge that you 'added' the plug, which is semi off-topic.

So what is it? Even though your plug is off-topic, and doesn't contribute to the OP's discussion on corporate taxes, is it still 'relevant' to the thread?

Is it relevant for me to go into a thread about Fiscal Conservatism and say that Ron Paul wants to get rid of the IRS, then say "VOTE FOR HIM" with no reason given?

Oh right, keep back-tracking some more, this is really fun!

It's no secret that I am a huge advocate for Ron Paul. But I don't force my opinion on others, or tell them to vote for him based on no merit. I tell people his views, and hope they'll see them and say, 'Hey, that ****ing makes sense. I like this guy'. I don't go into threads and list a minor part of his platform, then, in the next sentence, say vote for him, without giving a good reason why you should.

Seems to me like you're having a hard time following what's going on in this off-topic 'debate'. Perhaps you should go back and read what you typed before you make yourself look like a bigger ***.
What the **** are you talking about? The thread is about corporate taxes and you have yet to even mention that in your posts. I don't want to clog someone else's thread with an argument about McCain so PM me if you want to talk about it.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:37 AM #29
I love Impulses
Brogrammer IV

I love Impulses is a Supporting Member
Sure, they may have higher tax rates at the state level, but many local governments waive sales taxes, property taxes, or any series of taxes to attract large businesses.

The problem is 90% of our economy is small businesses (I keep on hearing that over and over in reports) So, they're not seeing the benefits while the Costcos, Walmarts and Safeways are.

I wouldn't be surprised if Schwarzenegger offered better tax rates to companies like Lockheed Martin and General Dynamics who left California for Arizona once taxes and utilities got too high.

Oh well, I'm all for lower taxes, but I'm also for lower benefits.

Despite the Japanese eating of raw meat they are still very healthy people. Responsibility is their biggest issue, we say ours is, but that's really a lie.

Oh well.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I love Impulses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:11 AM #30
Craigers

Quote:
While I am not much of a fan of McCain and would love to see Paul in, I have to agree with Kellster on this one. McCain has pledged to cut corp taxes, Clinton and Obama haven't. So technically that is relevant. So what if he said vote for McCain. This is the politics forum.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:38 AM #31
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigers View Post
While I am not much of a fan of McCain and would love to see Paul in, I have to agree with Kellster on this one. McCain has pledged to cut corp taxes, Clinton and Obama haven't. So technically that is relevant. So what if he said vote for McCain. This is the politics forum.

Thank you.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:08 PM #32
scumquat1
My friends call me Scum.

Quote:
When I read about how much control, say, the pharmaceutical industry has WITHIN the FDA in regards to regulating which foods are harmful and which are not, it just makes me ****ing hate corporations.
Did you ever take a minute to consider the tens of millions of lives saved and/or improved through use of the products manufactured by the big bad pharmaceutical companies?

Quote:
For example I just read in the magazine "Nutrition Action", almost all plastic products, and cans used for canned foods, have some amount of BPA in them, a chemical a bit similiar to estrogen, can cause prostate and breast cancer.

However, 100% of the studies done by industried producing products with BPA found that there was no danger.

I don't even know why those bastards are allowed to do studies on their own products. There are no checks and balances.
What do you mean "there are no checks and balances"? We have massive government agencies devoted to regulating virtually every industry. Perhaps what you're seeing is that government regulation is frequently useless and almost always very expensive. The market does a much better job of regulating companies than does the government.

"Racism is a doctrine of, by and for brutes. It is a barnyard or stock-farm version of collectivism, appropriate to a mentality that differentiates between various breeds of animals, but not between animals and men." - Ayn Rand.
scumquat1 is offline   Reply With Quote