PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 03-26-2008, 06:34 PM #1
Evil_T0NY

Orlando Paintball

I will be joining newbs playing at this location, could someone tell me please what kind of field to expect (esp since it's at night, any lighting?) Is it a pretty good field?
Evil_T0NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:29 PM #2
SlvrDragon50
Noob Smasher

SlvrDragon50 helped look for balloons
Im going on April 1, so I can tell you more accurately then..

But I know they have indoor fields.. Not sure about lighting at the outdoor
SlvrDragon50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:45 PM #3
shortyxtreme
Fatality

Theres 6 fields. 4 outdoor fields, consisting of 2 airball and 2 hyperball fields (corrugated pipes). 2 Indoor fields, Field A in the big warehouse consisting of 2 forts and various wood panels to hide behind including tires. Field B in the smaller side of the warehouse with one big fort that overlooks the entire field (used for a game called swat vs con). One team must defend the other team from entering and taking over. The lighting is good but don't wear tented lenses because then it's too dark. I suggest clear or amber (yellow) lenses. Overall a good recball experience but not highly recommended for tourney players. However one of the airball fields it set up very nicely. Prices are rather steep.

www.orlandopaintball.com

hope this helps
Old 03-26-2008, 10:33 PM #4
Tippmann KiD213
Lines in my face

Annual Supporting Member
If you feel like blowing $100 bucks to play. Go ahead, if you want websites for other fields that arent TOOOO exspensive, pm me.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:38 PM #5
doomtroopergimpy

I must agree with tippman kidd. There arnt many fields in North Orlando though. Let alone ones that have Lighting on fields at night. In my opinion OP is Expensive and have heard horror stories about the place. I personally had my own problems with the place but that was due to my ignorance.. Be careful and have fun.

"Member of PADD-paintballers against drunk drivers #8"

Pm6's and gear for Sale..
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2656267
doomtroopergimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:03 AM #6
SoySauceNrice
Pass the rice...

Last time I went, which was last summer, I spent 100 bux on admission and a box of paint. The fields aren't that up to par with my standards but hey if ur going with friends it shouldn't be that bad.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:18 AM #7
KittenCake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_T0NY View Post
I will be joining newbs playing at this location, could someone tell me please what kind of field to expect (esp since it's at night, any lighting?) Is it a pretty good field?
Since it seems like you are going , There is a good turn out on friday and sat nights . I had worked there a long time ago ( before the fields across the street )

Things you need too look out for , I personally no longer play there but these are the rules make sure you tell everyone .

Out doors , Do not slide , you can crawl but DO NOT slide . You will cut yourself up and might need stitches . The lighting is not the best , it is a lot easier to play on the darker sides and take people out in the lit areas.

Inside , I would say avoid it but newbs enjoy it , wear boots do not wear sneakers . Try not to go up any stairs . DO NOT rest against bunkers , place hands on bunkers . Bull ants have made these their new homes . DO not put hands on the ground unless you have gloves and a long sleeve shirt tucked into them . There are all sorts of mites , and glass from the flourescents being busted the people who work there do try too rake and pick them up but they will always be there .

Bring a lot of money.

The people who work there are good people maybe not at reffing but helping etc they are pretty cool . None of them own the place as the owner no longer lives in florida so keep in mind they have too follow his rules and certain things are out of their hands .

final word ,

I suggest you avoid going inside , and i can not say it enough times , DO NOT go up anystairs , not even the viewing tower if you do walk up there slowly and enjoy ice skating around . The place is slippery as dog crap on fresh grass.
#1 Laura Fan
KittenCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:13 AM #8
shortyxtreme
Fatality

They attached gripping on the stairs if I recall so that shouldn't really be a problem.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:08 AM #9
Evil_T0NY

Well, we are paying a "Privacy" Fee with our group, so we won't have anyone from the public participating.

Kitten, dang man, you make it sound like we have to wear full Kevlar to protect us from the environment alone out there! LOL.

Chances are these newbs are doing it for "fun" and wont' be hardcore, so it will be non-competitive. (some are ladies, so they'll probably wont be moving from the spots they find.)
Evil_T0NY is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups