Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: The only reason racism exists is because black people can't let it go
I strongly agree with this statement 14 14.43%
I somewhat agree with this statement 37 38.14%
I do not agree or disagree with this statement 2 2.06%
I somewhat disagree with this statement 15 15.46%
I strongly disagree with this statement 29 29.90%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2008, 09:28 PM #43
naughtyDogs>YOU
Who is the coon?
 
naughtyDogs>YOU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Apparently we owe black people something for slavery that happend 100 years ago.

There is no possible way anybody can disagree with that. Anybody that goes to high school will know where im coming from when i say 85-90% of the black community who are atleast in high school and even up to the last generation, have no manners, have no respect for anybody but themselves, think the world revolves around them, are loud ***, ignorant people. A lot of them are failing or barely passing.

They get pissed when theyre late to class and the teacher marks them late. They get smart with the teacher when the teacher doesnt answer there question when they dont raise their hand. They are the most inconsiderate people in my school and my 2 cousins in high school in 2 different counties/states say the same thing.

Dont get me wrong there are some that i love to death and are the nicest people in the world. They can be the nicest people in the world. And also there can be white people that act like that. Anybody can act like that. But they are the majority.

But the fact that they think they own this goddamn world pisses me off. Rarely do I ever see caucasians, indians, asians or even a lot of mexicans act like this.

This is one subject that really gets me started because of the way my black peers act.
__________________
08 Z Enthusiast
Ravens
Capitals
[size="4"][color="Blue"][font="Arial Black"][size="3"]
naughtyDogs>YOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:51 PM #44
shaka zulu
OCMI/A5OG OSF
 
shaka zulu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtyDogs>YOU View Post
Apparently we owe black people something for slavery that happend 100 years ago.

YOU owe black people nothing. Read my previous post....this govt committed atrocities against black people as late as the 70's with the Noriega debacle and the Tuskegee experiment.

There is no possible way anybody can disagree with that. Anybody that goes to high school will know where im coming from when i say 85-90% of the black community who are atleast in high school and even up to the last generation, have no manners, have no respect for anybody but themselves, think the world revolves around them, are loud ***, ignorant people. A lot of them are failing or barely passing.

They get pissed when theyre late to class and the teacher marks them late. They get smart with the teacher when the teacher doesnt answer there question when they dont raise their hand. They are the most inconsiderate people in my school and my 2 cousins in high school in 2 different counties/states say the same thing.

Hmmmmm.....three people in three different places. I'm glad that's not the criteria for national surveys because we'd all be no better than the idiots you see on COPS. Oh, and my children are part of this generation you speak of and don't fit the description.

Dont get me wrong there are some that i love to death and are the nicest people in the world. They can be the nicest people in the world. And also there can be white people that act like that. Anybody can act like that. But they are the majority.

Again, in the three places you can attest to.

But the fact that they think they own this goddamn world pisses me off. Rarely do I ever see caucasians, indians, asians or even a lot of mexicans act like this.

Truth is, I see this behavior from quite a few of the youth of your generation. Many of them think they deserve more than what their age and life experience afford them. I don't think this particular issue is relegated to ethnicity.


This is one subject that really gets me started because of the way my black peers act.

BTW, not that you care, but I'm not annoyed by your post. I was just pointing out what I thought were it's flaws. It's funny to me because I went to Jr. High at a school that was predominantly white and noticed their air of superiority and could make many of the same statements. Then in high school it was predominantly Latino and same thing. I guess its all about personal experience.
__________________
I shoot fools....then write about it!
Snatch up some of thee hawt DeadBox tees hurr. Translation: "You may purchase, by way of electronic transfer of funds, a Deadbox T-Shirt at this IP Address."
Deadbox FB Fanpage
Leave a message and tell us what you think!
Orange County Mobile Infantry
Proudly Supported by:My Wife | SC Village l Tiberius Arms | Tippmann |

Originally Posted by CrazyLittle: Sapiens is a species. NASCAR is a RACE!!!
shaka zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:00 PM #45
naughtyDogs>YOU
Who is the coon?
 
naughtyDogs>YOU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Then you fall in that 10-15% range. This is all opinion. Of course this can range from city to city.

This could also range from generation to generation. It will be ever changing.
__________________
08 Z Enthusiast
Ravens
Capitals
[size="4"][color="Blue"][font="Arial Black"][size="3"]
naughtyDogs>YOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 01:03 AM #46
Matt.is.back2011
#IBelieve
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtyDogs>YOU View Post
Apparently we owe black people something for slavery that happend 100 years ago.

There is no possible way anybody can disagree with that. Anybody that goes to high school will know where im coming from when i say 85-90% of the black community who are atleast in high school and even up to the last generation, have no manners, have no respect for anybody but themselves, think the world revolves around them, are loud ***, ignorant people. A lot of them are failing or barely passing.

They get pissed when theyre late to class and the teacher marks them late. They get smart with the teacher when the teacher doesnt answer there question when they dont raise their hand. They are the most inconsiderate people in my school and my 2 cousins in high school in 2 different counties/states say the same thing.

Dont get me wrong there are some that i love to death and are the nicest people in the world. They can be the nicest people in the world. And also there can be white people that act like that. Anybody can act like that. But they are the majority.

But the fact that they think they own this goddamn world pisses me off. Rarely do I ever see caucasians, indians, asians or even a lot of mexicans act like this.

This is one subject that really gets me started because of the way my black peers act.

I graudated from high school last year, and I can vouch for what you are saying. My high school also had a large (per capita) number of failing black students, and (per capita) number of suspensions/detentions/disciplinary actions towards black students. My personal experience around them also made me realize that yes they were louder, seemed arrogant, and rather oblivious to the rules and reasons for going to school to begin with. All what you say is true in that regard.

Do I think this is a race issue like you claim? Absolutely not. I believe that ignorant youth stems from even more ignorant parenting. If a child is not raised the proper way, such as to have manners, to behave, and to have respect, how can you expect them to exibit these behaviors in a large stress induced social setting like high school?

The issue of race and our youth is extremely complicated, and to simplifiy it into "Black people are loud, lazy, arrogant people," is not only wrong, but also ignorant. The black kids at your school most likely did not have the best parenting. The parents were not able to offer the best for their kids because they suffered through discrimination and segregation.

It's a very complicated matter that I have studied in a few of my courses in college, but what I can tell you is that there is a reason for everything. Next time you see a group of black students being loud or misbehaving, instead of brushing it off as "just another black person being black," try to put yourself in their shoes and understand why they do what they do.
__________________
THE OHIO STATE
Class of 2011

Last edited by Matt.is.back2011 : 03-26-2008 at 01:12 AM.
Matt.is.back2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:08 AM #47
larry_wendel
What?
 
larry_wendel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaka zulu View Post
YOU owe black people nothing. Read my previous post....this govt committed atrocities against black people as late as the 70's with the Noriega debacle and the Tuskegee experiment.
So does that mean our government owes black people something? And if so, what are they owed?
__________________
Kappa Sigma, OK, #3
larry_wendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:39 AM #48
shaka zulu
OCMI/A5OG OSF
 
shaka zulu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_wendel View Post
So does that mean our government owes black people something? And if so, what are they owed?
You would be referring to reparations. This is a very complex issue because, heck, the Japanese were given checks for their forced internment during WWII. Do I think individual blacks should get any money, no. However, the legacy of slavery in this country allowed this country to build it's infrastructure off of free labor which was in the long run to the detriment of a singular ethnic group..with regard to the earliest building. This ensured that the wealth of the country went to one group while another was restricted/oppressed.

I don't believe in reparations as most would outline them, but I'm not completely against the idea....as an idea. Realistically, I don't know how prudent it would be when we have poor people of all ethnicities who are being screwed by our govt. policies which help the rich and continue to grow the lower classes.
__________________
I shoot fools....then write about it!
Snatch up some of thee hawt DeadBox tees hurr. Translation: "You may purchase, by way of electronic transfer of funds, a Deadbox T-Shirt at this IP Address."
Deadbox FB Fanpage
Leave a message and tell us what you think!
Orange County Mobile Infantry
Proudly Supported by:My Wife | SC Village l Tiberius Arms | Tippmann |

Originally Posted by CrazyLittle: Sapiens is a species. NASCAR is a RACE!!!
shaka zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:45 AM #49
Gatyr
 
 
Gatyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Gatyr plays in the PSP
Gatyr supports Cereal Killerz 2
Gatyr is an NCPA player
Gatyr plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtyDogs>YOU View Post
Dont get me wrong there are some that i love to death and are the nicest people in the world.
Ahh, then your overtly racist attitude is acceptable, so long as you recognize 1 out of every 10 black people are going to act in a manner you deem acceptable and you have black friends.



You see what you want, and make what you can out of it to justify your opinion.
__________________
"Originally posted by $h@key J0nEZ: Don't try and change the subject to racism. I eat at the Mexican restaurant all the time."
Gatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:51 AM #50
naughtyDogs>YOU
Who is the coon?
 
naughtyDogs>YOU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
No its just i dont like most of the blacks of my generation.
__________________
08 Z Enthusiast
Ravens
Capitals
[size="4"][color="Blue"][font="Arial Black"][size="3"]
naughtyDogs>YOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 12:15 PM #51
shaka zulu
OCMI/A5OG OSF
 
shaka zulu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtyDogs>YOU View Post
No its just i dont like most of the blacks of my generation.
And that ladies and gents is what we call prejudice. No need to go to the dictionary as you've just been given a great living example! While you are more than welcome to your feelings on the subject, it is this type of thinking which will keep cultural relations stagnant.

I'm sorry for whatever you've seen which has "soured" you (and I really mean that), but MOST OF THE BLACKS OF YOUR GENERATION is the kind of broad generalization which perpetuates racism. What, imo, you have to start looking at is "why" and "what" it is that you don't like and where that comes from. Stop looking at teh superficial and if you have to dislike something, dislike the root, the cause of the problem because the only difference between you and them is environment....where/how they were raised and what influences have shaped their actions.
__________________
I shoot fools....then write about it!
Snatch up some of thee hawt DeadBox tees hurr. Translation: "You may purchase, by way of electronic transfer of funds, a Deadbox T-Shirt at this IP Address."
Deadbox FB Fanpage
Leave a message and tell us what you think!
Orange County Mobile Infantry
Proudly Supported by:My Wife | SC Village l Tiberius Arms | Tippmann |

Originally Posted by CrazyLittle: Sapiens is a species. NASCAR is a RACE!!!
shaka zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 02:36 PM #52
Crede777
Resident Agnostic
 
Crede777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Crede777 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
A few points:

Statistically I believe that 1 out of 3 young, black males go to prison. This is way above the national average (I believe, although I may be wrong). Based upon this statistic, would it not be unreasonable to conclude that a problem is present within the black community?

This statistic most likely has nothing to do with the color of a person's skin, but the economic and social status which they were brought up in. Yet nowadays, this persona of "street" living has been adopted by certain black groups in America and has come to portray a large portion of black culture according to the media. This falls in with what Shaka said above, that race doesn't necessarily shape one's actions, but the root of the problem is the environment.

So now we must step back and analyze the environment and what we can do to change it. First, who should be held responsible for changing this environment? Should the black community or the government force this change?

I personally would like to see more of an effort put forward by the black community at changing the environment which influences such a statistically high percentage of black males to commit crimes and/or go to prison.

However, that is easier said (as I am a white outsider looking in) than done. And certain "racist" actions/stances by segments of the white population can and do hinder such progress. What also hinders such progress, however, is the "woe is me" attitude taken by a similar segment of the black population. I am glad to see that racism has not become marginalized within the American society due to these so called racial hypochondriacs. Like the boy who cried wolf, if racism is cited too often for frivolous reasons, then the general populace may become apathetic towards it. Racism must be realized and stopped whenever it is truly present. Yet, I believe that instances of racism can be misconstrued by both the white and black population.

As it stands, I think that:
-The root of the problem is the environment.
-The black community should have the primary responsibility of changing this environment.
-The government is obligated to help facilitate this change by minimizing racism which can limit this change. It must also see that the black community has the education which is needed to produce such a change (going along with the "give a man a fish / teach a man to fish" principle).
-Racism is misconstrued on both sides. Sometimes whites are racist without being reprimanded, and sometimes blacks perceive a racism which does not exist.
__________________
"We Fight! "We March!"
ST: P Conspiracy - It's what's for dinner
ST:R/P I ain't come from no fish!
Derr: Whether or not you believe the universe is here for a reason is patently irrelevant to whether or not the universe cares.
XBL = On3ManRi0t

Breakout Photos

Last edited by Crede777 : 03-26-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 03:56 PM #53
Sir Raph
R3PR1S3NT
 
Sir Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: SEVENHUNDRED&FOUR
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Based upon this statistic, would it not be unreasonable to conclude that a problem is present within the black community?
I think you're neglecting the fact that they need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps.

I, as a white American, having grown up in a middle class family, feel that the blacks need to stop being so poor all the time. I mean, there must be an equal opportunity for them to be educated and assimilated into the business culture as there is for me. Look at the blacks that make it. They go out and get good jobs and make it to the top. So it's possible.

That means that all the blacks that don't make it are simply not pulling on their bootstraps hard enough. Might I suggest gloves, or larger bootstraps perhaps?
__________________
R3PR1S3NT
Sir Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:11 PM #54
Murph1329
 
 
Murph1329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hoover, AL
Quote:
Originally Posted by JcKa View Post
But technically Asians weren't deported en masse to America by non-Asian captors and forced to work on plantations, which then transitioned into years and years of institutionalized segregation and oppression (which some would argue exist to this day).

Asians did have it very hard though, and it's amazing that people don't complain more about our forcing them into camps during WWII.
because unlike most African Americans they can forgive and forget and they realize that their forefathers actions allowed them to live in the land of the free...think of it as a sacrifice...your boat might have been free, but we can see that there is no free ride in the end

honestly though you can ***** about it all you want but would you want to live in the number 1 AIDES infested continent on the planet with civil wars being fought everyday and countries using food as a weapon?
__________________
'98 STO
10/14'' Dye Stainless | AKALMP tornado valve
Evolution bolt | Evolution Roller Sear
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
STO RAM | Air America Black Ice | Shocktech LPC
pic
Forum defeat is admitted when one resorts to grammatical insults -me
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me

Last edited by Murph1329 : 03-26-2008 at 04:14 PM.
Murph1329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:18 PM #55
JcKa
post-Hipster
 
JcKa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UVM/DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph1329 View Post
because unlike most African Americans they can forgive and forget and they realize that their forefathers actions allowed them to live in the land of the free...think of it as a sacrifice...your boat might have been free, but we can see that there is no free ride in the end

It's very foolish of you to even begin to assume why.

honestly though you can ***** about it all you want but would you want to live in the number 1 AIDES infested continent on the planet with civil wars being fought everyday and countries using food as a weapon?
Europeans slave owners brought them here, as well as colonized their continent, which is a large reason for why they're flooded with civil war and feature the poverty they do today.
JcKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:21 PM #56
Adema3412
Give me fiction
 
Adema3412's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph1329 View Post
honestly though you can ***** about it all you want but would you want to live in the number 1 AIDES infested continent on the planet with civil wars being fought everyday and countries using food as a weapon?
And of course that current state of Africa has absolutely nothing to do with European colonialism and the murder and enslavement of millions of Africans.

You're a piece of work.
__________________
I can't believe how strange it is to be anything at all
It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized
discipline. But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion
on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.
--Murray Rothbard
Adema3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:24 PM #57
Murph1329
 
 
Murph1329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hoover, AL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adema3412 View Post
And of course that current state of Africa has absolutely nothing to do with European colonialism and the murder and enslavement of millions of Africans.

You're a piece of work.
i guess they were too lazy to get off their *** and fight for their freedom like we did
__________________
'98 STO
10/14'' Dye Stainless | AKALMP tornado valve
Evolution bolt | Evolution Roller Sear
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
STO RAM | Air America Black Ice | Shocktech LPC
pic
Forum defeat is admitted when one resorts to grammatical insults -me
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me
Murph1329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:29 PM #58
Adema3412
Give me fiction
 
Adema3412's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph1329 View Post
i guess they were too lazy to get off their *** and fight for their freedom like we did
And the Jews deserved the Holocaust, because they didn't fight for their freedom.

You are a sorry excuse for a human being, to justify slavery and the murder of millions in such a manner.
__________________
I can't believe how strange it is to be anything at all
It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized
discipline. But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion
on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.
--Murray Rothbard
Adema3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:47 PM #59
timmyt (Banned)
relentless
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph1329 View Post
i guess they were too lazy to get off their *** and fight for their freedom like we did
It must suck to possess the balls of a small transgendered boy. Send me some hot pics would ya?
timmyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:48 PM #60
TwoKaySix (Banned)
A dying Breed...
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New School ST
The American Government doesn't owe Black people anything but a free one way ticket back to Africa. In the same meaning, whites can get themselves a ticket back to Europe also. America and it's racism pisses me right off.
TwoKaySix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:12 PM #61
shaka zulu
OCMI/A5OG OSF
 
shaka zulu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph1329 View Post
because unlike most African Americans they can forgive and forget and they realize that their forefathers actions allowed them to live in the land of the free...think of it as a sacrifice...your boat might have been free, but we can see that there is no free ride in the end

honestly though you can ***** about it all you want but would you want to live in the number 1 AIDES infested continent on the planet with civil wars being fought everyday and countries using food as a weapon?
Man! You're right about all them negroes! Let's just get us some rope and make tree fruit......been awhile since we had an honest to goodness lynchin' 'round these parts. You get the first one!

I actually laughed hard when I first read that. :nododgy: It isn't everyday I get to see of one of our reptilian overlords interact on a public internet forum! Thanks for your contribution, oh venerable one. :uberdodgy:
__________________
I shoot fools....then write about it!
Snatch up some of thee hawt DeadBox tees hurr. Translation: "You may purchase, by way of electronic transfer of funds, a Deadbox T-Shirt at this IP Address."
Deadbox FB Fanpage
Leave a message and tell us what you think!
Orange County Mobile Infantry
Proudly Supported by:My Wife | SC Village l Tiberius Arms | Tippmann |

Originally Posted by CrazyLittle: Sapiens is a species. NASCAR is a RACE!!!
shaka zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:23 PM #62
tonysk83
 
 
tonysk83's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
tonysk83 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaka zulu View Post
Would you have compassion for a woman who is in her 40's and has been raped, watched her family murdered in front of her eyes and is healthier than when it first happened but still has some anger issues and pain associated with her ordeal?
Yes I would, but I think that is a very poor analogy to my position. In a poli sci class of mine that is Blacks and the Law Since 1954 there are a lot of outspoken blacks in my class that have said some frankly racist things about whites. I realize that not all blacks think this way, only an outspoken minority of them.

It isn't 1965 anymore, we accomplished everything in the civil rights movement. The only things holding blacks down anymore are just cultural, societal, and mental issues. Some blacks have it pretty poorly off, but there is nothing stopping them from succeeding. We can still help them, but how much more should we do? In Chicago they spend more per child on public education then they do in my old hometown which is known for having amazing public education.
__________________
www.myspace.com/blueprintforutopia

"This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. The total influence economic, political, even spiritual is felt in every city, every Statehouse, every office of the Federal government. We recognize the imperative need for this development. Yet we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications."-Dwight Eisenhower
tonysk83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:31 PM #63
xbreaka
 
 
xbreaka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
minorities always feel great playing the victim card, and making it out to be that life is so hard for them and that all us white folks no nothing and owe them something?

I'm sorry victims, but that hatchet was buried a long time ago, time to grow up and get over it.
__________________
I hope a flock of geese get into the engines when shes flying over a lake. Stupid **** whore. - Ainskurred on Nancy Pelosi's Plane
xbreaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump