Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-24-2008, 09:29 PM #148
mynameisjonathon
This is the new sound..

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by apunkjunkie View Post
Because your post wasn't worth responding to because we'll always disagree...just like this issue. No, not everyone on welfare refuses to work, but how often to spend time in the ghetto? I spend practically every day working in the low income areas of my jurisdiction and I see people, who don't work, but they happen to have a nice car, big screen TVs, and eat out every day. Who do you think pays for it?
Evidently you, but instead of finding common ground on the subject, all you manage to do is ***** about it. You see you and I see the same problem, but you seem to refuse to think about how to remedy it, and expect someone from the government to do it(who else?)? Irony?
From a great height
From a great height... height...
Rain down, rain down

http://www.bestpanamacitybeachcondo.com
mynameisjonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-24-2008, 10:08 PM #149
apunkjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameisjonathon View Post
Evidently you, but instead of finding common ground on the subject, all you manage to do is ***** about it. You see you and I see the same problem, but you seem to refuse to think about how to remedy it, and expect someone from the government to do it(who else?)? Irony?
I don't think there is a way to remedy it. I'm all for cutting people off after two years of welfare, regardless of the number of kids they have. If they can't provide for their kids, let the states take them and put them in foster homes. However, politicians don't have the balls to do it, let alone propose a tough solution.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:13 PM #150
tonysk83

tonysk83 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by apunkjunkie View Post
Because your post wasn't worth responding to because we'll always disagree...just like this issue. No, not everyone on welfare refuses to work, but how often to spend time in the ghetto? I spend practically every day working in the low income areas of my jurisdiction and I see people, who don't work, but they happen to have a nice car, big screen TVs, and eat out every day. Who do you think pays for it?
Probably the people buying drugs from them. People on welfare aren't making enough money to have nice cars and big screen tvs. I live all around low income neighborhoods in Chicago and the only people I see driving nice cars are people that are clearly drug dealers, and I don't see many of them.

I am not defending welfare, but I think your perception of welfare is very far off.

"This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. The total influence economic, political, even spiritual is felt in every city, every Statehouse, every office of the Federal government. We recognize the imperative need for this development. Yet we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications."-Dwight Eisenhower
tonysk83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:15 AM #151
apunkjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonysk83 View Post
Probably the people buying drugs from them. People on welfare aren't making enough money to have nice cars and big screen tvs. I live all around low income neighborhoods in Chicago and the only people I see driving nice cars are people that are clearly drug dealers, and I don't see many of them.

I am not defending welfare, but I think your perception of welfare is very far off.
No, not really. You may live around low income area in Chicago, but I interact with these people day in and day out. I don't just drive by...I'm in their homes, I see the stuff they have and the stuff they don't have. There will be no furniture, but they'll have a big screen. They'll have next to nothing in their apartment, but they have an 07 Charger with 24" rims. These people don't have their priorities straight. A lot of them work, mostly to maximize their benefits.

What could you do with your paycheck when the government pays your rent and utilities?