PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-25-2008, 05:13 PM #1
forsfed86
"Right you are Ken"

Virtue VS Blackheart

I know marker vs marker is not allowed in this forum but I think this is ok. If not I apologize and the Moderates can delete immediately.

I would like a new board to be my next big upgrade. I've done some research and looked for videos with both boards installed but I've only found videos of EOS with the virtue board. What do you guys think? Pros and Cons for both boards.

Thanks Allen
forsfed86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-25-2008, 06:17 PM #2
h1persn1per
h1persn1per

I'm gonna say an virtue board is the better choice, but if you do make up your mind and buy a virtue, be VERY careful with the battery harness wires, because the break EXTREMELY easily. You are also gonna have to go with the Epiphany virtue board if you decide on a virtue, they don't have EOS virtues.
h1persn1per is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:54 PM #3
joverly

Compare the features and you answer your own question. I would add the 7th Element for consideration. Sean indiactes Tadao is coming out with something for the EOS:

Lifted from Bracer028..ION table, but features hold true regardless

Last edited by joverly : 02-25-2008 at 07:58 PM.
joverly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:40 PM #4
unfairtebo
ibunkru

If you dont mind a 20bps cap then go blackheart and save your cash. If not then go for virtue
Old 02-25-2008, 09:05 PM #5
URBANxFLOW

go virtue most reliable consistant board out have it in all my guns...virtue all the way the eos shoots great w/ it
URBANxFLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:18 AM #6
forsfed86
"Right you are Ken"

joverly....nice chart, thanks
forsfed86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 08:46 PM #7
overclocked

How fast can a EOS shoot with a Virtue board?
overclocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:39 PM #8
URBANxFLOW

uncapped semi so as fast as your hopper feeds and unlimited ramping options so as fast as your hopper can feed and gun is capable of cycling it will shoot
Old 02-27-2008, 04:13 PM #9
overclocked

Then why do people buy expensive guns because they want high bps when you can just upgrade the board and get unlimited bps.
overclocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 05:50 PM #10
joverly

Tourneys do not allow uncapped makers.. (in fact they seem to be leaning towards lower bps) your fingers will likely not go much beyond 20bps in semi (not meant as a slam, mine likely won't sustained either), full auto is lame, ramping is somewhat useful (for slow fingers). if you are throwing out 20 - 25bps all the time, your pretty much wasting paint. At 25+bps, you might as well throw a bucket of balls at them and get it over with. If you have to soak a bunker to hit someone, there is another issue at play.

As for why people buy more expensive markers? Same reson why people buy Mercedes, or buy a Lexus over a Kia.. (Ion over a spyder, EOS over a EPI, Shocker over a EOS...) mor emoney usually (USUALLY) means better build quality, more features, less issues, more advanced... the bps arms race is a great way for marketing to sell more markers, faster hoppers.. get you to want to buy this years faster marker/hopper.

Uncapped is low on my reasons to move to another board. Fine tuning, consistancy is much higher on the list. If you just want a new board to mess around, nothing wrong with that. I buy stuff at times if for nothing more than it becomes an obsession.. what new can I get next

Last edited by joverly : 02-27-2008 at 06:13 PM.
joverly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 05:52 PM #11
URBANxFLOW

yeah joverly is right he just asked how fast in semi it shot...and you can program the guns rof its not always unlimited it has the best semi aswell thats y you buy it
Old 02-27-2008, 06:01 PM #12
nate4444

usually expensive guns have more to them than just how fast they can shoot. Such as design and extra accessorys. Like the EOS has the fire bolt and the locking feed neck and the reg and the freak jr barrel and some other stuff. You can always just buy an Ion and put a virtue board in, but you won't have all the other goodies. Its like that on any gun. There are reason why they charge as much as they do. I don't think they would really make any money if they just got a piece of crap gun, put a high dollar board where it could shoot 30 bps and try and sell it for 1200. An ego cost that much for a reason. But in my opinion, 17 balls is faster than I'll ever need. I never need to shoot faster than semi.
nate4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 04:47 PM #13
Drewcifer

ape

Quote:
Originally Posted by joverly View Post
Compare the features and you answer your own question. I would add the 7th Element for consideration. Sean indiactes Tadao is coming out with something for the EOS:

Lifted from Bracer028..ION table, but features hold true regardless
Are these specs of the new ape board or the old one let me know if you know.
Thanks bud.
Drewcifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:41 AM #14
shadowcon77

Virtue because one its a good board with the EOS and the board has a life time warrenty
Mass Murder Machine #8
FEP QUEST OWNER
shadowcon77 is offline   Reply With Quote