Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2008, 11:23 PM #43
Adema3412
Give me fiction
 
Adema3412's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
What I say and what a presidential candidate say are two different matters. I'm not running for president, I merely posted what I would do if I were in that situation.
You still never answered my question. Do you believe his response to be an accurate portrayal of the "typical white person"? I didn't ask if you thought it was prudent or the right thing to say.

And not talking about something you aren't 100% sure on means you can't say much of anything, so it wouldn't be an intelligent way for a presidential candidate to decide what to talk about.
__________________
I can't believe how strange it is to be anything at all
It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized
discipline. But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion
on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.
--Murray Rothbard
Adema3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-20-2008, 11:28 PM #44
Gatyr
 
 
Gatyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Gatyr plays in the PSP
Gatyr supports Cereal Killerz 2
Gatyr is an NCPA player
Gatyr plays in the APPA D4 division
Again, because it was all the same thing. I replied to the part of your post that brought something new to the conversation, your reply talked about Obama's lies rather than his character and how it relates to what his pastor said, I pointed it out, and you never replied.

I'll stop this now, though, and let you continue with your silly delusions of posting adequate replies in an efficient manner. You would be silly to consider my apathy a form of conceding your correctness. Take it how you want though, since it's obvious you are to conceited to allow the words of others to affect your judgment.
__________________
"Originally posted by $h@key J0nEZ: Don't try and change the subject to racism. I eat at the Mexican restaurant all the time."
Gatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:28 PM #45
Haga652001
Night divides the day
 
Haga652001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Boise Idaho
Haga652001 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post


Because his job, among other things, is to provide a solution to the struggling economy and curb Islamofacism.
I love it. Its dickwads like this that first started posting those video's of Wright on the Internet. Obama spends three hours dignifying something that he really sahouldn't of had to dignify. And then these *******s say the Obama is focusing too much on race, there are other bigger problems like this and this.

Goldwater is a douche and quite frankly you are a douche. you would do well to remember that.
__________________
War Is Peace|Freedom Is Slavery|Ignorance Is Strength
Haga652001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:30 PM #46
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster
 
Kellster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Praha, Česká
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adema3412 View Post
You still never answered my question. Do you believe his response to be an accurate portrayal of the "typical white person"? I didn't ask if you thought it was prudent or the right thing to say.

And not talking about something you aren't 100% sure on means you can't say much of anything, so it wouldn't be an intelligent way for a presidential candidate to decide what to talk about.
Now you're just twisting language and intentially distorting your point.

What's more, my opinion on white people is not relevant, my thread is about Obama's. And no, I don't think that statement is always generally correct. Unlike you, I'm from the South which has the highest percentage of blacks in the country. Not everyone thinks twice about black people, we grew with many of them. So I disagree with his statement.
__________________
85%
Kellster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:31 PM #47
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster
 
Kellster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Praha, Česká
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatyr View Post
Again, because it was all the same thing. I replied to the part of your post that brought something new to the conversation, your reply talked about Obama's lies rather than his character and how it relates to what his pastor said, I pointed it out, and you never replied.

I'll stop this now, though, and let you continue with your silly delusions of posting adequate replies in an efficient manner. You would be silly to consider my apathy a form of conceding your correctness. Take it how you want though, since it's obvious you are to conceited to allow the words of others to affect your judgment.
And I will let you continue your own delusions, sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haga652001 View Post
I love it. Its dickwads like this that first started posting those video's of Wright on the Internet. Obama spends three hours dignifying something that he really sahouldn't of had to dignify. And then these *******s say the Obama is focusing too much on race, there are other bigger problems like this and this.

Goldwater is a douche and quite frankly you are a douche. you would do well to remember that.
Welcome to the liberal circle jerk.
__________________
85%
Kellster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:33 PM #48
Haga652001
Night divides the day
 
Haga652001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Boise Idaho
Haga652001 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
Welcome to the liberal circle jerk.
why do I signify the start of it?
__________________
War Is Peace|Freedom Is Slavery|Ignorance Is Strength
Haga652001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:34 PM #49
JcKa
post-Hipster
 
JcKa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UVM/DC
Duh, you're the liberal weiner!
JcKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:36 PM #50
Gatyr
 
 
Gatyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Gatyr plays in the PSP
Gatyr supports Cereal Killerz 2
Gatyr is an NCPA player
Gatyr plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
And I will let you continue your own delusions, sir.
Mutually-silenced disrespect is about the best I can hope for from someone that disagrees with me on here.

If you hold to that, I thank you, good sir.
__________________
"Originally posted by $h@key J0nEZ: Don't try and change the subject to racism. I eat at the Mexican restaurant all the time."
Gatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:41 PM #51
Adema3412
Give me fiction
 
Adema3412's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
Now you're just twisting language and intentially distorting your point.
How so? I believe Presidential candidates should express their opinion's about issues where no answer is apparent, especially controversial ones. However, politicians rarely show such candor.

Quote:
What's more, my opinion on white people is not relevant, my thread is about Obama's. And no, I don't think that statement is always generally correct. Unlike you, I'm from the South which has the highest percentage of blacks in the country. Not everyone thinks twice about black people, we grew with many of them. So I disagree with his statement.
"always generally correct" is a contradiction and a confusing one at that.

Thanks for answering though, sort of, because so far you have only said that it is a universal truth, which would be an idiotic opinion to hold.
__________________
I can't believe how strange it is to be anything at all
It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized
discipline. But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion
on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.
--Murray Rothbard
Adema3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 10:15 AM #52
Murph1329
 
 
Murph1329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hoover, AL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post


Obama describes his white grandmother, whom he has said made occasional racist comments, as a 'typical white person.'

Imagine the outcry if John McCain described someone as a 'typical black person?'

Honestly, I used to prefer meeting Clinton in the general election but Obama seems to be even more beatable.

ROFL
and this is the guy that says he'll unite America....right

i'm gona make a bumper sticker that says "Obama The Typical Black Person"
__________________
'98 STO
10/14'' Dye Stainless | AKALMP tornado valve
Evolution bolt | Evolution Roller Sear
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
STO RAM | Air America Black Ice | Shocktech LPC
pic
Forum defeat is admitted when one resorts to grammatical insults -me
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me
Murph1329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 10:43 AM #53
Murph1329
 
 
Murph1329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hoover, AL


i agree with one of the post on youtube about this

"How many times is he allowed to say "ahh, what I meant was, ahh"?"

this is like watching a train wreck
__________________
'98 STO
10/14'' Dye Stainless | AKALMP tornado valve
Evolution bolt | Evolution Roller Sear
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
STO RAM | Air America Black Ice | Shocktech LPC
pic
Forum defeat is admitted when one resorts to grammatical insults -me
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me

Last edited by Murph1329 : 03-21-2008 at 10:47 AM.
Murph1329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:58 AM #54
Bobeo
-Life Is Good-
 
Bobeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Indianapolis, IN
He never should have explained what he meant in his speech when talking about his grandmother. It was unnecessary. The point he was making was clear and he made it in a very eloquent fashion. He played into their hands when he explained himself and the "typical white person" line, along with going back and saying that his grandmother harbors no racial animosity, when in his speech his point was that she does yet he still loves her, will probably hurt him.

Why did his campaign manager let him go on TV to explain himself. Anyone with a brain knew he didn't need to. He was just going to get baited (which he did).
__________________
Go Colts!
Bobeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:03 PM #55
Swerve22
 
 
Swerve22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Concord NH
 has been a member for 10 years
He's managed to destroy nearly all of his credibility in the past two weeks...what a dud.
__________________
Butthurt Conservative.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:24 PM #56
Bobeo
-Life Is Good-
 
Bobeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
He's managed to destroy nearly all of his credibility in the past two weeks...what a dud.
Hardly...

Stop being a fanatic. Sure, this hurt him, but politicians have overcome much much worse. And honestly, I don't think this is enough to lose him the primary. There aren't enough states left and Hilary isn't leading in the polls by enough for her to overcome his lead. And this will be a complete non-issue in the general because it came out WAY too early.

So again, hardly...
__________________
Go Colts!
Bobeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:37 PM #57
Amon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Hmm it seems to me that the media just needed something to bridge the gap between now and the next democratic primaries. It is SO obvious what Obama meant and everything is clear right now so I really don't understand why some people open thousands of Anti-Obama threads filled with stuff that has already been clarified by him.
Amon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:44 PM #58
Gagarin II
 
 
Gagarin II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NYC Booya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph1329 View Post


i agree with one of the post on youtube about this

"How many times is he allowed to say "ahh, what I meant was, ahh"?"

this is like watching a train wreck
He's given a pass mostly because the msm wants him to be the next president, it's so painfully obvious how much they love this dolt, they'll do anything within their power to protect him, hence the reason most network news organizations gave little or no coverage to the Wright story. The double standard is alive and well in Americas media.
__________________
I'm back *****es!!
Gagarin II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:45 PM #59
Gagarin II
 
 
Gagarin II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NYC Booya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobeo View Post
Hardly...

Stop being a fanatic. Sure, this hurt him, but politicians have overcome much much worse. And honestly, I don't think this is enough to lose him the primary. There aren't enough states left and Hilary isn't leading in the polls by enough for her to overcome his lead. And this will be a complete non-issue in the general because it came out WAY too early.

So again, hardly...
wait, I thought Obama claimed he wasn't a "politician"? but I guess I'm bias because I'm a typical white person
__________________
I'm back *****es!!
Gagarin II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:50 PM #60
Swerve22
 
 
Swerve22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Concord NH
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobeo View Post
Hardly...

Stop being a fanatic. Sure, this hurt him, but politicians have overcome much much worse.
I didn't way he wouldn't be able to overcome it, I said he's managed to destroy nearly all his credibility over the past two weeks or so. I've outlined why in a few other threads, if you'd like me to go into detail here as well I'll be more than happy to do so. As for being a fanatic, I don't want Hillary, Obama, or McCain, and thus I could honestly care less who actually wins. You telling me I'm being a "fanatic" is a way of trying to dismiss my argument without actually having to refute it.

Quote:
And honestly, I don't think this is enough to lose him the primary. There aren't enough states left and Hilary isn't leading in the polls by enough for her to overcome his lead.
It's definitely not enough for him to lose the primary, you're right about that. Unfortunately, nothing short of Hillary falling over dead is enough for him to win the primary. Neither side will have enough delegates by the end of the day and so they will fight on, and on, and on, right up until November while McCain works on solidifying his support, fund raising, and stockpiling botox. Not good news for the Dems.

Quote:
And this will be a complete non-issue in the general because it came out WAY too early.
Once again, I didn't say it would hurt or help him in the general, I said that Obama has managed to destroy the credibility he once had. It's not too big of a deal because Clinton and McCain both brutally murdered their credibility long ago, it's just a little bit of "I told you so" for people like myself to rub around the noses of Obama-personality cultists now and then to remind them that the man isn't actually the second coming of the Jehovah.
__________________
Butthurt Conservative.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:52 PM #61
timmyt (Banned)
relentless
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagarin II View Post
He's given a pass mostly because the msm wants him to be the next president, it's so painfully obvious how much they love this dolt, they'll do anything within their power to protect him, hence the reason most network news organizations gave little or no coverage to the Wright story. The double standard is alive and well in Americas media.
You are wrong. There is plenty of mainstream coverage.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/14/obama.minister/

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23634881/

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/23648883/

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080315/...r/obama_pastor

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,256078,00.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/30/us...ll&oref=slogin

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=4443788

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...011402083.html
timmyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:56 PM #62
Gagarin II
 
 
Gagarin II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NYC Booya

little or no coverage in comparison, my fault for not specifying that, but if you were to compare the time this story was covered when compared to stories relating to stories about republicans and their "issues" you'll find it's one sided. Case in point, the whole McCain thing a month back where the nyt ran that story and every broadcast on cnn/nbc/msnbc/cbs/abc dedicated hundreds if not thousands of hours of coverage, no enter the Obama/Wright ordeal, and take those same media outlets, you'll clearly see the difference.
__________________
I'm back *****es!!
Gagarin II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:58 PM #63
Swerve22
 
 
Swerve22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Concord NH
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by I post_PORN too View Post
wow i swear you guys need to stop, just trying to find something to be offended about. He is TRULY trying to change this country for the better and you ppl (oh lolwut) are ****ing it up. He is not pretending racism does not exist like the rest b4 him, he knows it does and i trying to change that.
__________________
Butthurt Conservative.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump