Here are what may be the last photos, as I'm not sure anything new can be publicly posted until I have it patented.
A better back of frame shot-
And the end you won't want to see in person-
Well, I've been designing this for 6 yrs or so, and only gathering/making parts off/on for a year or so, but I've gotten a fair amount closer to a functional proof of concept, so I thought I'd share pictures of this, ugly, ugly, strange looking thing.
Keep in mind, I've put no effort into cleaning it up and making it look nice. The 3 parts for the ram mount I just finished and need to clean up the cuts on, as all I have at my disposal is a drill press, hack saw, files, and elbow grease (The trigger was made w/o the use of power tools).
Close up of the ram mount. The autofocus on my wife's new camera was acting up, so it's blurry.
And yes, there's no feedneck or room for a feedneck. I've got something different up my sleeve
I forgot to add that the battery is only located there to test the electronics. It will be moved eventually, and in the next incarnation, there will be no ram, and the solenoid will be moved to the grip frame.
Added new pics:
Rearview with a 14" barrel:
07-09-08 Additions, forgive the white blotches... I'm not ready for you guys to see TOO much.
Right side shot, notice the new frame
A new one of the "business end"
The work I did to make the membrane pad fit the Angel frame...