Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 03-10-2008, 01:30 PM #1
Danger Dan
www.TeamDesertEdge.com

Danger Dan owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Danger Dan plays in the APPA beginner division
RMPPA UTAH TRAINING CLINIC and SCOUTING EVENT

THIS IS AN EVENT LIKE YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE!!!

COME LEARN FROM SOME OF THE BEST PLAYERS IN UTAH AND GET SCOUTED BY THE BIGGEST TEAMS IN THE STATE!!

The RMPPA brings you an event not to be missed!!

There will be a Training Clinic and Scouting event for ALL players that want to be part of something better. On March 29th all players wanting to better their game and/or join a team in the UTAH area are invited to come learn and play at this open try out.

Location: Eagle Mountain Utah http://www.teamdesertedge.com/content/section/5/36/
Cost: $5
Paint: BYOP
Date: Mar. 29th 2008
Time: 9am-10am registration 10:30 Clinics start. 12:30-1:30 Lunch 1:30 - 3:30 BIG Triad game

CLINIC information

Clinics will be set up for players to learn from some of the best in the state. Each team attending this event will have instructors for each position. You will get the chance to hear the different opinions and learn different styles of play. Even the best players will benefit from this wide range of information. Come out and improve your game and check out the best teams in the Utah area.

There will be the following clinics:

Dagger/front
Saber/Mid
Broadsword/back
Sniper/Ghost flanker

Clinics will be 2 hours long followed by a 1 hour lunch break then a 2 hour Triad game.

SCOUTING information

During the Triad game, teams will have the opportunity to see what players have put the new training in to use and how they stand up against and with the recruiting teams attending. Players will have the opportunity to show how well they can improve there game and take instruction

TRIAD information

The game format is three large team playing at the same time, 3 30 min rounds will be played with 15 minute breaks in between for rest, water, and refitting. There will be a total for 4 flags, one red, blue and yellow team base flags and one central/neutral flag. Each team will try and capture as many flags as possible while defending their own. Re-spawn every 10 minutes.

Teams wanting to attend and scout potential players should:

1. Contact:
Dan or Jared To register a team or a player.
2. Plan to bring your team and scout not just play
3. Have a shade tent and table
4. Have clearly defined standards that you are looking for in a player
5. Have your booth maned at all time
6. Have team members out on the field scouting players
7. Have team members out on the field playing to scout players
8. All team members should be marked with a team jersey or be clearly marked to separate them from those trying out.

All players wanting to attend should:
1. Contact:
Dan or Jared To register a team or a player.
2. Come on time and with working gear
3. Come with a good attitude and your best game
4. Know what you are looking for in a team

This is a scouting event for primarily woodsball teams the play Scenarios, SPPL, CQB, and travel events.

Teams committed to attend:

Desert Edge WEBSITE
Desert Edge Jr WEBSITE
Bad Karma WEBSITE
U.S. SOCOM Det. SIERRA WEBSITE
Eternus Doxa WEBSITE
YMXL teamymxl@yahoo.com

PLAYERS REMEMBER

Teams recruit based off of potential not current skill. It takes time to learn how to play on a team and to improve your skill. A solid team is made up of players that work well together. Team players are more valuable than Rock Stars that cant work as a team.

All participants are urged to fill out this form to help us make the event a better experience!!

Representation from all teams are welcome and wanted. This will be an event that you can come play and be scouted by all the teams in the area.

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK AND WIN FREE SWAG!!
Danger Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-15-2008, 12:09 PM #2
$_H_()_C_K_E_R_Nxt
*TK CREW*

$_H_()_C_K_E_R_Nxt supports Team VICIOUS
$_H_()_C_K_E_R_Nxt has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
$_H_()_C_K_E_R_Nxt has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Why is it held on the same day as hb? I would of come but I cant cuz i will be at nppl
Old 03-17-2008, 10:20 PM #3
Danger Dan
www.TeamDesertEdge.com

Danger Dan owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Danger Dan plays in the APPA beginner division
because it is more geared to woodsballers but I would love to see some of the speedball crowed out and start getting a good mix of the two styles. Sorry for the schedule conflict I hope we will see you out at one of the future events.

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK AND WIN FREE SWAG!!
Danger Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 11:04 AM #4
Utpbmom

Utpbmom is an Premier field/store owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by $_H_()_C_K_E_R_Nxt View Post
Why is it held on the same day as hb? I would of come but I cant cuz i will be at nppl
The reality is very few players from Utah will be attending HB.

This is an awesome opportunity for all players, no matter what style of paintball you normally play, to learn something new and have some fun.

It is great to see the Desert Edge guys making such an effort to grow the sport in Utah. No matter what format it is, every game helps introduce new people to the sport, and that is the key to keeping it alive in Utah.

Thanks!
Utpbmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 11:52 AM #5
speedyG55
TK member #1

speedyG55 is a founding member
speedyG55 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Sounds like it will be fun. I might go but don't quote me on that since I live 2.5 hours away