Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2008, 11:34 PM #85
tonysk83
 
 
tonysk83's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
tonysk83 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim96SC2 View Post
What has Germany done to the Muslims again? IIRC they didn't want us in Iraq. Looks like that isn't factored in. Most of europe on the whole is OVERLY embracing other cultures and looks whats thats been getting them. Maybe its time to stop blaming victims and look at the people responsible. This whole situation reaks of 1600's rape trials, it was the womans fault for wanting it, right?

I'm still waiting for FACTS that back up wright. Still waiting for the explination on how prison building is racist. How the US engineered AIDS. How the government is selling drugs to blacks to keep them down. Whats next, the whites blew up the levees on NO, right?
So you clearly want us to say the technical term, our criminal justice system is racist, not the prison buildings. Facts? You realize that blacks are the dominate race in prison? You realize that blacks make up something around 20% of the population. So either blacks are really committing that much more crime, or they are getting locked up easier because of their lack of education, lack of proper defense, and inherent racism.

These aren't conspiracy theories, its established research. Blowback was a term coined by the CIA, its in books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugrat View Post
I think he is exactly the guy who should be saying that.

Our foreign policy, like everyone elses foreign policy (that means you guys in Canada as well) looks out for our own best interests. We turn blind eyes to genocides, tyrants, and wrong doings on a dayly basis. We'll drop bombs, send in troops, and back ruthless dictators at a moments notice to ensure we continue to get our need natural resources or to keep our enemy's sphere of influence from growing.

Who else but a man of God should be reminding us that before we jump on the "We're #1, God's favorite and holier than thou" nationalistic band wagon that we are just as sinfull and evil as those we are wishing God to smite.

If you ask me this guy is more of a man of God than the "preachers" of the Right.
__________________
www.myspace.com/blueprintforutopia

"This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. The total influence economic, political, even spiritual is felt in every city, every Statehouse, every office of the Federal government. We recognize the imperative need for this development. Yet we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications."-Dwight Eisenhower
tonysk83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-17-2008, 11:24 AM #86
Jim96SC2
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonysk83 View Post
So you clearly want us to say the technical term, our criminal justice system is racist, not the prison buildings. Facts? You realize that blacks are the dominate race in prison? You realize that blacks make up something around 20% of the population. So either blacks are really committing that much more crime, or they are getting locked up easier because of their lack of education, lack of proper defense, and inherent racism.

These aren't conspiracy theories, its established research. Blowback was a term coined by the CIA, its in books.
So by statistics you say the the justice system is racist? It couldn't be that, and I know the apologists won't want ot hear this, that blacks just commit for serious crimes? Then of course you just made all sorts of reasons why its not any of their falts.

Lets face it, you have a chance of improving yourself in America. You chose to do drugs, you chose to join a gang, you chose to rape/murder/etc. YOU DO, not society. Lets stop making excuses for them.

Your theory doesn't hold much water though, because places like Appalacia where there are tons of poor uneducated people aren't commiting crimes on the scale that inner city minorities are. There is obviously a cultural aspect thats a factor in crime.
__________________
It is perfectly acceptable to use 40 years of data to determine that over 4 billion years of existance and change, mankind is destroying the earth.
Heller v. DC: The Second Amendment is now an individual right. You can't have my gun.
Election '08: Proving that America will come out and vote for well dressed BS.
Jim96SC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 12:31 PM #87
kjjm4
Liberty or Death
 
kjjm4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Wind Ridge, PA
kjjm4 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
kjjm4 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
kjjm4 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim96SC2 View Post
Your theory doesn't hold much water though, because places like Appalacia where there are tons of poor uneducated people aren't commiting crimes on the scale that inner city minorities are. There is obviously a cultural aspect thats a factor in crime.
A large portion of the weed that the inner city gangs are selling and smoking is grown in Appalachia. There are meth labs all over the place, too. There's less violence involved in the crime that goes on in Appalachia generally, but there's lots of crime going on there, for the same reason it goes on in inner cities: its much easier to make a living selling dope than it is to do it honestly when you live in an area with a struggling economy and you've been poorly educated.

http://149.101.1.32/ndic/pubs23/23935/product.htm

In spite of the fact that there are excuses for the higher crime rates in poor areas, I sort of agree with you that the people involved are to blame, because it is entirely possible to improve your lot in life in the United States. I'm not trying to claim that it's easy to escape from poverty and crime, but sitting around blaming white people, rich people, or the government for the problem isn't going to do much to solve it.
__________________
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
-Thomas Jefferson
kjjm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:47 PM #88
Jim96SC2
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjjm4 View Post
A large portion of the weed that the inner city gangs are selling and smoking is grown in Appalachia. There are meth labs all over the place, too. There's less violence involved in the crime that goes on in Appalachia generally, but there's lots of crime going on there, for the same reason it goes on in inner cities: its much easier to make a living selling dope than it is to do it honestly when you live in an area with a struggling economy and you've been poorly educated.

http://149.101.1.32/ndic/pubs23/23935/product.htm

In spite of the fact that there are excuses for the higher crime rates in poor areas, I sort of agree with you that the people involved are to blame, because it is entirely possible to improve your lot in life in the United States. I'm not trying to claim that it's easy to escape from poverty and crime, but sitting around blaming white people, rich people, or the government for the problem isn't going to do much to solve it.
My point wasn't to say that there isn't crime or that there isn't drugs, but that the rates of crime and more importantly violence are substantially lower. Yet no one cries for these people. No one marches for them. No well known member of the government is hosting bills to help them. We don't sit around wondering about why their schools are lacking.

Like you said, you can escape poverty. You can better yourself. You just need to have the drive.
__________________
It is perfectly acceptable to use 40 years of data to determine that over 4 billion years of existance and change, mankind is destroying the earth.
Heller v. DC: The Second Amendment is now an individual right. You can't have my gun.
Election '08: Proving that America will come out and vote for well dressed BS.
Jim96SC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump