Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 03-16-2008, 09:51 PM #1
HellhoundSTO

HellhoundSTO is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Liberty Minutemen Tryouts

*I respectfully ask that there be no flaming in this thread. Regardless of your opinion on the Team, its Players, or our Home Field of Liberty Paintball, please do not disrupt this thread or its purpose. I kowe have some beef/rivalry with some other local establishments, but none of our team members come here and talk Sh*t about other teams or stores, Thank you very much for your anticipated respect*

Now on to the point---

the Liberty Minutemen are one of the oldest and most established teams in all of paintball. Having formed in 1994, the team itself is older that many players playing today. The team, in one form or another has played in over 150 tournaments and won over 40.

The Minutemen call Liberty Paintall in Patterson NY its home, and practice there regularly. Many of the current members are refs at the field. and having our own private airball and speedball fields at our disposal, to set up, rearrange and use as we please is a great luxury for us.

The team currently has 5 players. Last year the team only played in the Hogans Alley Series, finishing a somewhat respectable 4th place overall.

However the team has loftier goals that playing in local 5 man events for the rest of our time. by the end of this season we want our roster to be somewhere between 6-12 players, with the ultimate goal being to field an "A" and a "B" team as well as play in 1-2 7 man events.

Next season we want to play in almost exclusively 7 man events, so we need more players.

Think we might be interested in you as a player? well here's what we want in a player-

1.Dedicated Players- this is by far the most important thing. We dont want players that are soccer players or baseball players or play in pokemon card tournaments or bs like that. We want paintball players, guys who really wanna go as far as they can in this sport.

2. Responsible People- we mean this literally. Not the bs definition of responsibility that gets thrown around today. If your parents run your life and are gonna not let you play a tournament because you didnt get straight As, please dont talk to me. Now none of us are rich, but if you cant afford paintball, dont apply.

3. Low-Ego- The Miutemen have made all of their success on being a true TEAM oriented paintball team. There is no room for people who think they are superstars or the next Ollie Lang. If you can buy into our system and how we approach the game of paintball, then you can play with us.

Date/Time- We are doing rolling tryouts, which means that instead of just setting a day and time and having a ton of players come up and compee with each other and cheat and be overly competitive, *** What we want, is for interrested players to drop me an e-mail or a PM, and I will ask you a few basic questions and then what we'll do is have you come up and practice with us at Liberty Paintball. That way its very low pressure, you play a couple game with/against us, maybe do some drills and then we can talk. Like I said, we are looking for A good number of players, so drop us a line!!

My e-mail is Angelteglpr@hotmail.com or you can PM Me, which I do prefer, thanks and I hope to hear from you.
Advertisement
ReplyRegional Ups