PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-09-2008, 07:23 PM #1
Blitzkrieg15

Help me with my R6 please

Alright guys I have a problem...
I'm usually really good with paintball guns, but I cant figure this out. I have checked all of the O-rings; they are fine. I redid all of the seals on the bottomline and It still leaks. As soon as I screw in my CO2 tank, the valve opens and air just leaks throughout the gun, I'm not sure if the valve is messed up, but didnt want to mess with it if there is an easier fix.
Thanks for any suggestions,
Blitzkrieg15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 11:29 PM #2
Mr Virus
BREATH DEEPLY!!

has been a member for 10 years
Have you pin pointed where the air is leaking from on the gun?

Place a couple drops of oil into the ASA before screwing on the tank.
This will help lube the internal O-rings and cup seal, if you havent done so by hand.
Mr Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 09:09 AM #3
glaman5266

You never mentioned if you cocked the marker before gassing it up. Some blowbacks can leak gas through the valve (mainspring + hammer tension on the valve pin) if they are not cocked before gassing up. Try that as well.
glaman5266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:33 AM #4
sparrow69 (Banned)
Freedom Fighter!

mine does this every once in a while, i cock it, shoot three shots and bingo, no air leaks. of all the markers I own, my r6 is by far the most reliable.
sparrow69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:56 PM #5
Dead_Body

If it's not leaking out the air line fittings or the front block then it has to be the valve. That's all that's left.

A couple of things to check before you remove the valve. 1- did you cock it before airing up? If no then cock it before screwing on the tank. 2- if you did some work on the body did you tighten up the brass valve retaining screw? If you did then remove the trigger frame and loosen that brass screw about 1 turn. It pushes the valve body up and can open the Oring seal.

If it's neither of these two then it's time to remove the valve and see what's happening. Don't be afraid to do so. It's no worse than working on the bolt, hammer or trigger frame.

Pull out the bolt and hammer and undo the front block. Remove the spring and cupseal/valve pin. Remove that brass screw and then use a length of wood dowel or plastic rod to push the valve body out through the back of the body. Replace both the Orings on the valve with tank Orings and inspect the cup seal seat for signs of any nicks. Check the cupseal itself for any roughness or dings that would let out the gas.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:31 PM #6
jdubau55
I got nothin' for here

jdubau55 is a Supporting Member
If the valve is leaking you will hear it down the barrel.

Biggest thing is to cock it before you air it up. Also check the cup seal and make sure it has no dings in it.

Blowbacks are extremely easy to tech. The more details you give on what is happening the better.
jdubau55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:32 PM #7
Blitzkrieg15

alright guys i replaced the valve and no leaks , except for the small leak coming from the airline fitting in the front block near the cup seal. I guess I didnt screw it in enough. On a side note, I can't get it to stop leaking around my teflon tape on it. Any ideas on this? Btw, I'm not afraid to do anything to my guns repair-wise so anything is welcome...
Blitzkrieg15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 07:23 AM #8
steveschmucker2005
yep, it's a piranha !

more teflon tape. wrap it with the threads, not against. that way you know it gets inthere and doesnt bunch up the tape

PBNation Feedback

Ebay Feedback
steveschmucker2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 07:35 AM #9
Hellopeople
I hate my username ):

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow69 View Post
mine does this every once in a while, i cock it, shoot three shots and bingo, no air leaks. of all the markers I own, my r6 is by far the most reliable.
mine too.exactly the same thing.
Hellopeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 06:48 PM #10
jdubau55
I got nothin' for here

jdubau55 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg15 View Post
alright guys i replaced the valve and no leaks , except for the small leak coming from the airline fitting in the front block near the cup seal. I guess I didnt screw it in enough. On a side note, I can't get it to stop leaking around my teflon tape on it. Any ideas on this? Btw, I'm not afraid to do anything to my guns repair-wise so anything is welcome...
Find yourself some purple Loctite. Much better for leak protection. Put a very small amount on just the first few threads.
jdubau55 is offline   Reply With Quote