PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-06-2008, 08:58 AM #253
SmArT-SpOrKs
The Power Is Yours!

SmArT-SpOrKs is a Supporting Member
NOOOOO, come back R.P. i was enjoying this conversation.
stupid useless conversations with anybody.
SmArT-SpOrKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2008, 09:04 AM #254
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
never said I denied human activities may be changing our environment. But as you mentioned and I had also eluded, we have only been tracking these climatic data AND cycles for a relatively short time. I do not believe we have enough information to say cry wolf over "global warming"; no matter how "inconvenient" it may feel.

just because it is cooler or warmer this year, or even this decade (or even century!), does not show full cycles, in my opinion, of our planet.
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:09 AM #255
SmArT-SpOrKs
The Power Is Yours!

SmArT-SpOrKs is a Supporting Member
I agree completely, but ill look for it and get it to you, theres a graph of the average co2/ methane output of our planet without human activity, and it is compared to the co2/ methane output we add. That cannot possibly go on without some drastic harmful effect. I am just as open to global cooling aswell. (after a breif warming period). Somethings gonna happen thats for sure. What exactly still remains speculative.

and edit: dont you think our impact and sudden influx of these harmful gasses could maybe speed up the process a bit?
stupid useless conversations with anybody.
SmArT-SpOrKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:42 AM #256
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

riiiiight... and how were they able to measure the output with no human activity, so that they could compare? and as far as something happening, there is always something happening. as for this topic. I do not happen to believe that what we have been talking about has anything to do with this date, and further that the date only marks the end of their calendar. It's kind of like computer programming. until recently, the window/cycle of dates is finite and sliding. so back when they came up with this chronological calendar of complicated gearing-meshing, it was a limited window of dates that was completely acceptable to them, since the last day in the window was too far off inteh future to make any difference to them.

In fact, they were right. they aren't around to see their calendar end. as I mentioned previously, if they were, they would just make a new calendar that continued from this point and a new window of calendar, or they would revise it completely allowing for sliding or cyclic dates and chronological setting (personal conjecture, based on my studies and archaeological/anthropological reading of the Mayan folk).

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:05 PM #257
xHenxriXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
We are having an unusually cold year his year. Coldest year in 100 years, may be a fluke year, may not be. There is too much proof that global warming has been happening. Of-course the Vice president of General Motors is going to say global warming is a crock, he doesn't want to do anything about it.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:23 PM #258
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHenxriXx View Post
We are having an unusually cold year his year. Coldest year in 100 years, may be a fluke year, may not be. There is too much proof that global warming has been happening. Of-course the Vice president of General Motors is going to say global warming is a crock, he doesn't want to do anything about it.
yup - maybe read the rest of the posts. if you want to start a new thread about global warming - please feel free.

Old 03-06-2008, 02:35 PM #259
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmArT-SpOrKs View Post
I agree completely, but ill look for it and get it to you, theres a graph of the average co2/ methane output of our planet without human activity, and it is compared to the co2/ methane output we add. That cannot possibly go on without some drastic harmful effect. I am just as open to global cooling aswell. (after a breif warming period). Somethings gonna happen thats for sure. What exactly still remains speculative.

and edit: dont you think our impact and sudden influx of these harmful gasses could maybe speed up the process a bit?
Unfortunately for your argument, the human methane/co2 output has been found only to cause about 1% of global warming. It is happening, but it is a result of the earth's cycles, not of human activity. We are but a spec on the face of the earth's history and there's really nothing we can do about its cycles. To think that we are causing any more than 1% of global warming is both arrogant and ignorant of scientific evidence.
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 12:16 PM #260
THE_INCREDIBLE_BULK
sursum tuum obama

THE_INCREDIBLE_BULK is a Supporting Member
THE_INCREDIBLE_BULK supports our troops
Goddamnit. Who quoted Fox News as a source?!
Damnit Tard, you should know better.
FBook
THE_INCREDIBLE_BULK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 06:45 PM #261
mcgyver
Common Sense Is Tingling

mcgyver is a Supporting Member
mcgyver supports Pev's Paintball
mcgyver is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
mcgyver is Legendary
The Earth does go through natural cycles, but one can't deny the impact that industrial times has had on the enviroment.

Mankind has been stepping all over nature for years, eventually, we'll learn that our mistakes were big ones.

GO BEARS/CUBS/HAWKS
mcgyver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 10:29 PM #262
slashx1622
Punk Rock Baller

wtf does global warming have to do w/ the mayan calendar...

/thread...
Sean McDonald Fan #33 and Uprising Nation Supporter #122
East Koast Kids
I play at FIRESTORM
slashx1622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 10:36 PM #263
EY3
one love

many shamans(?) have predicted the rise of water before the end.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:04 PM #264
THE_INCREDIBLE_BULK
sursum tuum obama

THE_INCREDIBLE_BULK is a Supporting Member
THE_INCREDIBLE_BULK supports our troops
Nah man. According to the bible thumber I know at work. We have to wait till Iran and Russia try to invade Israel. Then two guys will come along and fall dead in the sand or some thing and the world will end.

Hes... well... simple is a good word to describe him.
FBook
THE_INCREDIBLE_BULK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:26 PM #265
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgyver View Post
The Earth does go through natural cycles, but one can't deny the impact that industrial times has had on the enviroment.

Mankind has been stepping all over nature for years, eventually, we'll learn that our mistakes were big ones.
Not really, the effect is minuscule at best. The earth isn't even heating up in general. It is going through climate changes all over the world. It gets colder in some areas and warmer in others. It snowed in Baghdad and South Africa recently for example. There really is no such thing as "global warming". "Global climate change" does exist however and has existed forever. Humans have little to nothing to do with it.
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
Old 03-16-2008, 08:29 PM #266
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbeak2099 View Post
Not really, the effect is minuscule at best. The earth isn't even heating up in general. It is going through climate changes all over the world. It gets colder in some areas and warmer in others. It snowed in Baghdad and South Africa recently for example. There really is no such thing as "global warming". "Global climate change" does exist however and has existed forever. Humans have little to nothing to do with it.
exactly.

[]and we know that the Mayans predicted this with their gear-type calendar system that happens to end in a time that we can see some of those changes!
hehehehe

Old 03-17-2008, 02:07 AM #267
xHenxriXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbeak2099 View Post
Well,
The reason that the human population has grown so quickly is because for the past ten thousand years the weather globally has been extremely favorable, but humans may be running out of luck. Global climate change can be as harmful as global warming. If the poles melt, were looking at a good amount of under water cities no matter how much it snows in baghdad. There is nothing we can really do about this, the earth does as it pleases.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:52 AM #268
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHenxriXx View Post
Well,
The reason that the human population has grown so quickly is because for the past ten thousand years the weather globally has been extremely favorable, but humans may be running out of luck. Global climate change can be as harmful as global warming. If the poles melt, were looking at a good amount of under water cities no matter how much it snows in baghdad. There is nothing we can really do about this, the earth does as it pleases.
Bing... wait for it... go.
#12 Italian Baller
-Václav Havel
Old 03-21-2008, 02:56 PM #269
PBOldTimer
Yeah, I'm that Ref

PBOldTimer owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
PBOldTimer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Underwater cities, huh? Good thing I live in the mountains. Now everybody stay the hell out of my yard!
Old 03-27-2008, 10:38 PM #270
binxballa

o and theirs nostradamus too....
Old 03-28-2008, 12:42 AM #271
EY3
one love

and the the bible code and hitlers shaman.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:03 AM #272
Systemshockkidz
Kill. Submission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binxballa View Post
o and theirs nostradamus too....
Who never predicted a thing.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:58 AM #273
psyco_fade (Banned)

psyco_fade has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
psyco_fade has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Didn't he predict the world was going to end on Y2K?
psyco_fade is offline   Reply With Quote