Community Focus

Old 02-21-2008, 05:02 PM #232
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyco_fade View Post
i fear big spiders (i like to play with the wee lil ones). Well a lot of christians at my school think the world will end on that date. people thought the world was going to end on Y2K because somebody "missplaced" some zeros in a computer program...completely bogus, yet people actually thought they were going to die.
I think the better way to say it is that a lot of "people" believe at your school... This date is a Mayan calendar issue, it has nothing to do with Christian theological or doctrinal concepts. (neither did y2k for that matter).
Member of: † Christ † Krew † #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-21-2008, 06:09 PM #233
psyco_fade (Banned)

psyco_fade has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
psyco_fade has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I've been trying to get them to realize it is just a mayan calender issue. But no, they're freshmen and they are soooo much smarter then sophmores, juniors, and seniors....speaking of my high school (a lil off topic here) i was standing outside during second lunch period. there was this student crossing the street getting back from taco bell and he got hit by this car. it broke this right femur, the bone poked through his thigh...really nasty....an ambulance had to come, but our school is only 4 blocks from 2 different hospitals. i saw the whole thing too. we got some crazy drivers in kansas, ive already been hit twice this school year riding my bike to and from school.
psyco_fade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 06:11 PM #234
Urban_Warfare
A-5 User

wtf, so what happend, ya got hit maybe screemed at the guy a little bit and got back on your bike casualy or something?
a-5 #1
a-5 #2

Karni #1
Karni #2
Urban_Warfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 06:20 PM #235
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Warfare View Post
wtf, so what happend, ya got hit maybe screemed at the guy a little bit and got back on your bike casualy or something?
Yea dude that's pretty much grounds for suing someone.
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Vαclav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 06:20 PM #236
psyco_fade (Banned)

oh no lolz...i was waiting at a stop light (in kansas if a car in the right lane turing right, it can turn right wether the light is green or not). well there was this silver nissan or handa i dont remember that waited for the light to turn green to turn right. so when i was halfway across the street, the car floored it and made a wide right turn to try and get past me. well it didnt, i hit the passenger side door panel and my front tire left this huge scratch all the way to the end of the right fender. my bike then bounced off the car and i fell sidways onto the road. i wasnt hurt, i was just surprised...and really mad cause the car didnt even stop, it just kept going, it slowed down a little bit halfway down the block, but never stopped. by the time i got up and looked to get the plate number, it was already at the end of the block.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:21 PM #237
psyco_fade (Banned)

i know, i so wouldve sued if i got the liscense plate, it happend right by the two hostpitals in the afformentioned post. but the second time, i got rear ended by a purple pt cruiser as i was turning a corner. it was just a VERY light tap as the pt cruiser was coming to stop. but there was a cop car across the street watching so i turned to the pt cruiser and was like WTH!? dude. and then just road off.

Last edited by psyco_fade : 02-21-2008 at 06:24 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:02 PM #238
godslegion

I could care less if the world ended tomorrow. Atleast all the arguing of religion and philosophy would end, along with all the crime, murder, corruption, and greed of the world.
godslegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 03:41 PM #239
WarpedGreg
EXALT

WarpedGreg plays in the PSP
WarpedGreg has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
WarpedGreg is an NCPA player
WarpedGreg plays in the APPA D2 division
apparently this coincides with Nostradamus's prediction as well that the world will end in 2012. but you also have to remember, in his predictions "In the year 1999 and seven months," he says, "from the sky will come a great King of Terror/He will resurrect the King of Angolmois" this of course came to not be true since hey, it's past 1999 and we're all still here . basically nobody knows when the end of the world will be and we should all just be ready for whatever happens
Inception Paintball
WarpedGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 06:32 PM #240
timmyt (Banned)

LOL @ I've been reading stuff online and i'm scared.

awesome.
timmyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:27 PM #241
ncbbh88
Dont hate the truth

ncbbh88 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I really think that the internet has KILLED this discussion. anyone can search anything and support either side and adimently believe it. what happend to books and hard research? i admit i love using the internet to research but unless you can verify it with a written hard source it is useless " i read stuff online and imscared" thats because you dont know anything if you search "the end of the world" you will get blabbering psychotics claiming the end is near. unless im mistaken i could go to NY or any city and see the guy with cardboard sign claiming the end is near.

what i am saying is that you eed to open your eyes and move them away fromthat screen you constantly flock to like addicts chugging dwn energy drinks and looking at the screen " OMGZ TEH W0RLD IZ GUNNA END CUZ _____ SAID IT ON THE INTERWEBZ" to understand what we are taking about READ BOOKS ARTICLES .edu .gov and MAYBE .org

and that ends my rant on uneducated mis informed people

NC
ncbbh88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 07:02 AM #242
snowpaint
Somewhere In The Between

It seems to me that most generations believe that their generation will be the last and that Armageddon will occur in their life. This reoccurs throughout history with 1666, Y2K, Waco and thousands of other similar events. Personally I believe it is just a side effect of the mortality of man.
snowpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 07:05 AM #243
SmArT-SpOrKs
The Power Is Yours!

SmArT-SpOrKs is a Supporting Member
Don't forget to mention the fact that the odds are VERY good armageddon could come in any number of ways at any time...us being here this long hanging on such a fragile string, really is going against the odds.
stupid useless conversations with anybody.
SmArT-SpOrKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:48 AM #244
xHenxriXx

December 12 2012 we shift into the Aquarius age. Aquarius represent the "Great flood". I am not here to argue whether global warming is natural or whether it is being cause by man, but it is reasonable to believe that it is happening. I need not go in depth about it, because everyone knows the polar caps are melting at a concerning rate. It is possible that the Mayans were predicting a great food, which will devastate millions globally. Perhaps it will change the way we look at the earth.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:20 AM #245
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

http://www.reuters.com/article/envir...rpc=22&sp=true
glaciers are GROWING, not shrinking:
http://www.iceagenow.com/Growing_Glaciers.htm
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...3/nbook103.xml
http://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/glo.../19/73798.html

I guess it depends on what "convenient" reading you do.

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:23 AM #246
SmArT-SpOrKs
The Power Is Yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
Very true, because i could easily pull up a bunch of other reputable resources that would state the opposite.

and heres some common knowledge we can discuss, how do you explaine the polar icecap, which is receding very dramatically?

edit: and on another note, its the whole trend, not individual monthy cycles you have to look at. Geologic time is so vastly huge and we represent such a small part of it...I dont think our data samples are really large enough for us to conclusively say something or another. But just looking at different natural states, such as the desertification of africa increasing exponentially, or the icecaps receding...i would say its getting warmer..

Last edited by SmArT-SpOrKs : 03-06-2008 at 09:26 AM.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:25 AM #247
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

first site teh source of your apriori/proof that the ice caps are receding "dramatically", adn if so that they aren't part of a normal cycle that is known or unknown, since measuring these is a very new development of information source.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:27 AM #248
SmArT-SpOrKs
The Power Is Yours!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,328146,00.html
and, yes i understand the idea of it possibly being a cycle, but we most deffinately are NOT helping anything. Have you looked up the "day after tommorow effect at all? its quite alarming, and seems reasonable. And look up the "snowball earth" theory, its a good read, and quite chilling. That this warming period will cause a catostrophic collapse in the earths climate, and it will collapse, creating a "snowball" earth.

Last edited by SmArT-SpOrKs : 03-06-2008 at 09:30 AM.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:30 AM #249
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

yup - just like the ones I posted (and many others I didn't post) saying the opposite. again - depends on how convenient or "inconvenient" you want to interpret it.
http://www.nationalpost.com/opinion/...html?id=332289
as another example...

Old 03-06-2008, 09:31 AM #250
SmArT-SpOrKs
The Power Is Yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
yup - just like the ones I posted (and many others I didn't post) saying the opposite. again - depends on how convenient or "inconvenient" you want to interpret it.
As with any debatable subject.

edit: and remember global warming is a trend, not made up of the data from a single year. If its cold like this next year, we'll talk.

Last edited by SmArT-SpOrKs : 03-06-2008 at 09:37 AM.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:35 AM #251
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmArT-SpOrKs View Post
As with any debatable subject.
yup
oh and snow for the first (recorded) time ever in Baghdad:
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

Old 03-06-2008, 09:42 AM #252
SmArT-SpOrKs
The Power Is Yours!

You are very good at pulling sources. i gotta give you that. But i still believe it is an overall trend that is not effected by the weather of a single year...

and while we are on the subject, can i ask you this: do you really believe that our Co2 + CH4 emissions arent harming our environment? These gasses are proven to have a "greenhouse" effect..

edi: and know i have no personal agenda as to why its one or the other, im open to both, its just the way i see it now, we are in a warming trend.