PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 03-03-2008, 08:59 PM #1
NW SPPL

NEW NW Scenario Tournament Series

NEW NW Scenario Tournament Series

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you guys are aware, the painball market is changing to accomidate a new breed of players. These players are more into the woodballs style of play, but want to play competitively.
You will notice they tend to like more traditional camo clothing, tactical vest, and favor a replica gun look over fancy milled/anodized guns.
They compete for the fun and honor rather than money and prizes. Sportsmanship is a top priorety and fun well organized tournaments.

If your interested in playing something a little different than typical Airball style tournaments, give this a try. All airball type of teams are welcome to enter. Just remember its about fun and sportsmanship.

The official website should be available by 3/04/08.
www.nwsppl.com

If you want to get information now you can jump into the NWSPPL forum here: http://www.nemesispb.com/forum/
There is a catagory already made for the NWSPPL that has information.

Just another option of paintball play!
NW SPPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2008, 01:58 AM #2
Bob Bobbity
Bobbitay

has been a member for 10 years
For some reason when you say, "Just remember it's about fun and sportsmanship" directly after you say, "All airball type of teams are welcome to enter," I get the feeling that you think that speedballers are inherently flawed in your mind...

SPPL is a joke, I'm sorry to say it, but it's true.

The scoring system is dumb:
- Finding the 3 objectives becomes the main task for almost all teams, which directly diverts from actually playing paintball.

The paint you get for the money is ridiculous:
- Blaze for $65 a case, come on, you know blaze isn't that good. Just because it has a cool looking shell...?

Not having all of the prizes at a tournament ready to be given?
- Seems pretty shady and somewhat sad to me, most dinky 3-man tournaments can manage to do this.

Not being able to spell or use correct grammar:
- This directly represents the lack of intelligence that went into the creation and design of this league.

The way sportsmanship awards are given:
- The team that won the award at finals didn't even stay on site, nor were they anything impressive to myself or anyone I talked to. (Not bad, but nothing to "wow" about) The vote needs to be a forced vote, not a voluntary vote. The majority of the players/captains at this event are probably too lazy to vote on their own anyways.

- And more!

I understand this is a newer tournament series, but it's not an excuse. The field I play at had their first scenario event last year, and it blew SPPL finals out of the water as far as prizes, sportsmanship, fun, and prices went.

SPPL is an over-hyped, older style of paintball, that for some reason people think is new. I love how so many of the people at SPPL events make fun of the speedball players that were there...mainly because we were doing the same thing that you are doing now about 10 years ago. (10-Man in the woods) Paintball originated in the woods; tournament and recreationally alike. There is nothing terribly wrong at all with woodsball or speedball. However, this specific event is not a well run or organized event.

Hopefully some improvements are made this year, I know I won't be attending any of the events this year, especially if no drastic changes are made. I had some fun, but I guess I desire playing in well organized tournaments. The weekend of the finals was not worth the 500 dollars it cost me.

And just so you know, I don't mean this to be attacking all of the players within the SPPL. Just the people(s) who have their heads up their ***** and think their own **** doesn't stink.

Last edited by Bob Bobbity : 03-04-2008 at 02:00 AM.
Bob Bobbity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:54 AM #3
brandoo (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Bobbity View Post
For some reason when you say, "Just remember it's about fun and sportsmanship" directly after you say, "All airball type of teams are welcome to enter," I get the feeling that you think that speedballers are inherently flawed in your mind...

SPPL is a joke, I'm sorry to say it, but it's true.

The scoring system is dumb:
- Finding the 3 objectives becomes the main task for almost all teams, which directly diverts from actually playing paintball.

The paint you get for the money is ridiculous:
- Blaze for $65 a case, come on, you know blaze isn't that good. Just because it has a cool looking shell...?

Not having all of the prizes at a tournament ready to be given?
- Seems pretty shady and somewhat sad to me, most dinky 3-man tournaments can manage to do this.

Not being able to spell or use correct grammar:
- This directly represents the lack of intelligence that went into the creation and design of this league.

The way sportsmanship awards are given:
- The team that won the award at finals didn't even stay on site, nor were they anything impressive to myself or anyone I talked to. (Not bad, but nothing to "wow" about) The vote needs to be a forced vote, not a voluntary vote. The majority of the players/captains at this event are probably too lazy to vote on their own anyways.

- And more!

I understand this is a newer tournament series, but it's not an excuse. The field I play at had their first scenario event last year, and it blew SPPL finals out of the water as far as prizes, sportsmanship, fun, and prices went.

SPPL is an over-hyped, older style of paintball, that for some reason people think is new. I love how so many of the people at SPPL events make fun of the speedball players that were there...mainly because we were doing the same thing that you are doing now about 10 years ago. (10-Man in the woods) Paintball originated in the woods; tournament and recreationally alike. There is nothing terribly wrong at all with woodsball or speedball. However, this specific event is not a well run or organized event.

Hopefully some improvements are made this year, I know I won't be attending any of the events this year, especially if no drastic changes are made. I had some fun, but I guess I desire playing in well organized tournaments. The weekend of the finals was not worth the 500 dollars it cost me.

And just so you know, I don't mean this to be attacking all of the players within the SPPL. Just the people(s) who have their heads up their ***** and think their own **** doesn't stink.

Slammed, and owned.
SPPL and woodsball FTL.
brandoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:27 PM #4
‹GOD›
PMGWC Council

‹GOD› helped look for balloons
‹GOD› is playing at Living Legends III
‹GOD› owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandoo View Post
Slammed, and owned.
SPPL and woodsball FTL.
You know that most of the players in Idaho are woods ballers right?

Second, every one deserves to have events focused on their playing style, airball has NPPL and other circuits, woodsball has the SPPL.

It's kinda pathetic that people slam other playing styles then complain about other styles slamming theirs. You forget that 99% of everything in this sport is personal preference, that includes playing style. Why not just accept the different styles of play for what they are, different?

Here's my take on this:
If you don't like it, don't attend. Give your un-bias opinion of the event based on previous experiences and have key details and comparisons to support your opinion. Don't leave comments like: "Slammed, and owned. SPPL and woodsball FTL. " We are all paintballers here and we have a hard enough time keeping our sport in a positive image to the un-educated masses as it is, why attack eachother?

EDIT:
BTW, I play all types of paintball, so don't assume that I stick to any one style of play because I don't agree with your view.
OLD FEEDBACK
"Originally posted by Gordofski: you can trust GOD though"
‹GOD› is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:09 PM #5
Bob Bobbity
Bobbitay

Yeah I don't think woodsball sucks just to re-clarify...I play it less than speedball. But I still do play it and support anyone who plays paintball. I was just stating my opinion about a specific league within paintball after I've had experience with them.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:36 PM #6
NW SPPL

Bob,

Always looking for input on how to improve. But just to clarify a few things, The NW SPPL and the SPPL are 2 different leagues.
The NW SPPL is ran by a NW scenario team called Nemesis with the support from Splat Action, ProCaps Direct and endorsed by the SPPL.
We used modify SPPL rules such as 1/2 hour games.

Our main purpose is to have a tournament series for the local NW scenario teams so they have a chance to compete locally and more frequently.
While I completely agree that our tournaments differ in many ways than typical Airball tourneys, we are all paintball brothers.
We love the sport however we play it and we hope to think we are good and positive to the sport.

Anytime you want to let us know about issues that you experienced from other leagues, please let us know so we dont make the same mistakes.

Hope all misconceptions are clear now.

NW SPPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:41 PM #7
pimp_killa (Banned)

Nemesis is running this? Sweet, should be good reffing with them at the helm
pimp_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:15 PM #8
Bob Bobbity
Bobbitay

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW SPPL View Post
Bob,

Always looking for input on how to improve. But just to clarify a few things, The NW SPPL and the SPPL are 2 different leagues.
The NW SPPL is ran by a NW scenario team called Nemesis with the support from Splat Action, ProCaps Direct and endorsed by the SPPL.
We used modify SPPL rules such as 1/2 hour games.

Our main purpose is to have a tournament series for the local NW scenario teams so they have a chance to compete locally and more frequently.
While I completely agree that our tournaments differ in many ways than typical Airball tourneys, we are all paintball brothers.
We love the sport however we play it and we hope to think we are good and positive to the sport.

Anytime you want to let us know about issues that you experienced from other leagues, please let us know so we dont make the same mistakes.

Hope all misconceptions are clear now.

Awesome! I'm sure you guys will run a much better event overall. And half hour games will be much more exciting...Good to see that you guys are improving on a good platform...