Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-03-2008, 06:59 PM #1
guitarhero7

sponsor

i have a question about sponsors. my team that i'm kinda on is sponsored by p.e. (planet eclipse) for 1 year. and every year we will have to pay like 600 bucks for new gun and gear. are there any multi year deals that u can make with a company. or so u wouldn't have to get a new gun every year cuz it is really hard for me to get that kind of money every year. I couldn't even pay for this years package. so now i can't play with team this year and maybe i won't even get to next year which sucks
Advertisement
Old 03-03-2008, 07:05 PM #2
things2auction
Your AD here - $5

has been a member for 10 years
things2auction plays in the PSP
things2auction plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarhero7 View Post
i have a question about sponsors. my team that i'm kinda on is sponsored by p.e. (planet eclipse) for 1 year. and every year we will have to pay like 600 bucks for new gun and gear. are there any multi year deals that u can make with a company. or so u wouldn't have to get a new gun every year cuz it is really hard for me to get that kind of money every year. I couldn't even pay for this years package. so now i can't play with team this year and maybe i won't even get to next year which sucks
Normally the idea of the sponsorship is to have the teams shooting the newest guns so it encourages other players to buy the newest gun out there.

Sometimes if a team is short on funds its better not to have an entry level sponsorship at all.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:05 PM #3
RopeSlinger82

Not unless you are in the pros and even then it is hard. Companies sponsor teams that will not only do well but show off their companies newest products. With the ever changing game of paintball it is hard to know what will happen to a team from season to season. Look at truma, radiers, xsv. I know i would kill to pay 600 for a new gun a gear every year. I am lucky that JT gives my team the sponsorship it does and am very thankful they do.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:20 PM #4
Carnagge

Sponsorship has contracted (cut back) extremely compared to what it use to be. Honestly, its about time kids stopped crying for handouts.

Sometimes not being sponsored is better than being sponsored.

68/4500 tank
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post64366912
Old 03-03-2008, 07:45 PM #5
Horizon

Horizon is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarhero7 View Post
So what is it you get from the sposorship other than the privledge of buying their markers?
Old 03-03-2008, 09:46 PM #6
H4Paintball

I don't really consider discounts on gear a sponsorship at all. I think the paintball industry simply uses this term to get all the benefits of a sponsorship without paying the money. for example, a kid i grew up with down the street was sponsored by a skateboarding company. He wore their clothes and used their boards. If that company asked him to pay $ for the sponsored gear he would have just laughed in their faces.

In my opinion if a company wants to really sponsor a team, Instead of handing out a wholesale price sheet to 500 teams, the should provide the products free to 5.

I personally sponsor 2 teams. Thats it. But i pay them cash for achievements such as winning an event (if they win i pay 100% of the entry fee) a few cases of free paint each month etc.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:48 PM #7
eforcegtid00d
factorypb

eforcegtid00d plays in the PSP
eforcegtid00d owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Dye seems to be the compromise between the two sponsorship concepts. They limit the number of teams they sponsor, and in turn give those teams great deals.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:28 AM #8
RopeSlinger82

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4Paintball View Post
I don't really consider discounts on gear a sponsorship at all. I think the paintball industry simply uses this term to get all the benefits of a sponsorship without paying the money. for example, a kid i grew up with down the street was sponsored by a skateboarding company. He wore their clothes and used their boards. If that company asked him to pay $ for the sponsored gear he would have just laughed in their faces.

In my opinion if a company wants to really sponsor a team, Instead of handing out a wholesale price sheet to 500 teams, the should provide the products free to 5.

I personally sponsor 2 teams. Thats it. But i pay them cash for achievements such as winning an event (if they win i pay 100% of the entry fee) a few cases of free paint each month etc.
i understand what you are saying but as I am sure you know players can use any breaks they can get on product. At the same time if a company gives product to someone at a discount they encourage them to wear it when they play which is advertising for the company that they did not have to pay for.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:35 PM #9
guitarhero7

yeah the deal is preatty good 600 bucks for etek 2 and then all the pe stuff. pants jersey gloves pads stuf like that.