PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-06-2007, 07:59 PM #652
Kewlies
I AM SO KEWL!!1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyballer15 View Post
so where are all you guys who are gonna be seniors looking at for college?

i've gotten official visit invites from lehigh, marietta and marist.

i also want to look at wisconsin-madison. maybe st. joes.
I have visits set up to harvard, princeton, and yale. Right now I have no idea which of the three I want to go to.
Kewlies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-07-2007, 05:42 PM #653
jk_6109
What the cashcrop?

has been a member for 10 years
Hey guys...havent really been in this thread for a while and im just wondering how everybody is doing with their rowing. Im at Umass, and im still not sure if i want to do the club or not...

As for the St. John's team...it pretty much fell apart. We had 4 coaches last season (1 varsity, 1, jv, and 2 novice). Well they all ended up leaving. But the good thing about that is one of the old novice coaches is coming back, and he is the man. He rowed in a sweep pair for the US team. He is also on the Worcester SWAT team, which makes him the man even more. I would definatly not have quit if he was the coach. Then we are getting a few alright coaches for jv and novice. But one problem we might have is that we may only have 1 novice coach, which sucks because there will have to be cuts. And most of the kids that were on first boat this past year were on C and D novice boat, which wouldnt be there any more.

New & Old Feedback

Check out my brother's band, Skull Hammer.
jk_6109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:51 PM #654
jerseyballer15
datz me

well fall racing starts soon. my whole boat is exctied, all the coaches that will be watching us at the head of the schyukill

i'm probably going to end up at marietta for college. so i'm pretty stoked about that. actually, ive already been excepted so now its just a choice i need to make.
jerseyballer15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 10:03 PM #655
leftover
profit....

Fall racing starts on the 14th for us.
Ever since our v8 won youth nationals we've been having college visits every weekend, which kind of sucks for me because i'm a sophmore who they have no point at looking at. But varsity is so much funner than novice year.
What training has everyone been doing?
leftover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 10:17 PM #656
jerseyballer15
datz me

cant say, bishop eustace rower in this forum......

but dont say they have no point in looking at u. my boat has brought tons of attention to ocean city high school. coaches assume that if a program has one or 2 good years, there is a good coach and will make good kids. so when they coaches are theyre, they prob wont talk to u or seem interested, but they are ALWAYS scoping kids out for talent.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:15 PM #657
leftover
profit....

good point,
but i'm almost sure everyone is doing the same training.
6k's, sets multiple 20 min and 30min pieces and jumpies.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:23 PM #658
jerseyballer15
datz me

woot. pulled my PR 6k on friday, rowing at a 26. 22:34 i know i can greatly improve it, i'm still no where near in the erg shape i will be in come spring

also i pulled my PR 2k today rowing at a 24, feet unstrapped. 6:59.8 first time breaking 7 i was so happy.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:56 PM #659
Kewlies
I AM SO KEWL!!1

So I just applied to Princeton last night, coach said I'll have some feedback by monday.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:24 PM #660
jerseyballer15
datz me

nice.

head of the Schuylkill? SO annoying.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:16 PM #661
Kewlies
I AM SO KEWL!!1

yeah, pretty lame. how come you guys didn't row in navy day?
Old 10-27-2007, 11:37 PM #662
jerseyballer15
datz me

idk. i dont know why we do or dont do anything. our coach tells us what we're doing and we do it, no questions asked haha.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:41 AM #663
leftover
profit....

head of the american anyone?
it was a fun reggata.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:19 PM #664
agrove91
i shoot sideline coaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftover View Post
head of the american anyone?
it was a fun reggata.
i was there, where you from? im in capital crew. you be there at the head of the port in sac?
agrove91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 08:03 AM #665
jerseyballer15
datz me

so hows everyone doing?

i got my tonsils out November 20th, so i had to take almost 3 weeks off of doing nothing. now I've just been pulling 10ks every day to get back into it slowly. its cool to see your improvement over time though, the first day i pulled a 10k i pulled a 2:06. yesterday i pulled a 1:57. hopefully after a few more 10k ill be able to hold 1:55-1:54.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:21 PM #666
leftover
profit....

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrove91 View Post
i was there, where you from? im in capital crew. you be there at the head of the port in sac?
oh, didnt see that reply for a long time, I row for pacific by the way.
What boats where you one at head of the American?

and head of the port was so ****ty in all respects.
The 4's and 8's race were to close to each other and since we're pretty much the only ones who race a lot of 4's and 8's to (3 4's and 2 8's same people in 4's and 8's) we got to the starting line late by like 10 minutes, exhausted from racing 20 minutes ago. It was gay, no on even got to eat, **** or drink between them. And we're convinced there was shady time handling at that regatta as well. Not trying to blame our results on it but that regatta was the gay.
Which wasn't a suprise because it was run by river city and all
Old 12-16-2007, 02:49 PM #667
Bkenny
Kennizle

Winter training

I row for Bishop Eustace Prep on the cooper river. Winter training has started and it def. feels like it. We just had a 6k yesterday. I pulled a 21:54 on it..should have done much better, but whatever. Right now, the only college I am interested in rowing for is the University of Delaware. Anyone else have high hopes of getting recruited there? Also, who thinks they will be in the Varsity Eight this year scholastically? Bishop Eustace should have a pretty decent boat this year.
Bkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 07:51 PM #668
jerseyballer15
datz me

i'll be in the v8 at ocean city.

im probably going to row at marietta college.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:39 AM #669
agrove91
i shoot sideline coaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftover View Post
oh, didnt see that reply for a long time, I row for pacific by the way.
What boats where you one at head of the American?

and head of the port was so ****ty in all respects.
The 4's and 8's race were to close to each other and since we're pretty much the only ones who race a lot of 4's and 8's to (3 4's and 2 8's same people in 4's and 8's) we got to the starting line late by like 10 minutes, exhausted from racing 20 minutes ago. It was gay, no on even got to eat, **** or drink between them. And we're convinced there was shady time handling at that regatta as well. Not trying to blame our results on it but that regatta was the gay.
Which wasn't a suprise because it was run by river city and all
im a Novice in crew this year so i didnt go to the all-varsity. heard about the sewage spill. that sucks but we had a "practice meet" at Natomas that Saturday.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:08 PM #670
Bkenny
Kennizle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyballer15 View Post
i'll be in the v8 at ocean city.

im probably going to row at marietta college.
true dude, were you apart of the frosh 8 that beat ours at states by a bow ball in 04? Who does Marietta row against because there is a possibility i may row at Marist College if i don't get into Udel.
Bkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:44 PM #671
jerseyballer15
datz me

Marietta is based in ohio, but rows against everyone in the v8 in philly.

'04 eh, you mean '05? (2004-2005 school year) I wouldn't quite call it a bow ball haha. Yeah I was in the frosh 8 that won states, 2nd at nats, 3rd at cities, and was hated by your ***** coxswain. We STILL joke about that when we beat you guys at states "This isn't stotes, this isn't nationals, stop cheering" hahahaha.

soph year was 7 of the 8 same guys when we came in 2nd at stotes and won nats. junior year all boats were switched, and senior year we are back to our frosh 8. This will be a very fast year of scholastic rowing. St joes and winterpark have already shown their speed. so has chaminade, but god knows they peaked 2 weeks ago lol.

edit:beating you guys at nationals frosh year was even better, we all immedatily joked about what ur cox said to us at states
Old 03-02-2008, 06:22 PM #672
agrove91
i shoot sideline coaches

you novice or varsity? i was at pacific yesturday and your team failed. sorry