Howdy! I've had 4 or 5 Evos, and I've never had this particular problem. I bought a used Evo super-cheap that came without the original rechargeable battery. I tried several different 9v batteries in it (including a brand-new Duracell Ultra) but when I try to operate it (no air), here's what happens:
- Hold ON button for several seconds
- display turns on, reads 0000, eyes on
- tap ON button once more, red light comes on.
- pull trigger (with eyes on or off, doesn't matter)
- solenoid clicks once, display briefly reads 8888, gun turns off
Any ideas? Could there be a short in the wiring or the board? Can PMI still repair Evos?