Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 02-21-2008, 10:33 AM #1
dnastuff2

Best Place and Time to Play for Bay Area Newbies?

What's the best place and time to play for bay area newbies?

I'm thinking the best place to play is Santa Clara Paintball.

I prefer that the place is somewhat crowded so that we can get large teams vs. large teams. Is it better to play on Saturday or Sunday? Also, when does the place start getting crowded? How is the action in the morning compared to the afternoon?

Thanks in advance.
dnastuff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-21-2008, 10:43 AM #2
Dagger9903

Depending on how "newbie" you're talking about, I would recommend AGAINST speedball. Speedball is quite aggressive and fast-paced compared to woodsball and at SCP you'll have a lot of serious rec players (although rentals get their own field). For information, I went to SCP Sunday morning at 9am and didn't play my first game until after 10, and it didn't get crowded until noonish, so I would recommend the afternoon. I still remember the first time I played speedball, it was quite a shock from my woodsball experience and all of the newbies at the speedball field were very apprehensive from watching the games (loud, a lot of running and sliding, close quarters, etc).

For woodsball there are a lot of options, Sherwood, the Jungle, Venture games, bear creek, and Sequoia. IMO, while I've never been there, from what I've read and seen Sequoia seems to offer the most traditional woodsball courses and "takes it old school", and it's where I would take beginners (however, no HPA fills yet). As for crowds, i can't comment.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:02 AM #3
X-7 Commando (Banned)

Players of all skill levels will have a great time here! And its only $10 for all day.

Marauders Field
X-7 Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:18 PM #4
eastbaysteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnastuff2 View Post
What's the best place and time to play for bay area newbies?

I'm thinking the best place to play is Santa Clara Paintball.

I prefer that the place is somewhat crowded so that we can get large teams vs. large teams. Is it better to play on Saturday or Sunday? Also, when does the place start getting crowded? How is the action in the morning compared to the afternoon?

Thanks in advance.
Depends on if you have your own gun and what your looking to play. If your looking for something slower paced, go woodsball and check out any number of places listed in the responses above. If your looking for more adrenaline then go with speedball/airball. If you play at Santa Clara and you wanna play it safe, just get a rental gun and you will have the option to only play with other newbie/rentalls. If you like it, try playing with the intermediate groups in the other fields. if you already have your own gun tho keep in mind that you will only be able to play with the intermediate/advanced groups at SCP.