PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-13-2007, 06:23 PM #1
protoman912 (Banned)

protoman912 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
protoman912 supports Team VICIOUS
tank explosion!

i remember seeing a thread about a tank exploding due to oul geting in to the fill nipple can some 1 send my the link i want to post it at my local field
protoman912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-13-2007, 11:23 PM #2
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

http://www.sapaintball.info/index.ph...dex.php?id=757

Just caught on fire and the tank cover melted on his hand, didn't actually explode.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:44 PM #3
b-randon

b-randon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:44 PM #4
paintballg0d

ouch
Old 12-19-2007, 11:16 AM #5
lrYerfdog
Armageddon

lrYerfdog owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
lrYerfdog is reppin' sidebar 4 life
actually the tank did explode! there are pics out there of the tank, its mangled

Snake Player Gang
13+ 0- old 28+ 0- New
lrYerfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 02:29 PM #6
MatAronofsky

pwned
MatAronofsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 07:39 PM #7
balla4life93
so fresh

will this happen to out of date tanks?
Old 01-04-2008, 06:52 PM #8
evolutionz
kryptic

evolutionz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
It can, if you do not hydro your tank when hydro is due. That is why they do hydro tests, from what I understand they over pressure the tank to see if it will explode. If it does not and there are no visible signs of damage then they put a new hydro date on for you and off you go.
Justin Cornell Fan Club #31
Impact Fan Club #149
Ian Harding Photography
evolutionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 01:39 PM #9
Mat420
Slapin' that bass

for hydros they put your tank under water and fill it to 7000psi - 10 000 psi and watch the tank expand. if it expands unevenly they drill a hole in it and give it back.

DO NOT DEAL WITH MULDIN12! HE IS A SCAMMER/LIAR/THIEF

LUCKY'D A4 $350 obo want DM6 NXT
Mat420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:14 PM #10
bighec45
Team BPS!

MY BUDDY GOT HURT RECENTLY WHEN USING A STAKO TANK IN THE UK. THE TANK EXPLODED, AND HE COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED. IM NOT GOING TO GET INTO THE POLITICS OF WHO WAS AT FAULT FOR THE EXPLOSION, I JUST WANT TO SHARE SOME SAFETY INFO. JUST SO THAT YOU KNOW, THERE WAS NO OIL PUT INTO THE FILL NIPPLE. THE PLAYER IS A SEASONED PRO WITH OVER A DECADE OF EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE UNDER HIS BELT.
I AM BIASED TOWARDS THE STAKO BRAND BECAUSE OF SEVERAL INCIDENTS, BOTH PUBLICIZED AND NOT, THAT HAS CAUSED FATALITIES AND SERIOUS INJURIES TO PLAYERS. OTHER D.O.T. CERTIFIED AMERICAN BRANDS HAVE HAD THEIR SHARE OF ISSUES AS WELL. THERE IS A METHOD THAT IS USED THAT CAN ELIMINATE INJURIES IF WE ALL TAKE A FEW SECONDS TO CHECK THINGS OUT. IT CAN MAKE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LIFE AND DEATH:
According to American Paintball League Standards, Tanks must be inspected by certified air fill station attendants, and every player is responsible for checking out their own kit!!!
This is how you conduct a proper safety inspection and valve twist test:
LOOK CLOSELY AT YOUR TANK FOR DENTS, SCRATCHES AND GOUGES. ANY TANK CONTAINING A SCRATCH DEEPER THAN .003 OF AN INCH, A GOUGE OR DENT DEEPER THAN .006 SHOULD BE DISCARDED ASAP AND NEVER USED AGAIN, PERIOD!!!

LOOK AT THE SIDES CLOSELY, AND THE BUTT, TOO. CHECK FOR FIBER WEAR AND/OR PEELING. FOR STEEL TANKS, NO MORE THAN 25% OF THE TANK CAN BE COVERED WITH RUST FOR IT TO BE DEEMED SAFE FOR FILLING.

TWIST THE VALVE OF YOUR TANK. PUT SOME MAN INTO IT. IF IT IS LOOSE, OR UNSTABLE, DO NOT USE!!! IF POSSIBLE SCREW BACK IN GENTLY AND TAKE YOUR TANK TO A QUALIFIED AIRSMITH FOR PROFESSIONAL INSPECTION!!!!

NEVER, EVER put oil or anything else into your fill nipple!!! it can make your take EXPLODE!!! NEVER ALTER, MODIFY OR DISSASEMBLE THE BURST DISK ASSEMBLY!! DO NOT USE ANY TANKS THAT ARE OUT OF DATE AND HAS NOT BEEN REHYDROED.

what I do on all of my tanks is draw a straight line from my reg into the tank. I use this line as a guide to tell me if the tank reg is un aligned. this little indicator makes a big difference, and can be done in mere seconds with nail polish, or a permanent marker. Redo if faded.

Please friends, be careful when screwing AND unscrewing your tanks. If it does not want to unscrew for your gat, take it to an airsmith before you torque away at it. This is how fatalities has occured!
Play Safe!
Hec
PLANET ECLIPSE, ALL DAY, EVERY DAY!!!
How come all these PBN thugs NEVER step to me in person???
bighec45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:25 PM #11
bighec45
Team BPS!

MY BUDDY GOT HURT RECENTLY WHEN USING A STAKO TANK IN THE UK. THE TANK EXPLODED, AND HE COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED. IM NOT GOING TO GET INTO THE POLITICS OF WHO WAS AT FAULT FOR THE EXPLOSION, I JUST WANT TO SHARE SOME SAFETY INFO. JUST SO THAT YOU KNOW, THERE WAS NO OIL PUT INTO THE FILL NIPPLE. THE PLAYER IS A SEASONED PRO WITH OVER A DECADE OF EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE UNDER HIS BELT.
I AM BIASED TOWARDS THE STAKO BRAND BECAUSE OF SEVERAL INCIDENTS, BOTH PUBLICIZED AND NOT, THAT HAS CAUSED FATALITIES AND SERIOUS INJURIES TO PLAYERS. OTHER D.O.T. CERTIFIED AMERICAN BRANDS HAVE HAD THEIR SHARE OF ISSUES AS WELL. THERE IS A METHOD THAT IS USED THAT CAN ELIMINATE INJURIES IF WE ALL TAKE A FEW SECONDS TO CHECK THINGS OUT. IT CAN MAKE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LIFE AND DEATH:
According to American Paintball League Standards, Tanks must be inspected by certified air fill station attendants, and every player is responsible for checking out their own kit!!!
This is how you conduct a proper safety inspection and valve twist test:
LOOK CLOSELY AT YOUR TANK FOR DENTS, SCRATCHES AND GOUGES. ANY TANK CONTAINING A SCRATCH DEEPER THAN .003 OF AN INCH, A GOUGE OR DENT DEEPER THAN .006 SHOULD BE DISCARDED ASAP AND NEVER USED AGAIN, PERIOD!!!

LOOK AT THE SIDES CLOSELY, AND THE BUTT, TOO. CHECK FOR FIBER WEAR AND/OR PEELING. FOR STEEL TANKS, NO MORE THAN 25% OF THE TANK CAN BE COVERED WITH RUST FOR IT TO BE DEEMED SAFE FOR FILLING.

TWIST THE VALVE OF YOUR TANK. PUT SOME MAN INTO IT. IF IT IS LOOSE, OR UNSTABLE, DO NOT USE!!! IF POSSIBLE SCREW BACK IN GENTLY AND TAKE YOUR TANK TO A QUALIFIED AIRSMITH FOR PROFESSIONAL INSPECTION!!!!

NEVER, EVER put oil or anything else into your fill nipple!!! it can make your take EXPLODE!!! NEVER ALTER, MODIFY OR DISSASEMBLE THE BURST DISK ASSEMBLY!! DO NOT USE ANY TANKS THAT ARE OUT OF DATE AND HAS NOT BEEN REHYDROED.

what I do on all of my tanks is draw a straight line from my reg into the tank. I use this line as a guide to tell me if the tank reg is un aligned. this little indicator makes a big difference, and can be done in mere seconds with nail polish, or a permanent marker. Redo if faded.

Please friends, be careful when screwing AND unscrewing your tanks. If it does not want to unscrew for your gat, take it to an airsmith before you torque away at it. This is how fatalities has occured!
Play Safe!
Hec
PLANET ECLIPSE, ALL DAY, EVERY DAY!!!
How come all these PBN thugs NEVER step to me in person???
bighec45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:05 PM #12
k_money07 (Banned)

omg
k_money07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:34 AM #13
Marko07
Вы с

this is a great thread, thanks for posting things like this. There are far to many people that just assume their tank is ready to go and far to many air station attendants that just fill and fill and fill with out inspecting anything.

great thread guys

Вы все всё равно скоро сдохнете

-TRUST-
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?&u=373096
Marko07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 03:30 PM #14
Snowball13

Snowball13 helped look for balloons
Snowball13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Snowball13 supports Team VICIOUS
Snowball13 is for the Gunfight
Bighec, are you ****ing serious? You want people(possibly some young kids) to try and unscrew their reg WHILE there is pressure inside the tank to see if it is loose? Why the hell would anyone do this with pressure in the tank. It's different if absolutely NO pressure is in it though.
Snowball13 is offline   Reply With Quote