PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 01:23 PM #22
Dye_Fanatic
ya...oooook

this really sucks, right when i use my quest for the first time, the noid just stops working after 2 games...i called fep, and asked them if it was still under warranty , they said that i would have to ship my quest and warranty card to critical...i called citical and they said that they would accept the warranty because they are not fep, they are just fixing the guns...gosh...im so pissed off about this that i kinda just feel like selling my quest my noid should not just give out the first day of use...now i will have to pay the like 25-50 dollars for the fixing of my noid, or a new one...

this was a bad move over all two thumbs WAY WAY down

Last edited by Dye_Fanatic : 02-09-2008 at 01:28 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2008, 01:35 PM #23
Blackrain7557
Most negative person ever

Blackrain7557 supports Team VICIOUS
Blackrain7557 is for the Gunfight
Blackrain7557 plays in the APPA beginner division
are you sure its the noid and not the board?
Old 02-09-2008, 01:44 PM #24
Dye_Fanatic
ya...oooook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackrain7557 View Post
are you sure its the noid and not the board?
does it really matter, they still wont cover it...i shouldn't have to pay for it, it just stopped working after 2-3 games
Old 02-09-2008, 02:03 PM #25
|LpA|Matt
Old Tymer

|LpA|Matt is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
It does matter, though, your problem could just lie in a pinched/damaged wire or a bad harness, but don't hijack the thread for this issue, start a new thread and members will be eager to help.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:16 PM #26
Garbageman705
I was the garbageman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dye_Fanatic View Post
this really sucks, right when i use my quest for the first time, the noid just stops working after 2 games...i called fep, and asked them if it was still under warranty , they said that i would have to ship my quest and warranty card to critical...i called citical and they said that they would accept the warranty because they are not fep, they are just fixing the guns...gosh...im so pissed off about this that i kinda just feel like selling my quest my noid should not just give out the first day of use...now i will have to pay the like 25-50 dollars for the fixing of my noid, or a new one...

Agreed, two thumbs way down.

A warranty is a warranty, the company should honor it. FEP should work out the kinks with critical so the warranty still stands.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:37 PM #27
bballryand316
Custom Projects are fun.

Quote:

It's either a WAS board problem or the wiring harness. Simple.

Either get a new board, or a $5 wire.

SMC noids don't just die.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:27 PM #28
Dye_Fanatic
ya...oooook

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballryand316 View Post
It's either a WAS board problem or the wiring harness. Simple.

Either get a new board, or a $5 wire.

SMC noids don't just die.
the point is, i shouldnt have to, i got the warrenty, they should pay for their mistakes. well if its not the noid, then its the board, all of the conections are fine, the board actualy works, the eyes work, all of the settings work and the trigger work, which was leading me to the noid itself because it doesn't click...but i really dont think that i should be the one paying for a new board because it died the first day...they should have just kept on repairing them themselves, i would trust the company that made the gun more that some random other place.

well this just applies to me, but now that critical is the place to get repairs, i cant just drive it down to fep now, they are basicaly just in the next city over

Last edited by Dye_Fanatic : 02-09-2008 at 03:30 PM.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:19 PM #29
bballryand316
Custom Projects are fun.

At least FEP and Critical are close. And Critical isn't 'some random company.'

Set your LPR to 105. If that doesn't fire, then check the board or harness. WAS boards didn't work correctly, even if it seemed to power on/have working eyes. If you took the gun apart, you may have torn a harness.

If a gun came working, who's mistake was it?
Old 02-09-2008, 04:39 PM #30
Blackrain7557

seriously stop bashing a company for wanting to produce the best gun they can, and a DM4/5/c noid does not just stop working, they stop in a spectacular fashion. like leaking and random firing, i had my DM4 noid do that.

check the noid wiring you might have broken a connection especially if there is heat wrap around it by the noid.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:57 PM #31
Dye_Fanatic
ya...oooook

omg...you are all missing my point...because now that critical paintball are the people that repair them, they dont accept my warranty because they are not fep, my noid is still under warranty meaning that they should be paying for somting that just stopped working the first day of use. I will have to pay for the repairs because fep is not fixing their products...i wouldnt care about this if critical would accept warranty cards

and its not a pinched wire... all of the wires are fine

Last edited by Dye_Fanatic : 02-09-2008 at 05:02 PM.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:16 PM #32
Blackrain7557

we got your point, call FEP and explain the situation to them and ask them to talk to Critical for you,

Also i never said a pinched wire, i said a broken connection, if there is black tubing on the wires coming from the noid one might have snapped with out your knowledge, i dont have a quest anymore so i cant verify that fact.

just call critical and ask them what the expected cost would be.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:15 PM #33
LU_aDaK
See you at LL7

Annual Supporting Member
LU_aDaK is playing at Living Legends VI
LU_aDaK is playing at Living Legends VII
I like th outsourcing of marker teching... But if Dave and Cole seriously cannot get critical to honor the warranty then I may be shopping elsewhere... I love both of them, and the family so I hope this is a mistake. But when I have a hand shake and someone tell me they will fix it for the life of the company regardless of the 2 years printed warranty, I expect just that. Boards, wires and noids are like tires... sometimes you need to replace them. that I understand. But if they will not fix leaks and such for free then my FEP heart is broken...

I would talk to Dave for you guys, straighten this whole thing out...but I am way to damn tired of never getting a call back. Dave if you read this I am not trying to be bitter, I am just frustrated and hurt bro.

Adam-

Old 02-09-2008, 08:14 PM #34
Dye_Fanatic
ya...oooook

Quote:
Originally Posted by LU_aDaK View Post
I like th outsourcing of marker teching... But if Dave and Cole seriously cannot get critical to honor the warranty then I may be shopping elsewhere... I love both of them, and the family so I hope this is a mistake. But when I have a hand shake and someone tell me they will fix it for the life of the company regardless of the 2 years printed warranty, I expect just that. Boards, wires and noids are like tires... sometimes you need to replace them. that I understand. But if they will not fix leaks and such for free then my FEP heart is broken...

I would talk to Dave for you guys, straighten this whole thing out...but I am way to damn tired of never getting a call back. Dave if you read this I am not trying to be bitter, I am just frustrated and hurt bro.

Adam-
this is EXACTLY my point...i love fep, and when i finay saved enough money to get a quest, i was very happy...from my first time ever playing pb, i loved the quest, epesialy the looks (which in the begining was what i thought the only differenced in guns were...lol) But now that i have one, and the first day of use, it dies, i cant believe that they would just expect me to pay for their mistakes

oh, and about the shrink tubing, i already checked, they were good
Old 02-09-2008, 08:45 PM #35
Dustdevil21
Any Time, Any Place!!!

I really hope somebody will be honoring the warranty, it is a binding contract. If they refuse to fix the gun under the warranty they are asking for legal problems. If they are going to out source to Critical then they are theoredically accepting all responsibility for the warranty also. It is illegal to not honor it and there are specific laws written to protect us.
Dust Olive Marq 6
Air Commandoís, Quiet Professionalís!!!! Pavelow 1979-2008
Old 02-09-2008, 09:26 PM #36
bballryand316
Custom Projects are fun.

I still think it's where the wires connect to the noid. This has happened to me twice out of my 2 Quest's lifetime, and both times all wires looked fine.

If anyone around you has a Quest board, test that. If it doesn't work, air up the gun and cycle it by pressing the orange/red button on the noid. It will shoot once.

I understand you're frustration and I can see your point. However, it's like wanting your new tank repaired because it needs a burst disk or a new oring.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:52 PM #37
Blackballed (Banned)

Cool Unauthorized Post...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole69 View Post
We at FEP want to let our loyal customers know of a small change to the structure of our organization. This upcoming season, we have made the commitment to devote 100% of our efforts to developing the newest, most advanced, and best performing product possible. Since we have so many exciting developments in the pipeline, we have decided to devote our entire staff (including all techs) to our R&D efforts.
As a result, we have decided to have Critical Paintball take over as the official service and repair center for FEP products. Critical Paintballís NPPL team has used FEP Quests exclusively for the entirety of the 2007 season, and their staff has been extensively trained in the maintenance and service of all FEP products. Their experience with the Quest is unparalleled, and made it an easy decision to approach them to become the official FEP service center. So if you need any repairs or maintenance done to any FEP product, please contact Critical Paintball. They will also be keeping a stockpile of parts as well as their aftermarket upgrades for the Quest.
This arrangement between Critical Paintball and FEP will allow us to accelerate our efforts to bring new product to the marketplace. Keep a lookout for some revolutionary things to come from FEP in the upcoming season, you definitely wonít be disappointed.

Sincerely,

Chris Cole
President FEP

Please call Critical Paintball in advance for a RA# (Return Authorization Number) before shipping your gun to them.

Critical Paintball
19450 Business Center Dr
Northridge, CA 91324
800-492-8221
818-407-4805
Email sales@criticalpaintball.com
While the majority of the information listed above is true with regard to R&D, new products, etc., FEP customers should be advised that Critical Paintball is by no means the West Coast Service Center. Also, to the best of my knowledge they do not have a stock pile of FEP parts. Any and all repairs, technical issues, RMA requests, etc., should continue to be directed to FEP at the contact information listed below.

Please donít misunderstand what Iím saying above. FEP and Critical Paintball have a very good working relationship. They shoot FEP guns and are very knowledgeable about FEP products. However, at this point in time FEP is by no means so overwhelmed that they canít handle their own customer phone calls, emails, product requests/questions, repair requests, and warranty issues.

Those of you who know me know what Iím saying is factual. If you have any questions, you should continue to contact FEP directly. FEPís mailing address is: First Endeavor Paintball, 1601 Pacific Avenue, Suite 204, Oxnard, CA 93030. Phone and email information is: Phone 805 487-5297, Fax 805 487-5462, Email info@firstendeavorpaintball.com or dsp1733@aol.com.

Regards,
Blaclballed.........

PS........ YO LU! Dave Palmer CEO FEP, Will call you on Monday!! For Shizzle! But then again you know how he is!!! lol....
Old 02-09-2008, 09:55 PM #38
Blackballed (Banned)

Call Dave

Quote:

Call Dave FEP's CEO on Monday and he will be more then happy to handle your situation!!!

805 797-0565 CELL NUMBER!!!!

Regards,
Blackballed.....
Old 02-09-2008, 09:56 PM #39
LU_aDaK
See you at LL7

Annual Supporting Member
LU_aDaK is playing at Living Legends VI
LU_aDaK is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackballed View Post
While the majority of the information listed above is true with regard to R&D, new products, etc., FEP customers should be advised that Critical Paintball is by no means the West Coast Service Center. Also, to the best of my knowledge they do not have a stock pile of FEP parts. Any and all repairs, technical issues, RMA requests, etc., should continue to be directed to FEP at the contact information listed below.

Please donít misunderstand what Iím saying above. FEP and Critical Paintball have a very good working relationship. They shoot FEP guns and are very knowledgeable about FEP products. However, at this point in time FEP is by no means so overwhelmed that they canít handle their own customer phone calls, emails, product requests/questions, repair requests, and warranty issues.

Those of you who know me know what Iím saying is factual. If you have any questions, you should continue to contact FEP directly. FEPís mailing address is: First Endeavor Paintball, 1601 Pacific Avenue, Suite 204, Oxnard, CA 93030. Phone and email information is: Phone 805 487-5297, Fax 805 487-5462, Email info@firstendeavorpaintball.com or dsp1733@aol.com.

Regards,
Blaclballed.........

PS........ YO LU! Dave Palmer CEO FEP, Will call you on Monday!! For Shizzle! But then again you know how he is!!! lol....
Goodluck getting a hold of him. And yea I know how he is... Big, Happy, Jolly, Forgetful, generous, PITA... lol Yea I know em. IFyou hear from him first tell him I need a weekend vacation and his house sounds like a good spot.

Old 02-09-2008, 10:50 PM #40
Dye_Fanatic
ya...oooook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackballed View Post
Call Dave FEP's CEO on Monday and he will be more then happy to handle your situation!!!

805 797-0565 CELL NUMBER!!!!

Regards,
Blackballed.....
thanks
Old 02-11-2008, 11:55 AM #41
Gailon
FEP Sticky

Okay now I'm confused about this.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:37 PM #42
CARWASHGIRLIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailon View Post