Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 07:23 PM #1
wallnutz123
Killin' It in Cali

wallnutz123 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
wallnutz123 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
wallnutz123 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Archon's new hopper 11BPS gravity feeder WTF!!!!!!

Has anybody tried the gravity hopper called:
Archon's NEW Revolutionary 200 Round Gravity fed hopper
11BPS thats bull for gravity hopper!!!!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-29-2008, 08:44 PM #2
snoopdogg
♠SuperStar Status &

snoopdogg helped look for balloons
snoopdogg owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
snoopdogg supports Pev's Paintball
no i can get 15 on my gravity hopper. i like gravity hopper better plus i know ppl with angels egos and dyes that like the gravity hopper better and they use em
"Originally posted by OneUp: there is no replacement for mother's milk dude. trust me i am a marine bio major. i know she's not a fish but i did have to study those things that women use to get free drinks at bars :P"

"Originally posted by outkast kid: There is no best, of anything. The world is subjective. When enough people subjectively decide they like something, it is the best. So far, no gun is the best."
Old 01-29-2008, 11:20 PM #3
steveschmucker2005
yep, it's a piranha !

its the shape if the shell. i have one. i should use it more, but i dont. there isnt any problems with it.

PBNation Feedback

Ebay Feedback
Old 01-30-2008, 12:41 AM #4
Axe56
(e)rAwR!

has been a member for 10 years
Axe56 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopdogg View Post
no i can get 15 on my gravity hopper. i like gravity hopper better plus i know ppl with angels egos and dyes that like the gravity hopper better and they use em
nice....

as for the archon hopper, looks like it does what they say it does. (I'll believe it)
Old 01-30-2008, 03:54 PM #5
313pbp

313pbp helped look for balloons
I use this hopper on my electric rentals and it works great. actual rof feed is closer to 11 bps. for a secondary emergency hopper is great
Old 01-30-2008, 07:12 PM #6
b_schiffer

b_schiffer supports Team VICIOUS
They used them at my old field,
they arent bad, but if a ball broke in them it was horrible.
plus we always had to tape the lids down
but other than that I liked them
Old 01-30-2008, 11:52 PM #7
snoopdogg
♠SuperStar Status &

snoopdogg helped look for balloons
snoopdogg owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
snoopdogg supports Pev's Paintball
im not into elctro hoppers if they die ur screw'd and they like 100+bucks for one and i dont got that much money i play in a sweatshirt some jeans and red/white forces on
"Originally posted by OneUp: there is no replacement for mother's milk dude. trust me i am a marine bio major. i know she's not a fish but i did have to study those things that women use to get free drinks at bars :P"

"Originally posted by outkast kid: There is no best, of anything. The world is subjective. When enough people subjectively decide they like something, it is the best. So far, no gun is the best."
Old 01-31-2008, 01:38 AM #8
Dead_Body

It's not bull and they are not new. I got 3 of them about a year and a bit ago when I started playing. They work a lot better than the usual VL gravity feed and if I use them on my blowback markers they keep up amazingly well. The blowbacks shake and shudder enough to let them flow balls at any rate I need. I've walked my EVO at around 8 to 10 bps and didn't have a single problem. Even on my Spyder Pilot with no eyes and a bouncy trigger that sends out the odd burst of fully capped 13bps for 6 to 10 balls the Archon keeps up.

I'm very happy with mine.

Issues and observations..... The lid is a bit finicky. There's 3 tabs, be sure they are ALL snapped or the lid can fly open and dump your ammo. But when all three are snapped it's solid. It handles paint really nice until your'e down to the last 20 to 30. At that point the base is a little too flat and if the hopper is not dead level it starts having problems with not feeding down into the trough and needs a shake or two to keep the ammo flowing.

For woodsball they rock. For tournament level with a marker with eyes that shakes a little like the EVO Piranha it would be fine. If you've got a smooth firing marker then no, go electro. The other markers I use my Archons on are autocockers and my old classic Automag. With these they need the occasional shake to get things flowing again. But mostly that's related to running out and tilting the hopper as per above.

For me with my mostly mechanical trigger stuff the Archon works fantastic. Mind you I rarely shoot off a string of more than 4 to 8 balls and generally don't go through more than 50 to 60 balls in a game of woodsball. I'm one of those odd sorts that likes to see something worth shooting at before I pull on the trigger...

Last edited by Dead_Body : 01-31-2008 at 01:40 AM.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:38 PM #9
Twister60

Twister60 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Twister60 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Twister60 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Twister60 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Twister60 is attending Decay of Nations VI
check out my Archon video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ac5kRXvKOw#

Full Body Creation, Machining, Anodizing and Repair + Parts and Service Available
Pods now only $1.00!
07 EGO|Hybrid NXT|PM6|RPM|PMR|3 Quest's
Old 02-05-2008, 09:26 PM #10
zWarlord
Thought Police

hardly new. They dont always work either
Old 02-06-2008, 03:45 PM #11
Dead_Body

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twister60 View Post
check out my Archon video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ac5kRXvKOw#
Sorry twister but that was hardly a video that recomends the hopper.... To be fair though I think it was more related to a firing or eye mode issue in your case

I'm happy to say that mine work MUCH better on all the guns I've used it on.... The odd time I need to shake it I just use one little twitch of the wrist and it's all good again. On blowbacks they shake well enough to not need to shake it at all.

I've used my Archon on my EVO and ripped out 10 to 15 ball streams that are just as fast as I can walk the trigger.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:32 PM #12
pbboy37

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopdogg View Post
If I recall correctly the laws of gravity in a perfect situation only let balls feed up to a MAX of 14 bps. If someone tells you they have a video of it going over 14, goldwave it. As of the archon video, I doubt that was even 11 with him shaking that.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:11 PM #13
Dead_Body

One of the tests I did was to fill it almost to the brim. That's supposed to be around 200 according to the advertising. In a timed drop test that needed a little bit of mild shaking it emptied all but the last few stuck in the corners in 16 to 17 seconds by looking at a second hand on a clock. That worked out to around 12 bps. In some cases they seemed to be coming out sitting on each other's backs. At other times there was a noticable distance between them. But the numbers were good enough to average out to around 12 bps. The regular old VL didn't do as good and needed a lot more and more violent shakes to clear the jams.

Will these replace a Halo or even anything close? NO WAY! Will they be OK for someone that wants a gravity hopper that works OK because they don't want batteries in a cheap agitated hopper? Definetly. In that vien it's probably almost as good as a cheap 9 volt agitated and way better than a regular VL.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:09 AM #14
steveschmucker2005
yep, it's a piranha !

my archon is better than my old POS quatum viewloader, and close to comparison to my ak rhino.

PBNation Feedback

Ebay Feedback
Old 02-08-2008, 11:47 AM #15
empiretippmann

where can i get one i cant find it anywhere
Old 02-08-2008, 01:34 PM #16
steveschmucker2005
yep, it's a piranha !

online, ebay. i saw them at mc sports too

PBNation Feedback

Ebay Feedback
Old 02-08-2008, 02:19 PM #17
PIRANHA PAUL
owns your face

PIRANHA PAUL helped look for balloons
PIRANHA PAUL owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
wow, im surprised this thread lasted this long. This has NOTHING to do w/ Piranhas!!!

MY EGO
Old 02-08-2008, 11:33 PM #18
Dead_Body

It does if you're using it ON a Piranha...

It's one of the rare times where the extra shaking we get with the good ol' STBB's works to our advantage. The Archon works very nicely with the STBB's. I've not seen any need at all to even try any of my Piranhas with a powered hopper. There has never been a case where I've chopped from too high a rate or didn't get a ball to come out when I pulled the trigger outside of when the hopper gets down to the last 15 to 20 balls as I noted above. The only time I need to Shake&Bake the Archon is when I use it on my autococker which is just that much smoother in operation.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:44 PM #19
Zepulkinator
Epic Purple Dude

Zepulkinator plays in the PSP
Zepulkinator supports Team VICIOUS
Zepulkinator is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Zepulkinator is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Body View Post
It does if you're using it ON a Piranha...

It's one of the rare times where the extra shaking we get with the good ol' STBB's works to our advantage. The Archon works very nicely with the STBB's. I've not seen any need at all to even try any of my Piranhas with a powered hopper. There has never been a case where I've chopped from too high a rate or didn't get a ball to come out when I pulled the trigger outside of when the hopper gets down to the last 15 to 20 balls as I noted above. The only time I need to Shake&Bake the Archon is when I use it on my autococker which is just that much smoother in operation.
Ya, thats because cockers have that "suction" operation. When the bolt moves back it creates a suction and didn't make the balls move like they were supposed to. Didn't know if you know that about cockers or not. But ya those hoppers look pretty neat. Awesome design.