Community Focus

Old 02-05-2008, 09:34 PM #1
Trauma11

Trauma11 plays in the PSP
Trauma11 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Trauma11 donated to help Peyton Trent
Trauma11 plays in the APPA D4 division
Question on wholesale accounts

I have read and searched just about every thread and sticky in this section so before anyone asks or says to, I already did. Problem being is its 95% speculation and opinion.

So with that being said here is the situation. The business will at this time will not be a "brick and mortar" establishment. Most of the aspects of the business will be run out of my home with expansion in the future. There are a number of local fields that are not official, insured, fields with licenses and all the rest, so i want to be able to service these fields (very nice fields have you) and their players. So at this time it will be a traveling business (booth at events and fields) with an online retail store and a field and store to come (when i graduate college). I do not intend for this to be my main source of income, i dont even really consider it supplemental income, more of a hobby (business and paintball being the hobby). I have already obtained my EIN from the IRS, I have appied for a business license with the local municipality(should obtain that by the end of the week with no headaches) and for now the business will remain a sole proprietership so there will be no need for incororating etc.

Now i know some people may frown on paintball business' run in this manner, but my intention is not to satisfy these people 'nor upset them I just need some info, suggestions and reviews. I know that some suppliers will not supply any business without and store front and/or field and thats fine, it's their loss. What im looking for are the suppliers that you folks have worked with in the past and can provide some sort of a review or comment on their prices, shipping, overall service etc. (keep in mind im not really looking for fly by night online business' or wholesale business' that sell to the public as that would have defeated the purpose of everything ive done thus far)

Thank you in advance for the help

Brett Roukey
Old 02-05-2008, 10:37 PM #2
Horizon

Horizon is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma11 View Post
I have read and searched just about every thread and sticky in this section so before anyone asks or says to, I already did. Problem being is its 95% speculation and opinion.

So with that being said here is the situation. The business will at this time will not be a "brick and mortar" establishment. Most of the aspects of the business will be run out of my home with expansion in the future. There are a number of local fields that are not official, insured, fields with licenses and all the rest, so i want to be able to service these fields (very nice fields have you) and their players. So at this time it will be a traveling business (booth at events and fields) with an online retail store and a field and store to come (when i graduate college). I do not intend for this to be my main source of income, i dont even really consider it supplemental income, more of a hobby (business and paintball being the hobby). I have already obtained my EIN from the IRS, I have appied for a business license with the local municipality(should obtain that by the end of the week with no headaches) and for now the business will remain a sole proprietership so there will be no need for incororating etc.

Now i know some people may frown on paintball business' run in this manner, but my intention is not to satisfy these people 'nor upset them I just need some info, suggestions and reviews. I know that some suppliers will not supply any business without and store front and/or field and thats fine, it's their loss. What im looking for are the suppliers that you folks have worked with in the past and can provide some sort of a review or comment on their prices, shipping, overall service etc. (keep in mind im not really looking for fly by night online business' or wholesale business' that sell to the public as that would have defeated the purpose of everything ive done thus far)

Thank you in advance for the help

Brett Roukey
Are there any paintball stores in your area that might be able to steer you in the direction of wholesalers they use in the area?
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:48 AM #3
Trauma11

There is only one that is what I would consider well run and its actually not open for the winter, kind of rules that out.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:02 PM #4
Carnagge

Dude, why post on pbnation.com why not start finding wholesalers, distribution companies that willl give you accounts. Half the time when you go to the supplier if you say you have accounts here/here/here and a business license your good to go.

68/4500 tank
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post64366912
Carnagge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:15 PM #5
Paint and Air

Just fill out dealer apps, explain your situation, and go from their.
Paint and Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:58 AM #6
Trauma11

Im in that process now, i was more or less looking for suggestions outside the box. Obviously i know to go apply with KEE, APS, and any company i want to work directly with. So i wanted suggestions and reviews on other companies. I worked for a field for a while and we ended up dropping a supplier because the paint quality was unacceptable and i would like to avoid those types of headaches