Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-06-2007, 08:14 PM #64
akmed (Banned)
Pun Intended

Get a Blazer or a cocker with a pump kit so you can play semi and not be out gunned but you can make it a pump in a matter of minutes
akmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-24-2007, 05:20 PM #65
Greenhouseeffect (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cciballer52 View Post
If they had an uber light, uber consistent, uber efficient on co2, uber single tube (wtf), and single trigger'd, I'd buy it.
Automag.
Greenhouseeffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 03:49 PM #66
autococker06
zamboni eh

Quote:
Thanks Deagle. Really appreciate the support. (Although my phantom with the hopper and tank is still technically a much cooler open class gat ) I have thought of asking for pointers, but I guess it's just in my nature to be a bit too shy/proud when on the field. I always thought people harassed you guys for tips and I didn't want to be a part of that group.

I think I've made up my mind and I'm probably staying a pumper, and buying myself a classic mag when my birthday comes along.

I'll also save more cash and invest it in better paint. Anyone who balls it up at hollywood sports knows that the redballs and seconds suck. (...cue the Captain Obvious... )

Again, thanks for the help guys. Keep the ideas flowin, because somewhere on PBNation, someone is looking at this thread saying "I'm in the same boat."

I am that someone. Looking at all of this im still undecided and thinking ill keep my semi, and my sniper.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:28 PM #67
cciballer52
Phantom Owner #34419

UPDATE::::

I bought a winchester, CP gas thru, CCI Asa, and a 9 oz tank. I'm ATing up and I'm having a blast again.

I IS A PHANTOM AT MONKEY W00t
()()
( ' ') 00
(><)00
Everytime you shoot a semi, God kills a squirrel. Save the squirrels; shoot a Phantom.
cciballer52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 07:50 PM #68
Kenny_McCormic (Banned)

Take off that stock class feed and load the balls one at a time, that oughta make it a bit more difficult, you would have to cock it then use one hand to hold the pump back while the other hand grabs a ball from your pocket and drops it in making you an incredibly easy target for at least half a second.

Last edited by Kenny_McCormic : 11-26-2007 at 07:53 PM.
Kenny_McCormic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 10:31 PM #69
pumper87

One thing that I would not forget is...you. Take some time to think about what you want to get out of paintball. I had to ask myself questions like, What's the most important thing to me as a player? For me it's having fun on the weekend w/o breaking the bank and getting a great challenge and workout, that's why I play stock class.
What is more important to me, being one of the last people on the field or playing effectivley and still getting out in the end?
Just evaluate what is best for you the player and what you get the most fun out of. One of the great things about paintball is there is no set way to play it, you can play stock class pump one game and the next game play electro w/ a halo b and a huge pod pack. It's about finding the one, or maybe two ways you like to play, and sticking with them and excelling. I play music, like guitar, bass, drums...whatever I can learn to play. Someone once told me to not move onto another instrument until I was comfortable on the one I was currently playing, the same applies to paintball. Now I can play guitar, bass, drums, mandolin anyway you get the point. Have a great time whenever you paint it up b/c it could be the last time you get too. -peace
pumper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 11:02 PM #70
Pumpa

Quote:
UPDATE::::

I bought a winchester, CP gas thru, CCI Asa, and a 9 oz tank. I'm ATing up and I'm having a blast again.

I IS A PHANTOM AT MONKEY W00t
Good to hear. BTW does your winchester have a coller for the lid? Mine doesn't it kinda sucks. I am just going to cut a whole in the middle and puts some flaps on it for a Ghetto speed feed.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:23 AM #71
danbob1088
succisa virescit

has been a member for 10 years
danbob1088 is a Paintball photographer
danbob1088 is an NCPA player
danbob1088 plays in the APPA D5 division
Pumpa, just mod it with a pod lid.

flickr
danbob1088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 03:47 AM #72
cciballer52
Phantom Owner #34419

UPDATE AGAIN:::

Selling/trading the phantom to get a Tac 9. I fell in love with it and I'm being burned out of paintball altogether anyway so I'm doing this on impulse..

Phantom, you have treated me well
()()
( ' ') 00
(><)00
Everytime you shoot a semi, God kills a squirrel. Save the squirrels; shoot a Phantom.
cciballer52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 04:18 PM #73
nightcrewcaptain

Here's 2 options:

1st, like posted before, try a pistol out. It's basically stock class (horizontal feed, unless its a tag 8, 12 grams and such), but it's semi. You still get the light gun set up and all.

2nd, I put this sweet little set up together and it rocks. It's kind of pointless to most people, but or someone like you it'd be perfect. Pick up an AGD minimag. You can take a 3.5 oz and put it in the front, just like the phantom (the mini mag comes with the mount in front of the trigger already), take the stock that you have for your phantom and put that on the minimag so you can steady your shots, and then put a little 50 round hopper on top. If you can visualize that in your head, you'll have a semi auto mag, but with the lightness of a 3.5 oz tanks, and the sturdyness of a stock. Kind of pointless because you might as well just use a VSC phantom, but for someone in your position it should work great. It'd also be a helluva lot cheaper than a T9.
nightcrewcaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 04:09 AM #74
wolfwood434
UNknow_Pb

i bought a semi again just to see what missing ya its alot more fun but its even more fun when you hit guys with 700-1000$ semi guns with your pump

NEW autococker Tadeo board!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...4#post57115564
wolfwood434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:30 PM #75
Twizted Brain Wave
I suck at paintball

Twizted Brain Wave owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Why not keep your Phantom, so you can play stock class and open class. And buy a second Phantom and....make it semi? There's your single trigger, single tube, uber efficient uber light semi auto marker.

And I'll tell you, there ain't many around, so you'd be unique too. Having the "pretty sister" (pump Phantom), and the "ugly sister" (semi Phantom). Yeah.....that's what I would personally do in your situation.

Current Stable:
Angel A1 {Fly'd & Magno'd} - "2k9" PTP Micromag - CCM T2 - DM3 - Bob Long Millenium Spyder

WTT/WTS: PM me for details
Offer on any of the above
Twizted Brain Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:36 PM #76
-=S!ress=-

phantoms are horrible semi's, look up bore drop versus breech drop.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:00 PM #77
jamesert

Quote:
UPDATE AGAIN:::

Selling/trading the phantom to get a Tac 9. I fell in love with it and I'm being burned out of paintball altogether anyway so I'm doing this on impulse..

Phantom, you have treated me well
Just got through reading this. Sorry to hear about the burnout. That happened to me awhile back and I just had to step away for a few months.. And sorry to hear you're getting out of pump. I know how you feel sometimes and the missed opportunities on the field sometimes. I don't know how many times I've walked off the field wishing I'd had a semi. And I do, I have a Matrix sitting in my gearbag. Bought it new last June. I've used it 4 times. Oh and one of those times I as using a Winchester pocket hopper. But I just cannot justify pulling the semi out. I figure that if I cannot hit somebody in the first or second shot with my pump, I'm not going to hit them with my semi either because after the first or second shot most people get in their bunker.

Anyway if you really wanted to stay with pump and up your ability to throw some paint, you should get something like a S6.
jamesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 01:40 PM #78
Twizted Brain Wave
I suck at paintball

Twizted Brain Wave owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=S!ress=- View Post
phantoms are horrible semi's, look up bore drop versus breech drop.
Hmm, I never heard of anything really bad with 'em. A fella at a field I play at in the summer had one last year, and he said he really liked it. Though I guess he didn't really go into details, for whatever reason.

It would still be unique though lol

Current Stable:
Angel A1 {Fly'd & Magno'd} - "2k9" PTP Micromag - CCM T2 - DM3 - Bob Long Millenium Spyder

WTT/WTS: PM me for details
Offer on any of the above
Twizted Brain Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:08 AM #79
bubkat

I would just buy a cheap spyder to use when the pump gets old.