Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2008, 05:59 PM #43
zkorAVALS
4T3HLULZ
 
zkorAVALS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by getsideways View Post
nah a 10t motor wouldnt be good for drifting because the lower you go in turns, the less torque you have and you want torque for drifting
Not essentially. When you're using RC cars, torque doesn't matter as much as it does in real life. People in Japan use pretty high-turn motors.
__________________
XBL: SlavaRussky
zkorAVALS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-01-2008, 09:42 PM #44
playinpaintball
Public Enemy
 
playinpaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: 540
playinpaintball is an NCPA player
playinpaintball plays in the APPA D5 division
okay, so i'm looking to get into the rc scene. I thought drifting would be cool, so i found a few TT-01s like you guys suggested, but i was wondering what battery packs/chargers and remote controllers you guys would suggest? also, are the cars good to just put on normal tires and drive around too?
__________________
VIRGINIA TECH
playinpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:44 PM #45
zkorAVALS
4T3HLULZ
 
zkorAVALS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by playinpaintball View Post
okay, so i'm looking to get into the rc scene. I thought drifting would be cool, so i found a few TT-01s like you guys suggested, but i was wondering what battery packs/chargers and remote controllers you guys would suggest? also, are the cars good to just put on normal tires and drive around too?
Slap on some normal tires and you're good.
I really really really love my AE XP2. Its pretty cheap but it works great. For battery, try to go LiPo if you have the money, but if not, go NiMh. Antying over 3000 mh's will last you long enough.
__________________
XBL: SlavaRussky
zkorAVALS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:54 PM #46
playinpaintball
Public Enemy
 
playinpaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: 540
playinpaintball is an NCPA player
playinpaintball plays in the APPA D5 division
about how long do you get off of one battery charge, and how long does it tipically take to charge? thanks for the help
__________________
VIRGINIA TECH
playinpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:59 PM #47
zkorAVALS
4T3HLULZ
 
zkorAVALS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by playinpaintball View Post
about how long do you get off of one battery charge, and how long does it tipically take to charge? thanks for the help
If you get a quick charger, it could take just 15 minutes. Charge last depends on then amps of the battery. 3000 is about...30-45 minutes i guess
__________________
XBL: SlavaRussky
zkorAVALS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 10:24 PM #48
getsideways
 
 
getsideways's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkorAVALS View Post
Not essentially. When you're using RC cars, torque doesn't matter as much as it does in real life. People in Japan use pretty high-turn motors.
exactly. the lower the turn count, the less torque. a 10turn motor will always have less torque than a 27t motor. most people use a motor in the 18-27 turn range.
getsideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 11:03 PM #49
playinpaintball
Public Enemy
 
playinpaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: 540
playinpaintball is an NCPA player
playinpaintball plays in the APPA D5 division
so this is the car i think i've decided on buying, but wanted you guys to check it out to make sure i'm not making a bad choice since I really don't know anything about rc or what they sell for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=023
__________________
VIRGINIA TECH
playinpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 11:06 PM #50
beater of angels
 
 
beater of angels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kneebraska
beater of angels plays in the APPA beginner division
TT-01's make great drift cars from what i've read.

I own a TC4, but its a little more expensive than the tt01, but drifts nicely setup right/right tires on it.

I think i maye pick up a tt-01 just because how cheap they are.
__________________
beater of angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 01:02 AM #51
zkorAVALS
4T3HLULZ
 
zkorAVALS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by playinpaintball View Post
so this is the car i think i've decided on buying, but wanted you guys to check it out to make sure i'm not making a bad choice since I really don't know anything about rc or what they sell for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=023
Just wondering. Do you want that exact body?
Keep this in mind, that body will be in very bad shape after about a week of driving. You will wreck alot. You can find something a tad cheaper if you don't care what the body looks like.
__________________
XBL: SlavaRussky
zkorAVALS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 09:14 AM #52
Supra_MKIII
Check your math.
 
Supra_MKIII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Not what you think
Also note that you need to buy a remote, too. That just includes the car.
__________________
ST:Tech- We write Haikus. Also, THE PLAGUE

2001 Viggen // Stage 1 Oil Injection // Stage 3 Exhaust Leak // Wet Clutch Mod
Supra_MKIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 12:11 PM #53
zkorAVALS
4T3HLULZ
 
zkorAVALS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra_MKIII View Post
Also note that you need to buy a remote, too. That just includes the car.
Yep.
Like i said before, if this is your first RC car, the AE XP2 is a great radio.
__________________
XBL: SlavaRussky
zkorAVALS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 07:17 PM #54
playinpaintball
Public Enemy
 
playinpaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: 540
playinpaintball is an NCPA player
playinpaintball plays in the APPA D5 division



would that work? cuz i already have it
__________________
VIRGINIA TECH
playinpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 07:36 PM #55
zkorAVALS
4T3HLULZ
 
zkorAVALS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by playinpaintball View Post

would that work? cuz i already have it
I don't see a problem with it.
You would need a servo if you don't already have one.
__________________
XBL: SlavaRussky
zkorAVALS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 07:43 PM #56
playinpaintball
Public Enemy
 
playinpaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: 540
playinpaintball is an NCPA player
playinpaintball plays in the APPA D5 division
okay well if no one buys the car that's w/ i'll just yank the servo off of that. does it matter that that's for a nitro and i'm getting a electric?
__________________
VIRGINIA TECH
playinpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 07:47 PM #57
zkorAVALS
4T3HLULZ
 
zkorAVALS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by playinpaintball View Post
okay well if no one buys the car that's w/ i'll just yank the servo off of that. does it matter that that's for a nitro and i'm getting a electric?
Not at all. All servos work for all cars/planes.
__________________
XBL: SlavaRussky
zkorAVALS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:23 PM #58
dyejunkie1
 
 
dyejunkie1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Southern Maryland
 has been a member for 10 years
I've never been big into RC cars but have always liked them. They had an RC drift track with cars set up at Hot Import Nights this past year that I went. It was pretty cool.
__________________
Feedback
xbl - handclap247
dyejunkie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:59 PM #59
zkorAVALS
4T3HLULZ
 
zkorAVALS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyejunkie1 View Post
I've never been big into RC cars but have always liked them. They had an RC drift track with cars set up at Hot Import Nights this past year that I went. It was pretty cool.
Same. I think they've started doing that all all the HIN events.
__________________
XBL: SlavaRussky
zkorAVALS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:02 PM #60
playinpaintball
Public Enemy
 
playinpaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: 540
playinpaintball is an NCPA player
playinpaintball plays in the APPA D5 division
just ordered all my stuff
__________________
VIRGINIA TECH
playinpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:32 PM #61
zkorAVALS
4T3HLULZ
 
zkorAVALS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by playinpaintball View Post
just ordered all my stuff
Sweet. Let me know how it goes. Take pictures too. If you have any problems, feel free to send me a PM.
__________________
XBL: SlavaRussky
zkorAVALS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 08:16 PM #62
playinpaintball
Public Enemy
 
playinpaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: 540
playinpaintball is an NCPA player
playinpaintball plays in the APPA D5 division
will do. i ended up getting the tt01 rtr new off of ebay b/c it came w/ the radio and a painted body and assembled and all that jazz. I figured since i don't know much about them yet i'd just buy one that's already put together.
__________________
VIRGINIA TECH
playinpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:55 PM #63
zkorAVALS
4T3HLULZ
 
zkorAVALS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by playinpaintball View Post
will do. i ended up getting the tt01 rtr new off of ebay b/c it came w/ the radio and a painted body and assembled and all that jazz. I figured since i don't know much about them yet i'd just buy one that's already put together.
I will honestly say that, that wasn't so great of an idea. You're gonna have to go crazy figuring out how it works and everything. I did that too, and at least for a month I didn't know how to set anything up or replace anything.
__________________
XBL: SlavaRussky
zkorAVALS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump