Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-31-2008, 03:55 AM #64
FlameofOsiris

has been a member for 10 years
Meh this Kat Williams guy is ok, he didn't make me laugh out loud or anything but it wasn't as bad as some other stuff I've heard. Dane Cook is in the same boat in my opinion. They both try to force humor and it gets very annoying to me. They're both bearable I guess. There's this other black comedian I've heard on Comedy Central and I thought he was really funny. I wish I could remember his name and the Comedy Central website doesn't really help because they have too many comics. He was a little big if I remember correctly and he talked about how he always made sure he had a scapegoat such as him buying gum from a deli just so he could get a receipt to prove that he wasn't near a scene of a crime lol. It's much funnier if you watch it. My favorite comedian is definitely Brian Regan. No one puts a bigger smile on my face. Oh and the real un-edited version of that Rick Ross song is much better than the one in that video. He also made a pretty good remix with Busta Rhymes.

Intel E6750. EVGA 680i SLI SE Motherboard. 4 Gigs of Corsair Dominator 1066Mhz. BFG 260 OC. Creative Sound Blaster Extreme Gamer. Ultra ChillTec thermal electric cooler. 2 x 250 Gig 7,200 RPM Barracuda's. 2 x Asus Lightscribe DVD Burners. Black Cooler Master Stacker chassis with 5 Cooler Master Stealth Fans. Samsung 226BW. Logitech THX Z-5300e 5.1 Speakers.

Not too computer savvy, I'm just too cheap to compromise.
FlameofOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-31-2008, 06:02 AM #65
Јon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameofOsiris View Post
My favorite comedian is definitely Brian Regan. No one puts a bigger smile on my face.
Ugh. He's worse than Kat imo.

How is any of that supposed to be funny?
Јon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:32 PM #66
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D5 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by :Grape Drink: View Post
what does that scare you or some ****? Big deal
he was referring to the intelligence level/humor appeal of the audience and relating it to their race.
and not everyone in ST is white.

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
yuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 04:28 PM #67
Gorgon_Sed
Satanist Hamster

god that song is ****ing annoying
Old 01-31-2008, 06:42 PM #68
FlameofOsiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Јon View Post
Ugh. He's worse than Kat imo.

How is any of that supposed to be funny?
How is that not supposed to be funny? He's definitely not worse than Kat Williams from any standpoint. He doesn't need a song playing for him to be funny and he doesn't repeat the same joke 5 times. Plus he doesn't force humor. Who do you find to be funny anyway Jon?

Intel E6750. EVGA 680i SLI SE Motherboard. 4 Gigs of Corsair Dominator 1066Mhz. BFG 260 OC. Creative Sound Blaster Extreme Gamer. Ultra ChillTec thermal electric cooler. 2 x 250 Gig 7,200 RPM Barracuda's. 2 x Asus Lightscribe DVD Burners. Black Cooler Master Stacker chassis with 5 Cooler Master Stealth Fans. Samsung 226BW. Logitech THX Z-5300e 5.1 Speakers.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:06 PM #69
Јon

Quote:
How is that not supposed to be funny? He's definitely not worse than Kat Williams from any standpoint. He doesn't need a song playing for him to be funny and he doesn't repeat the same joke 5 times. Plus he doesn't force humor. Who do you find to be funny anyway Jon?
There's a reason Kat is more successful than him.
Brian Regan adds a douchebag smirk to the end of all of his jokes, and bounces around the stage like he has to take a piss.

His jokes are predictable, drawn out, and boring. The things that kill it for me are his facial expressions and exaggerated impressions.
And you say he doesn't force humor?!??
Every joke involves a stupid person or person with a retard speech impediment so he can act it out.

Last edited by Јon : 01-31-2008 at 07:19 PM.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:05 AM #70
FlameofOsiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Јon View Post
There's a reason Kat is more successful than him.
Brian Regan adds a douchebag smirk to the end of all of his jokes, and bounces around the stage like he has to take a piss.

His jokes are predictable, drawn out, and boring. The things that kill it for me are his facial expressions and exaggerated impressions.
And you say he doesn't force humor?!??
Every joke involves a stupid person or person with a retard speech impediment so he can act it out.
Well from what I've seen a lot of his stuff is somewhat observational so it would be somewhat predictable. I see your point though and respect it. I really couldn't say what type of humor I don't like but I hate the style of Joe Rogan, although I really do respect him as a person with him shouting out Carlos Mencia and all. What comedians do you like anyway? I like Kevin James' and Robin Williams' styles as well as Regans.

Old 02-01-2008, 03:36 AM #71
Јon

Quote:
Well from what I've seen a lot of his stuff is somewhat observational so it would be somewhat predictable. I see your point though and respect it. I really couldn't say what type of humor I don't like but I hate the style of Joe Rogan, although I really do respect him as a person with him shouting out Carlos Mencia and all. What comedians do you like anyway? I like Kevin James' and Robin Williams' styles as well as Regans.
Carlin, Louis C.K., Demetri Martin, Chappelle, Pryor, just to name a few.

And same to you, as far as respect. Don't feel like I was attacking you, it's just that you like someone who I hate.
I respect your right to liking someone, but not the person you like.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:00 AM #72
:Grape Drink: (Banned)

I said it b4, its all how it relates to you (i think) like when katt did that, "white ppl plz stop putting them leashes on your kids" joke. I did not stop laughing for the longest time. Because it was, everything he said was true. Ill be in the mall with my sister/mom/friends and if either one of us see a kid on a little leash like that we point it out and start laughing. It was already funny b4 he did the joke but now when i see kids on leashes i laugh just that much harder.

oh ya chris rock, chappelle, katt, chris tucker, are def my fav. I dont like ppl who dont make me laugh.
:Grape Drink: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 08:38 AM #73
holycheezit
I'm Vicious, Bro

holycheezit supports Team VICIOUS
didn't think it was funny
Old 02-01-2008, 09:02 AM #74
Prouddm5owner2 (Banned)

Quote:
I said it b4, its all how it relates to you (i think) like when katt did that, "white ppl plz stop putting them leashes on your kids" joke. I did not stop laughing for the longest time. Because it was, everything he said was true. Ill be in the mall with my sister/mom/friends and if either one of us see a kid on a little leash like that we point it out and start laughing. It was already funny b4 he did the joke but now when i see kids on leashes i laugh just that much harder.

oh ya chris rock, chappelle, katt, chris tucker, are def my fav. I dont like ppl who dont make me laugh.
Thats racist.
Prouddm5owner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:12 AM #75
:Grape Drink: (Banned)

how?
:Grape Drink: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 08:14 PM #76
FlameofOsiris

Quote:
how?
I think he was referring to you saying who your favorite comedians are. They were all black but i think he was joking lol. I think Chris Tucker is really boring now there's someone that tries to force humor. Can someone please put up some vids of some good Dave Chappelle stuff? He seems to be really funny although I haven't seen his show or anything else he really did for that matter. Anybody know of that black comedian from comedy central who said he always bought stuff just for the receipts so he would have a scapegoat?