Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-29-2008, 03:31 AM #1
Kamikaze33

halfassed

so ive decided for my next pump i want it to b a cocker with a halfassed body from FBM
forgive the newbness, i know jack all about cockers haha but is it possible to just order a full halfassed from anywhere or do i have to get a cocker then the halfassed body? if so will any cocker do or is there a kit i need, blahblahblah
Kamikaze33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-29-2008, 09:16 AM #2
Mheinlein
King Of Pain

The halfass body is a FBM product. The term you are looking for is halfblock in which the back part of the top tube is cut away and a shorter bolt and cocking rod are used. This also negates the need for the back block which is replaced with a sled. You can buy a do it yourself kit or have it done by someone.
http://www.jarrettcustommachining.com/
Feedback
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...4#post26294264
Mheinlein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:31 PM #3
tigwldr
Chaos

Annual Supporting Member
tigwldr is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
tigwldr is playing at Living Legends VII
http://www.pbmodshop.com

PBmodshop is your one stop shop. You can ship it to him and get back your milled and re-anoed body or entire gun if that what you are looking for.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:22 PM #4
bnctaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze33 View Post
so ive decided for my next pump i want it to b a cocker with a halfassed body from FBM
forgive the newbness, i know jack all about cockers haha but is it possible to just order a full halfassed from anywhere or do i have to get a cocker then the halfassed body? if so will any cocker do or is there a kit i need, blahblahblah
If you want specifically the halfassed, then directly is the only way I know of to buy the halfassed firsthand. It will be easier for the inexperienced with Autocockers to buy a 'Cocker and the kit separately though you could buy all the best parts to put on it in the BST and stuff. I won't recommend the latter route, though if you're really interested you will be able to find parts lists in the Autococker forum and you basically won't need any parts that you see connecting to the pneumatics on a diagram, except a pump arm, which will probably have to be made "custom" for your build because it's a pump and half blocked.

Other halfblocks can be found practically anywhere that mills markers.
Dans le port d'Amsterdam il y a des marins qui meurent pleins de bière et de drames aux premières lueurs. Mais dans le port d'Amsterdam il y a des marins qui naissent dans la chaleur épaisse des langueurs océanes
bnctaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:53 PM #5
Kamikaze33

ok so basically any cocker work? like could i buy one of those cheapass trilogies off actionvillage and then order a halfassed body through fbm?
thanks tigwldr ill def look into that too cuz i want to get it 'custom' annod too
Old 01-29-2008, 07:56 PM #6
bnctaj

I wouldn't roll with a Trilogy because I'm not quite up to snuff on all the differences between the regular 'Cockers and Trilogies other than integrated LPRs.
Dans le port d'Amsterdam il y a des marins qui meurent pleins de bière et de drames aux premières lueurs. Mais dans le port d'Amsterdam il y a des marins qui naissent dans la chaleur épaisse des langueurs océanes
Old 01-30-2008, 04:02 AM #7
Kamikaze33

whats the next best/cheapest one? cuz trilogies r like $60 right now and the next 'cheapest' i saw was like $300
Old 01-30-2008, 12:16 PM #8
Hisse

I'm not entirely sure if the trilogy would work, however if you look around you can find some places with 2k4 vert feeds for sale. For something like this however i would probably suggest finding one in the bst section. The reason for this is that in your case you really only need the internal, reg and trigger frame so you'll probably end up with better parts if you look around than if you just buy a stock cocker.
Hisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 05:19 PM #9
bnctaj

No offense but look harder.
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/...wAAAD6x_7inKHi
Old 01-31-2008, 07:42 PM #10
Kamikaze33

that prostock is new it wasnt up there last time when i saw the trilogy for 60$ lol but ill get that haha thanks
Old 01-31-2008, 07:43 PM #11
Kamikaze33

their out of stock
Old 01-31-2008, 08:18 PM #12
bnctaj

Sucks. There are plenty of other places and if all else fails you can pick one up in the BST here for cheap, third party it if you're uncomfortable, and find someone at your field who can fix them to show you how to fix numerous problems affiliated with 'cockers.