Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2008, 05:16 PM #1
Truthiness
 
 
Truthiness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Paulbot Revolution?

Alright, so I just checked out Ron Pauls' voting history. I liked most of it, but here's what I didn't like:

# No "sexual orientation" in Employment Non-Discrimination Act. (Sep 2007)
Voted NO on requiring lobbyist disclosure of bundled donations. (May 2007)
Voted NO on campaign finance reform banning soft-money contributions. (Feb 2002)
Voted NO on banning soft money and issue ads. (Sep 1999)
Unlimited campaign contributions; with full disclosure. (Dec 2000)
Rated 5% by the LCV, indicating anti-environment votes. (Dec 2003)
Voted NO on raising CAFE standards; incentives for alternative fuels. (Aug 2001)
Voted YES on scheduling permitting for new oil refinieries. (Jun 2006)
Voted NO on criminalizing oil cartels like OPEC. (May 2007)
Supports a Constitutional Amendment for school prayer. (May 1997)
Abolish the federal Department of Education. (Dec 2000)
Tax-credited programs for Christian schooling. (Sep 2007)
Equal funds for abstinence as contraceptive-based education. (Sep 2007)
Present scientific facts that support creationism. (Sep 2007)
Voted YES on banning gay adoptions in DC. (Jul 1999)
Voted NO on allowing human embryonic stem cell research. (May 2005)


He's not perfect.
Truthiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-25-2008, 05:52 PM #2
aieou
Presence of Mind
 
aieou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: the lab
aieou is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
He's not perfect because he has his an opinion of his own?
aieou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 06:11 PM #3
hmmmDonut
Life fails **
 
hmmmDonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Pembroke Pines, fl.
hmmmDonut is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthiness View Post
Alright, so I just checked out Ron Pauls' voting history. I liked most of it, but here's what I didn't like:

# No "sexual orientation" in Employment Non-Discrimination Act. (Sep 2007)
Voted NO on requiring lobbyist disclosure of bundled donations. (May 2007)
Voted NO on campaign finance reform banning soft-money contributions. (Feb 2002)
Voted NO on banning soft money and issue ads. (Sep 1999)
Unlimited campaign contributions; with full disclosure. (Dec 2000)
Rated 5% by the LCV, indicating anti-environment votes. (Dec 2003)
Voted NO on raising CAFE standards; incentives for alternative fuels. (Aug 2001)
Voted YES on scheduling permitting for new oil refinieries. (Jun 2006)
Voted NO on criminalizing oil cartels like OPEC. (May 2007)
Supports a Constitutional Amendment for school prayer. (May 1997)
Abolish the federal Department of Education. (Dec 2000)
Tax-credited programs for Christian schooling. (Sep 2007)
Equal funds for abstinence as contraceptive-based education. (Sep 2007)
Present scientific facts that support creationism. (Sep 2007)
Voted YES on banning gay adoptions in DC. (Jul 1999)
Voted NO on allowing human embryonic stem cell research. (May 2005)


He's not perfect.
No one said he is, but compared to every candidate he might as well be a prophet.

I don't care about he stance on social issues. Congress is much to liberal for him to ever change anything if he got into office. However he voted against the CAFE requirements which I believe to be one of the worst bills ever passed in Congress, so he still gets my support.
hmmmDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 06:21 PM #4
travis2k2rf
 
 
travis2k2rf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: NC/VA/??
travis2k2rf is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthiness View Post
He's not perfect.
His voting history does drop my opinion of him, but thats beside the point.

Who is perfect chief?
__________________
FEEDBACK:
OLD
NEW

travis2k2rf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 06:35 PM #5
12LbChevelle
Tip your refs.
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pullman, WA
You put the stem cell votes in bold as if they mean something to you.

Would you care about his abortion vote too?

They are both topics that gay people and fat women talk about, come on feller..
__________________
WSU Cougar Paintball FTWPaintball.com Revenge V2 LE, '97 Pump minicocker, Ion
12LbChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 06:52 PM #6
[JUSTIN]
●LOVE●
 
[JUSTIN]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12LbChevelle View Post
You put the stem cell votes in bold as if they mean something to you.

Would you care about his abortion vote too?

They are both topics that gay people and fat women talk about, come on feller..
Stem cell is extremely important to me. On a personal level, it's the most important social issue. Your post really makes no sense, it's as if you're trying to say it's "uncool" to care about stem cell and abortion, which is just as illogical as it gets.
[JUSTIN] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:12 PM #7
EY3
one love
 
EY3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: location, location.
i didnt like the christian schooling and that he believes in creationism.

everything else is based on free-market. now you know why hes a republican.
__________________
رایم برای من مراجعت کنید
EY3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:58 PM #8
Jim96SC2
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Truthiness, are you another person who doesn't read? I was expecting more from you. Embryonic stem cell research votes were for federal supplimented and funding research, not allowing scientific research. You, or I, could start the research right this second with private funding.
__________________
It is perfectly acceptable to use 40 years of data to determine that over 4 billion years of existance and change, mankind is destroying the earth.
Heller v. DC: The Second Amendment is now an individual right. You can't have my gun.
Election '08: Proving that America will come out and vote for well dressed BS.
Jim96SC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:31 PM #9
carp
Back To The Deathstar
 
carp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Palm Bay, FL
Well stem cell research fell into abortion but now stem cells can be created with normal skin cells, i forget how they did it but it was a big advance in 2007.

But everything else aside hes my favorite even though we probably will end up with a democrat in office, but being perfect? none of them are remotely close.I'm sure they all are in politics because they care about he people right?
carp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 11:30 PM #10
The 2008 Account
 
 
The 2008 Account's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Galway
stem cells are important to me, I am doing research on them
__________________
The Walrus was Paul

Libertarianism-the radical notion that you don't own other people
The 2008 Account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 11:43 PM #11
Oconnore
mmm Frogs
 
Oconnore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Massachussets
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthiness View Post
Alright, so I just checked out Ron Pauls' voting history. I liked most of it, but here's what I didn't like:

# No "sexual orientation" in Employment Non-Discrimination Act. (Sep 2007)
Voted NO on requiring lobbyist disclosure of bundled donations. (May 2007)
Voted NO on campaign finance reform banning soft-money contributions. (Feb 2002)
Voted NO on banning soft money and issue ads. (Sep 1999)
Unlimited campaign contributions; with full disclosure. (Dec 2000)
Rated 5% by the LCV, indicating anti-environment votes. (Dec 2003)
Voted NO on raising CAFE standards; incentives for alternative fuels. (Aug 2001)
Voted YES on scheduling permitting for new oil refinieries. (Jun 2006)
Voted NO on criminalizing oil cartels like OPEC. (May 2007)
Supports a Constitutional Amendment for school prayer. (May 1997)
Abolish the federal Department of Education. (Dec 2000)
Tax-credited programs for Christian schooling. (Sep 2007)
Equal funds for abstinence as contraceptive-based education. (Sep 2007)
Present scientific facts that support creationism. (Sep 2007)
Voted YES on banning gay adoptions in DC. (Jul 1999)
Voted NO on allowing human embryonic stem cell research. (May 2005)


He's not perfect.
No one is perfect.

If I made a list like that of most major candidates it would overrun the character limit on PBNation.

Furthermore, a Democratic congress is not going to allow any of his questionable policies to be passed. It is only a push in the right direction. The only absolute thing he would be able to accomplish is bringing us back to a non-interventionist foreign policy.
Oconnore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 11:46 PM #12
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04
 
Animalm0ther3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cary, NC **WE GOT CUP**
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthiness View Post
Alright, so I just checked out Ron Pauls' voting history. I liked most of it, but here's what I didn't like:

# No "sexual orientation" in Employment Non-Discrimination Act. Employer rights. Why should the government step in on the rights of a private business owner and tell them who can work for them and for what reasons? (Sep 2007)
Voted NO on requiring lobbyist disclosure of bundled donations. (May 2007)
Voted NO on campaign finance reform banning soft-money contributions. (Feb 2002)
Voted NO on banning soft money and issue ads. (Sep 1999)
Unlimited campaign contributions; with full disclosure. (Dec 2000)I'm assuming he sees federal regulation as not the answer to the problem.
Rated 5% by the LCV, indicating anti-environment votes. (Dec 2003)Based on the opinion of the LCV, however, he has a different philosophy of improving the environment, which uses property rights to let people have the right to not be polluted (in a nutshell)
Voted NO on raising CAFE standards; incentives for alternative fuels. (Aug 2001) Again, regulation, and subsidizing alternative fuels increases spending and benefits only certain companies the government chooses. He believes the free market would best solve the problem. *cough* electric cars.
Voted YES on scheduling permitting for new oil refinieries. (Jun 2006)
Voted NO on criminalizing oil cartels like OPEC. (May 2007)
Supports a Constitutional Amendment for school prayer. (May 1997) In his opinion, which I don't agree with but completely understand, people should have the right to practice their religion in school. (but should not be required to take part in it)
Abolish the federal Department of Education. (Dec 2000) Traditional Republican position, getting the federal government out of public schooling. No child left behind? What good comes out of federally regulated education?
Tax-credited programs for Christian schooling. (Sep 2007)
Equal funds for abstinence as contraceptive-based education. (Sep 2007)
Present scientific facts that support creationism. (Sep 2007)
Voted YES on banning gay adoptions in DC. (Jul 1999)
Voted NO on allowing human embryonic stem cell research. (May 2005)


He's not perfect.
I explained what I could, when everything is taken out of context like that you can't determine the reasoning behind is vote, but if you didnt know he is a creationist who doesn't believe in evolution. I don't believe however he hates gay adoption simply because he hates gay adoptions or he voted no on allowing stem cell research simply because he thinks its murder (which he acknowledges is a state's right to legislate)
__________________
D Shizzle 924 is a woman.

"Originally posted by so_FLY: i've heard one beer adds .1 to your BAC, so he had 79 beers?"
Animalm0ther3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 11:46 PM #13
EY3
one love
 
EY3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: location, location.
could you imagine hilarys list?
__________________
رایم برای من مراجعت کنید
EY3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 06:47 PM #14
Furious Ge0rge (Banned)
 
Furious Ge0rge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: flag@whitehouse.gov
Quote:
Originally Posted by EY3 View Post
could you imagine hilarys list?
.
Furious Ge0rge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:46 PM #15
Truthiness
 
 
Truthiness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12LbChevelle View Post
You put the stem cell votes in bold as if they mean something to you.

Would you care about his abortion vote too?

They are both topics that gay people and fat women talk about, come on feller..
Alright Officer Badass, what kind of political discussions are cool enough for us to have in your presence?

Yeah, I put them in bold as if they mean something to me, because they do.

Now, go move the rice-burners off your overgrown front lawn, idiot.

Last edited by Truthiness : 01-26-2008 at 07:59 PM.
Truthiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:47 PM #16
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04
 
Animalm0ther3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cary, NC **WE GOT CUP**
Also the term Paulbot is an oxymoron. An open mind is required to fully understand Ron Paul's philosophy of government.
__________________
D Shizzle 924 is a woman.

"Originally posted by so_FLY: i've heard one beer adds .1 to your BAC, so he had 79 beers?"
Animalm0ther3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:49 PM #17
Truthiness
 
 
Truthiness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
And Jesus Christ, like 8 people have told me that "no one is perfect". No ****, you idiots.

I even said that I liked most of his voting history in the first ****ing line of my post.

The fact that his internet badass base loves him doesn't mean that I'm not allowed to criticize Emperor Paultron.
Truthiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:54 PM #18
Truthiness
 
 
Truthiness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by aieou View Post
He's not perfect because he has his an opinion of his own?
Am I hurting your feelings? I suppose dearest Dr. Paul is the most perfect person in your world, the father-figure you never had?

Yeah, voting not to allow embryonic stem-cell research does make him imperfect, and if that's his opinion, I disagree with it strongly. But if we used your logic, aka defending candidates by saying that they "have opinions of their own!!1 ", I could say "What, Hillary's not perfect because she has an opinion of her own? "
Truthiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 08:03 PM #19
Animalm0ther3
The Stig, [])anny, df04
 
Animalm0ther3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cary, NC **WE GOT CUP**
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthiness View Post
Yeah, voting not to allow embryonic stem-cell research does make him imperfect, and if that's his opinion, I disagree with it strongly. But if we used your logic, aka defending candidates by saying that they "have opinions of their own!!1 ", I could say "What, Hillary's not perfect because she has an opinion of her own? "
http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul252.html


"The issue is not whether the federal government should fund one type of stem cell research or another. The issue is whether the federal government should fund stem cell research at all. Clearly there is no constitutional authority for Congress to do so, which means individual states and private citizens should decide whether to permit, ban, or fund it. Neither party in Washington can fathom that millions and millions of Americans simply don’t want their tax dollars spent on government research of any kind. This viewpoint is never considered."

Many of his stances on positions are misunderstood like this.
__________________
D Shizzle 924 is a woman.

"Originally posted by so_FLY: i've heard one beer adds .1 to your BAC, so he had 79 beers?"

Last edited by Animalm0ther3 : 01-27-2008 at 12:16 AM.
Animalm0ther3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump